TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tony manero

MY match listing for the forthcoming STING DVD

I hope its full of nWo Wolfpack Sting, including his match against Scott Steiner that never had an official ending because Sting got attacked by dogs.

Oh, and I hope they throw the Inferno Match against Vampiro onto the set.

Crow Sting vs Undertaker at a Wrestlemania is something I would like to see. It wouldn't be ***** but I still want to see it, damn it!

Besides, I'm sure Sting will sell out at some point like everyone else (if the price is right), so he might as well do it ASAP so he doesn't look to bad when wrestling his "money" matches.

Guest OSIcon

The list in the initial post in this thread is pretty good.

I like the GAB '92 Vader match better than the King of Cable finals. However, since Sting lost in the GAB match, I could see that one not being included in favor of the Starrcade match. That is, if they decided to include two Sting/Vader matches (the strap match is a given). Though who knows....if they wanted to say that Sting "made" wrestlers, then the Great American Bash match is Sting's only real example of that. He put over Vader as strong as someone could be put over in that match.

I imagine that they would have the Starrcade '97 match against Hogan on there. Despite how poorly that match turned out in all aspects, it was very important to Sting's career. It was the biggest money match he was ever in, it drew really well, and sadly ended up starting the downside of his career.

Sting is one of those guys who really deserves to have a DVD to honor his legacy. To me he pretty much represents WCW even more so than Flair, and though he's never been in WWE I don't think anybody has forgotten him and it would be a hit st. I'd definetly get this immediately.

Most of the matches should be before his Crow days, but definetly needs to have alot of focus on the Crow days.

BTW, didn't Sting have a really good match with BookerT on Nitro, or am I imagining things ?

Yeah, it was on 7/31/2000 for the title, I believe.

I wouldn't want to see him wrestle again...he went out defeating his greatest rival on the final show for the company he remained loyal to forever...can't get much better than that...

He wrestled in TNA though. His final match was a tag match with Jarrett and Luger involved, if I recall correctly.

If they make this, the match I wanna see on it for some reason is the Nitro 95 match between Hogan and Sting.

Hogan pre-nWo in all black (Darkside of Hulkamania)

vs.

Sting in red and yellow.

Guest tony manero

I vaguely remember an older sting/luger/flair 3-way that was really good (I haven't found it online to dload and watch)

I think the match you are talking about was from starcade 96.

I just saw Starrcade 95 last week, and that triangle match is incredibly overrated. I'd call it about ** 1/2. It was very boring, and heatless most of the way, until Flair cheated to win the title.

The only good match from that show was Eddie vs. Ohtani, which was very good for its time.

Guest jm29195

19. Sting/Flair from Nitro Spring 1999

That the one were they beat RAW in the quarter hour for the duration of this match and that was like the first time in forever they had beaten RAW at any point on a Nitro?

Ends with a Scorpion Death Drop and Sting pointing at Charles Robinson scaring him in to making the count which he hadn't done up until that point because he was Flair's whipping boy?

If so I agree, still kick myself for taping over this match accidentally with a shitty Smackdown.

yes that's the one, Sting had a couple of good matches around this time- also vs DDP ,that was mentioned earlier...

Bret and DDP never did have any really good matches but their backstage brawl before Halloween Havoc was the best work they did, definetly better than the PPV match at any rate....

I vaguely remember an older sting/luger/flair 3-way that was really good (I haven't found it online to dload and watch)

I just saw Starrcade 95 last week, and that triangle match is incredibly overrated. I'd call it about ** 1/2. It was very boring, and heatless most of the way, until Flair cheated to win the title.

The only good match from that show was Eddie vs. Ohtani, which was very good for its time.

That sir is blasphemy. Even if you don't like the 3 way (I did), Eddie-Ohtani is far from being the only good match on that show. Man if you didn't like Starrcade 95, I'd hate to see how a show you WOULD like would go....

Guest tony manero

That sir is blasphemy. Even if you don't like the 3 way (I did), Eddie-Ohtani is far from being the only good match on that show. Man if you didn't like Starrcade 95, I'd hate to see how a show you WOULD like would go....

The 3-way and subsequent match are tailor made for another Flair DVD, anyway.

The Benoit-Liger match, I thought, was underwhelming for those two guys; the Wright-Kanemoto match was pretty good but it had zero heat.

The Flair-Savage finale was bad because Savage could barely move his arm.

Crow Sting vs Undertaker at a Wrestlemania is something I would like to see. It wouldn't be ***** but I still want to see it, damn it!

As a Sting fan, that's about the last thing I would want to see, seeing as I'm also not too fond of Taker, and I'd rather not see one of my all-time favorite wrestlers from my boyhood become just another job boy to Taker at Mania.

BTW, has anyone mentioned the Sting / Flair vs. Funk / Muta "electried cage" match from 1989? I forget what show that was on, but that was the year, during the middle of the Flair / Funk and Sting / Muta feuds. I'd love to see that on DVD.

You know, I swear, Vince would make a ton of money just putting out old WCW PPVs on DVD. Yes, there were some really bad ones, but some of them, especially from 1989 and the early 90s were great, and a lot of the stuff from the early NWO period would probably sell exceptionally well.

Guest tony manero

As a Sting fan, that's about the last thing I would want to see, seeing as I'm also not too fond of Taker, and I'd rather not see one of my all-time favorite wrestlers from my boyhood become just another job boy to Taker at Mania.

BTW, has anyone mentioned the Sting / Flair vs. Funk / Muta "electried cage" match from 1989? I forget what show that was on, but that was the year, during the middle of the Flair / Funk and Sting / Muta feuds. I'd love to see that on DVD.

You know, I swear, Vince would make a ton of money just putting out old WCW PPVs on DVD. Yes, there were some really bad ones, but some of them, especially from 1989 and the early 90s were great, and a lot of the stuff from the early NWO period would probably sell exceptionally well.

Honestly, if that match ever happened, I think the crowd would be in Sting's favor.

BTW, has anyone mentioned the Sting / Flair vs. Funk / Muta "electried cage" match from 1989?  I forget what show that was on, but that was the year, during the middle of the Flair / Funk and Sting / Muta feuds.  I'd love to see that on DVD.

You know, I swear, Vince would make a ton of money just putting out old WCW PPVs on DVD.  Yes, there were some really bad ones, but some of them, especially from 1989 and the early 90s were great, and a lot of the stuff from the early NWO period would probably sell exceptionally well.

It was Halloween Havoc 89, I think the cage was called thunderdome

Honestly, if that match ever happened, I think the crowd would be in Sting's favor.

But you know damn well who would win the damn match anyway.

04twwe_undertaker11.jpg

His website says he's hosting TBN on December 1st. His last official matches were as follows:

HCW-The Great Muta/Sting vs DDP/Satoshi Kojima

and some mid south mid central, one or the other groups toured Korea where Sting defeated Billy Gunn in the main event, which was cut short due to poor attendance.....why that is I don't know? I think they expected several thousand and ended up drawing like 1500.