TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Smackdown Title situation updated

It's impossible not to have Eddie's ghost hanging over the proceedings though. They aren't going to make fans forget Eddie so why not play into it a bit? Here's what I'd do:

--Since Batista is hurt I'd have Orton get the title from him. He can defend vs. UT or whatever in the meantime.

--Around the time of No Way Out I'd have Benoit win a contender tourney. In this tourney I'd have Batista and UT get into it and set up a big time match at WM with UT's win streak on the line.

--Benoit can win the title from Orton, dedicating the win to Eddie and FINALLY getting a win over the punk. UT/Batista could go either way depending on if UT is feeling it.

Guest *KNK*

I'd perfer Orton/Batista which already has a back story as it is and the story that would come from Orton taking the title from Batista and putting him on the shelf and then have Chris Benoit/Undertaker.

Undertaker's eventual WM job (if he EVER does a WM job) needs to be to a guy that's sticking around long term, a guy the company is banking on heavily to be the next big time star...guys like Benoit and Batista don't need the kind of a rub a UT/WM job would give...

Well yeah I'd do a Batista/Orton rematch somewhere down the road but it'd be a non title situation. The only real backstory Orton/Batista has is that Batista stole the spotlight from Orton when they wanted to push Orton, and then kicked his ass the night after WM. Do they really want to remind fans of what a gimp Orton is?

Guest New Jake
The man is 2nd worst heel on smackdown next to JBL.

JBL is by no means a bad heel. He was a bad draw undeserving of a near year long title run, but a bad heel? Far from it.

Batista... Fuck him even appearing at Mania.

Despite being one of the most over men in the company. Smart.

I can't fathom how bad the Old Jake must have been.

JBL is a bad heel. Despite whatever enthusiasm you, for some reason, feel for him. He is an aweful heel.

And Batista over? Laughable. Semi-reactional fan responces prove otherwise. The man can't even draw worth a fuck let alone wrestle. Batista should not be champion and he should not be main eventing at all. Period.

Guest Zarock

I don't mind RKO being the champ so long as he ditches his dad ASAP. I think he could be a good legitimate heel champ without him. Considering how they're hyping the Undertaker's return, though, he'll probably lose the street fight and go on to job a Buried Alive match at Armageddon.

Orton getting another undeserving title reign is one of the many reasons why SD is considered the B-Team show.

Logic Check: How can something be a reason SD is considered the B-show when it hasn't actually happened yet?

The man is 2nd worst heel on smackdown next to JBL.

JBL is by no means a bad heel. He was a bad draw undeserving of a near year long title run, but a bad heel? Far from it.

Batista... Fuck him even appearing at Mania.

Despite being one of the most over men in the company. Smart.

I can't fathom how bad the Old Jake must have been.

JBL is a bad heel. Despite whatever enthusiasm you, for some reason, feel for him. He is an aweful heel.

And Batista over? Laughable. Semi-reactional fan responces prove otherwise. The man can't even draw worth a fuck let alone wrestle. Batista should not be champion and he should not be main eventing at all. Period.

Funny, the logical definition of being a bad heel would indicate that no matter what said heel does, he can't get heat. JBL does, and a good amount of it, so he is not.

Yes, Batista is over. I'm not saying he's Austin or Hogan over, but he is over. Only someone blind, deaf, or dumb would deny that he isn't.

Who said anything about wrestling ability and drawing prowess? When, in fact, no one is drawing recently, so it's a relatively moot point, and it doesn't help that SD is second rate and a joke in WWE's eyes and is treated as such, having its roster picked apart and sent to Raw in the process, but don't let that stop you.

As for his in-ring ability, his flaws can be covered up well enough and his ring presence is the best thing about him. It wasn't beyond WWE in the past to pick a moderately talented if not average or even bad wrestler, usually big, book around his flaws and make him champion, so why have you stuck around all this time? It's the classic WWE formula, you should expect as much, so why are you bitching? As much as I want it to be, WWE isn't a place for wrestlers at the top of the mountain, they want showmen and carny acts regardless of skill level.

Regardless of all the above, you said Batista shouldn't be at WM at all, which was completely ridiculous in itself and that's where I came in. Way to backtrack away from that.

Ken Kennedy or Bobby Lashley will be the ones that break UT's WM streak, depending on how over they get between now and then and if UT is "feeling it"...

Rey/Orton for the title at WM....yeah right....I'm sure Batista will be back in there somewhere...

What exactly makes you think Kennedy or Lashley will be the ones to defeat the Undertaker? You can't say they deserve to end the streak more than Kane at 14, Triple H at X-7, or Randy Orton at 21. And I don't see Mr. Kennedy getting more over with time, his momentum is likely to run out by the end of this year.

Hey, I don't hold the crystal ball that peers into Vince's brain, all I'm saying is, the streak-breaker needs to be someone young and on the verge of being over and those two names were the first to pop into mind...we don't know how much longer UT is going to be around, but let's assume, for now, it's just one more year. Those two are the most viable and believable options at this point...they're both right on that verge of overness and that would certainly get them over the hump...I'm just giving opinion, relax amigo...

HHH did NOT need the rub at WM X-7, he got all the rub he ever needed from Mick Foley in early 2000 and through various bouts with Rock and Austin...

I did, at the time, feel that Orton should have broke the streak IF he truely is the future of the company...the WWE felt otherwise...

Guest JMA

JBL may have been a bad WWE Champion, but he's always been a great heel. Plus, his gimmick was actually thought up by the IWC (including myself) many months before the character debuted. I even remember saying that they should change Bradshaw's hometown from Texas to New York to make the gimmick even more effective. In any case, JBL is a hell of a lot better than Bradshaw's previous gimmick--unover U.S. patriot that likes beer and fighting.

The problem was that they gave him the WWE Championship instead of the U.S. Championship.

Guest Leelee
I don't mind RKO being the champ so long as he ditches his dad ASAP.  I think he could be a good legitimate heel champ without him.  Considering how they're hyping the Undertaker's return, though, he'll probably lose the street fight and go on to job a Buried Alive match at Armageddon.

This is true.

The kids here hate to admit that they enjoyed watching Orton earlier last year when he was just the cocky legend killer heel.

Randall is a great heel, and he's leading WWE to the future.

He's the whole package, yet even more. His look oozes superstar. WWE can easily make him a mainstream star, because women will just flock to him.

I don't mind RKO being the champ so long as he ditches his dad ASAP.  I think he could be a good legitimate heel champ without him.  Considering how they're hyping the Undertaker's return, though, he'll probably lose the street fight and go on to job a Buried Alive match at Armageddon.

This is true.

The kids here hate to admit that they enjoyed watching Orton earlier last year when he was just the cocky legend killer heel.

Randall is a great heel, and he's leading WWE to the future.

He's the whole package, yet even more. His look oozes superstar. WWE can easily make him a mainstream star, because women will just flock to him.

So what do you to please the other 80-90% of the audience?

Who has said that Undertaker will ever lose at WrestleMania?  He very well may finish his career as the only man to never be beaten at WrestleMania.

Joe, I did mention in my initial post that we don't even know if they'll break it or if he'll retire undefeated...we're just talking IFs at this point, bro...in fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they went with the latter...

Guest Leelee
So what do you to please the other 80-90% of the audience?

WWE is aware that most of you kids are closet homosexuals.

And it makes all the straight ones jealous.

Orton getting another undeserving title reign is one of the many reasons why SD is considered the B-Team show.

Logic Check: How can something be a reason SD is considered the B-show when it hasn't actually happened yet?

You must be from another planet if you don't think he is getting another World title reign.

Guest NateW

Ofcourse, there's no way Benoit would be given a title push or a spot on the Survivor Series team. It's very obvioud that he's leaving in the next week or two for TNA. Ofcourse, this wouldn't be the week for any contract negotiations to be going on. With that said, as of before Eddie Guerrero's passing Benoit still hadn't agreed to anything. The fact that he still hasn't signed after all this time when there's only a week left on his deal indicates to me that he's heading out of WWE.