TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chaosrage

Eddie's autopsy report

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report

Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is steel reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Guest Stunt Granny

Not really suprised about that, Eddie was hardcore sober since last time the E fired him in 2001. Looks like it all caught up with him in the end though.

They need to hire road physicians to give these guys routine check-ups on a bi-weekly basis. If his heart was that bad then they obviously don't have them because his blood pressure would have been through the roof.

It's sad that this business is so work intense that even if a man can clean himself up like Eddie did and stay straight the previous years of damage will be increased due to the output of the worker.

It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure.

That's partially steroids, or whatever he was taking. I'll wait to hear more than what WWE.com posts. They're not going to mention steroid use, ever.

It was steroids and drug abuse combined. The fact they make it abundantly clear it was from his past in the first line makes me believe steroids were a contributing factor.

Sounds like the same thing that caught up with Rude.

Guest Leelee
Good, now I hope everybody stops saying it was because of steroids and shit.

It doesn't at all...

Just "working out like crazy" doesn't enlarge your heart. During the exercises, the increased heartrate puts a toll on you... but, afterwards, your heart returns to normal, and is smaller, stronger and healthier.

I can't say Eddy was on a form of steroids in the last few years... but, one can form their own judgments by looking at the size of his body through his career.

Good, now I hope everybody stops saying it was because of steroids and shit.

These results actually support the steroid theory. Steroids = drugs

HGH isn't a steroid, is virtually undetectable and can cause the symptoms other steroid users suffer do (back acne, short temper, mood swings) without the legal crap. Eddy was ripped in 98, everything he has put on since then was probably a tremendous strain on his frame.

All you need to look at is HHH's forehead for proof that HGH isn't unheard of in the WWE. I believe Davey Boy Smith and Hawk are also unfortunate victims of this kind of death.

Now we know at least part of the story. The other part still has a few weeks before it plays itself out there. The Toxicology report will tell the rest of the tale.

But from what we know, this is just even sadder, because now we have to wait to get the full story. We're not going to know the truth till then, and I think for all Eddie fans, it's going to be hard period, as it could've been.

- He was taking Steroides (Edit: What I said before didn't make sense. I was just being nieve there.)

- His past finally caught up to him (I have a feeling this is the case. Or, at least I want to beleive it is.)

- Or he relapsed (I'm praying that he didn't)

Not to sound like an asshole, but now I almost wish it was the Chair Shot that did him in. At least there would be no doubts, and this part would've been done.

All you need to look at is HHH's forehead for proof that HGH isn't unheard of in the WWE. I believe Davey Boy Smith and Hawk are also unfortunate victims of this kind of death.

One difference is Davey Boy and Hawk were notorious for their other drug use while HHH is pretty much just a steroid user. HHH doesn't like to drink, even on occasions.

They need to hire road physicians to give these guys routine check-ups on a bi-weekly basis. If his heart was that bad then they obviously don't have them because his blood pressure would have been through the roof.

Yeah, I agree. Whether he was using something or not, you'd think if he had a bad heart it would've been caught ahead of time and dealt with. I can't understand why no one knew of this before now.

I'm sure the guys don't want to go to doctors, since 1) it could end their career, and 2) They could tell these guys are abusing substances to build muscle mass.

Part of it is turning a blind eye to the problem. You figure everyone is coping with some sort of injury, so why is such and such different. Then there is the pressure to perform through injury because of fear that you'll lose A) income. They are paid per house show and TV appearance and B) fear of losing their spot because they are out.

Basically, the whole WWE scene needs reform in one shape or another.

If the insurance agency they use threatens to increase the amount WWE has to pay unless they get road physicians that give them up to date reports then you'll see said physicians brought in. Insurance companies don't want to have to continue to pay large amounts because a company refuses to take care of its workers.

The Japan tour system is a model I'd like to see WWE adopt, or at least use as a base for what they do.

You do shows for 2 1/2-3 weeks and usually build to a big show to end the tour. Then the guys get a full week and a half to two weeks off to heal and be with their families. This also gives the booking team time to get stuff in order. Creatively it might even help them out since you could use the start and end of the tour as your points of where you want to go with storylines. Sort of like "by the end of the tour, we want such and such to *fill in blank*" And you could do that for everyone on the roster.

Another thing they may want to consider is more tag team and 6 man tag matches for main eventers. This helps because it's more taxing on the body working a 20 minute singles match than it is for a 20 minute tag or 6 man match. In Japan, the main eventers don't work singles unless it's a tour climax show that has been built up or they need an angle in the middle of a tour. Tag matches also help the green machines they have in that it sort of helps hide their shittiness and at the same time, gets them valuable experience IN THE RING with the vets who know how to work. It also helps in re-estabishing the lost art of tag team wrestling. You can also gauge how the crowd reacts to seeing different matchups they normally don't see on TV and seeing whether or not a future program between two people who have never been paired up will work or not.

You know, this isn't the 80s people. Guys aren't shooting up with horse steroids anymore while they sniff coke, drink vodka, and take painkillers.

It would be a horrible thing to broadcast, but cycling steroids is not going to make your heart explode and turn you into cripple when you get older like they used to. Science has evovled. Rampantly taking them will cause huge negative effects, but these guys KNOW what they are doing these days.

"He was using steroids" is no longer a realistic reason to assume death. Being drunk off his ass while taking painkillers on a daily basis for years is what caused this type of damage.

I think there is alot of steroid use in the WWE, but I highly doubt that there is much steroid abuse. There is a difference. Unless we are going to still live in the afterschool special world where you take one steroid and you are slapping your mother, running a 4.1 40, and having a heart attack.

The Japan tour system is a model I'd like to see WWE adopt, or at least use as a base for what they do.

*cut good stuff*

I've been saying this ever since I found out how Japanese wrestling operates.

Unless we are going to still live in the afterschool special world where you take one steroid and you are slapping your mother, running a 4.1 40, and having a heart attack.

Lushus sold me a white rock that I smoked that made me do all that stuff. Was it steroids?

Not to sound like an asshole, but now I almost wish it was the Chair Shot that did him in. At least there would be no doubts, and this part would've been done.

I almost wish it was that too for a different reason. That fact that he died pushing his body to the limit to entertain everyone, even when he wasn't feeling good and should have been either at home resting or in a hospital just makes it more sad.

Kennedy has to be most relieved person in the world though.

I don't know...I think the chair shot explaination would have been worse. First of all, Ken Kennedy would have been absolutely crushed. There would probably be a serious backlash against the business 'cause the chairshot, while totally unnecessary, is a move used very often in wrestling. You can imagine all the controversy it would have caused.

It's natural that his heart wasn't as good as before because of his addictions, drugs are going to do that kind of damage to your body. It's just like lung cancer for chain smokers. Even though a person have been totally sober for a long period of time like Eddie was, the damage taken in the past remains there.

Guest BrokenWings

Eddie made the choice to continue to push himself, for the fans. It'd have been much, much worse had it been revealed the chairshot was what did him in.

I can't believe people are suggesting otherwise.

*cut good stuff*

I've been saying this ever since I found out how Japanese wrestling operates.

Well at least TNA has a similiar structure to all of that. 2 weeks of TV work in one week followed by time off and a major event at the end of the month. Not to mention they do alot of 6-man tag matches and things like it.

Just working out doesn't make your heart enlarge. That's steroids.

And you're a fool if you think Eddie wasn't on the juice.