TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Raw Rating...

My step-father and I were talking about how much better the show seemed last night. Great wrestling and the Eddie Guerrero tributes scattered throughout, maybe one of the best RAWs ever.

Guest *KNK*

It should be noted that Raw was a hotter show in 1999 and that Owen's death was headline news.

Why are we comparing Eddy's show to Owen's? Are we that pathetic we must analyze every week's ratings, no matter what?

Man, Eddies death isn't going to discourage Vince from having his wrestlers abuse drugs and roids... it's going to encourage it...

Vince: You know, Chris, if you get a lil bigger there's another title run in your future...

Benoit: I dunno Vince, after Eddies death, I've sorta been reviewing my own habits and...

Vince: Oh... Ok ok... I see... I thought Chris Benoit loved this business and wanted to be the best, but... whatever... it's cool... I guess I'll just give the belt to Edge or someone willing to improve their look...

Benoit: Wait..

Vince: Yeesss?

Benoit: I'll uh, put more hours in the gym...

Vince: You do that.

Benoit: I'll do that right now.

Vince: Good. And Chris...

Benoit: Yes, Vince?

Vince: If you're ever feelin bad, worse than usual, don't be afraid to speak up and tell me. I really want to know. So, uh... we can ... um... help you get better, or something...

*Benoit leaves*

*Vince picks up phone*

Vince: Yeah, Steph, get to work on the Benoit montage and make sure to have a super big angle ready for the next few weeks.

What exactly happened on the May 10, 1999 RAW to give it a 8.1 rating?  Was that the episode with the whole Mankind/Rock "This is your life" segment?

There was no Nitro that week. It ran unopposed.

This is your life was the highest rated quarter hour segment ever. I believe it got arpund 8.5

Yeah the 8.1 was during the NBA playoffs with no Nitro, so that number is kind of inflated.

The Owen comparison is unavoidable...it's the only other Raw that's ever been anything like this week's show. Also, the Owen story was all over TV news because he died in the ring in a freak accident...it was a shocking moment.

Guest *KNK*
Yeah the 8.1 was during the NBA playoffs with no Nitro, so that number is kind of inflated.

The Owen comparison is unavoidable...it's the only other Raw that's ever been anything like this week's show.  Also, the Owen story was all over TV news because he died in the ring in a freak accident...it was a shocking moment.

That and because the media already had a witch hunt on McMahon anyways. Just added fuel.

Guest *KNK*

I wonder if a low-carder like, Scotty 2 Hotty died, would they give him a whole week of tribute?

I wouldn't expect it.

I saw it for the first time on Fox News's little scrolling bar at the bottom, and it was the only network's website that had a story on it until Monday morning. There were mentions on CNN as well during the morning show, and it got a spot on the "headlines of the day" refreshers they do. MSNBC gave 'em Rita Cosby on top of the above-type stuff. Is that really better? Woulda been intense if Anderson Cooper had done something big instead.

Man, Eddies death isn't going to discourage Vince from having his wrestlers abuse drugs and roids... it's going to encourage it...

Vince: You know, Chris, if you get a lil bigger there's another title run in your future...

Benoit: I dunno Vince, after Eddies death, I've sorta been reviewing my own habits and...

Vince: Oh... Ok ok... I see... I thought Chris Benoit loved this business and wanted to be the best, but... whatever... it's cool... I guess I'll just give the belt to Edge or someone willing to improve their look...

Vince: Good.  And Chris...

Vince: If you're ever feelin bad, worse than usual, don't be afraid to speak up and tell me.  I really want to know.  So, uh... we can ... um... help you get better, or something...

*Benoit leaves*

*Vince picks up phone*

Vince: Yeah, Steph, get to work on the Benoit montage and make sure to have a super big angle ready for the next few weeks.

That was awesome Rudo. The best part was the "I see.. I thought Chris Benoit loved this business and wanted to be the best" line. Vince saying his whole name makes it. You could picture him saying something like that.

Vince: Good.  And Chris...

Vince: If you're ever feelin bad, worse than usual, don't be afraid to speak up and tell me.  I really want to know.  So, uh... we can ... um... help you get better, or something...

*Benoit leaves*

*Vince picks up phone*

Here we go....Listen I know you're supposed to be the ultimate WWE and Mcmahon hater and people here like to swing from your nutsack, but why don't you pipe it down at least for a few days and save the "Evil Mcmahon wants everyone to die for ratings" crap for next week or something.

Guest *KNK*
This is RAW's highest rating since March 22, 2004, which also drew a 4.5. The main event of that March 22nd show saw WWE World Champion, Eddie Guerrero defeat Triple H by disqualification.

Let's not credit the main event for that rating.

Here we go....Listen I know you're supposed to be the ultimate WWE and Mcmahon hater and people here like to swing from your nutsack, but why don't you pipe it down at least for a few days and save the "Evil Mcmahon wants everyone to die for ratings" crap for next week or something.

I need an exact time and date. Since these sort of things apparently have a time limit and you know them. So when is the right time? 5 days? 7 days? 10 days? I mean, just because Vince McMahon is the greatest contributor to the steroid/image craze in pro wrestling history and has his guys on an insane schedule which essentially promotes drug use, doesn't mean he should be mocked, nor should the finger be pointed at him, at a time when someone dies because of such habits. My god, how downright insensitive of me to do such a thing. Times like these, Vince should be praised for how well he handled Eddies death on his television show and should reap the rewards of nice rating and now will continue to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prevent something like this from happening again. Gosh, I feel so bad now for disgracing the legacy of such a wonderful man in a time when someone dies. Excuse me while I light a fucking candle and keep silent on the issue.

Guest *KNK*

I need an exact time and date. Since these sort of things apparently have a time limit and you know them. So when is the right time? 5 days? 7 days? 10 days? I mean, just because Vince McMahon is the greatest contributor to the steroid/image craze in pro wrestling history and has his guys on an insane schedule which essentially promotes drug use, doesn't mean he should be mocked, nor should the finger be pointed at him, at a time when someone dies because of such habits. My god, how downright insensitive of me to do such a thing. Times like these, Vince should be praised for how well he handled Eddies death on his television show and should reap the rewards of nice rating and now will continue to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prevent something like this from happening again. Gosh, I feel so bad now for disgracing the legacy of such a wonderful man in a time when someone dies. Excuse me while I light a fucking candle and keep silent on the issue.

What are you implying Rudo? Vince is a bad man? That's not true. It can't be. He has given money to charity and like paid for rehab for his drug addicted employees...He *MUST* be a good guy, find it in your HEART!!!

Guest *KNK*
It would be in Vinces best interests to have an employee die once a week, it seems.  High ratings, and -evidently- makes him free from criticism.

I wonder if Trips would like to volunteer to be responsible for another big ratings increase? He's getting there anyways.

Well, despite all the sadness, Triple H did manage to book himself in the main event of Smackdown with Eddie's closest wrestling friend, Chris Benoit.

I pretty much had the same comments as Rudo, but didn't want to be say them in fear of getting blamed for a flame war. I thought this whole thing was a work until Monday. I mean, the timing was really bad. No one was going to enjoy the TNA PPV, Orton was right in position for another failed title run, and if there was a "tribute show," it was a going to be a ratings spike, which WWE needed. I mean WWE has made it a habit to lie to its fans about ANYTHING, so when they posted the news first, I was sadly suspicious.