TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Armageddon main event revealed!

Meh...I like it.

Orton > Lesnar.

It may just be my blind markism for Orton, but whatever, I like the guy. And at this point is not many other choices they could go with. With no Batista, and no Eddie in the main event scene what else are they gonna do...?

Would you rather see...Bobby Lashley vs JBL for the World Title?

The only other SD stars that are viable for title contention IMO would be, Rey Mysterio. And one might make the arguement for Ken Kennedy. (He's...sort of main event). And even if one of these two were in the main event scene...it'd probaly be against Orton or Taker.

No matter how much people hate them, they're pretty much the top two guys on SD.

Undertaker vs. Orton Pt. I, II, III were quite good. IV, not so good. However, I have high expectations for the next one. It has to be better than HHH vs. Batista.

I must say, I did enjoy the feud, as silly as it was at times. Hopefully this is the blowoff.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR NEXT MONTH'S ARMAGEDDON PPV

by Mike Johnson @ 10:20:00 PM on 11/22/2005

Jay Gunn sent the following spoiler note on next month's WWE Armageddon PPV:

"I just saw an ad on Comcast Cable here in south Mississippi for next month's WWE Armageddon pay-per-view, and as is customary for WWE, the ad gave away the main event, Undertaker vs. Randy Orton in Hell In A Cell."

Orton vs. Undertaker was originally slated for the Survivor Series PPV before the passing of Eddie Guerrero led to Orton being added onto the Smackdown Survivor Series team.

Really surprised they just dont do the Buried Alive match gimmick for the ppv instead of HIAC, since it was just done in June essentially and it appears by all indications that the proposed Buried Alive Orton-Taker match at Survivor Series is off.

Meh...I like it.

Orton > Lesnar.

It may just be my blind markism for Orton, but whatever, I like the guy. And at this point is not many other choices they could go with. With no Batista, and no Eddie in the main event scene what else are they gonna do...?

Would you rather see...Bobby Lashley vs JBL for the World Title? 

Yes it is just your blind markism because Orton sucks. And while JBL/Lashley would likely be the second worst match you could headline Armageddon with, it just so happens that Orton/Taker HIAC is the worst because no one really wants to see that either and they're doing it anyway.

Because that post was just filled with non-Orton hate.

A lot more people are going to buy Orton/Taker than JBL/Lashley as a main event, and it's downright stupid to suggest otherwise.

Just be glad it isn't an Inferno Match.

That would be better. Just imagine the high pitched screams from Orton fans when his arm gets set on fire.

It would be funny to see Cole and Tazz not question just why in the hell Orton would be wrestling in a full body suit for that one match.

Hmmm...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Because that post was just filled with non-Orton hate.

A lot more people are going to buy Orton/Taker than JBL/Lashley as a main event, and it's downright stupid to suggest otherwise.

You misunderstood my argument. No one wants to SEE Orton/Taker in HIAC, and since that's what they're going with it's the worst match they could possibly promote. Barring them putting Orton over Batista sometime between next week and the PPV (which begs the question why they didn't do it today if that's the plan), they won't have their top title defended on a single brand PPV in the Main Event, and will end up giving you a match that they've shown on TV at least 3-5 times already this year. Lashley/JBL would suck copious amounts of cock as well, but at least it would be new, and Lashley might injure JBL by mistake since he's so green.

Lashley's only been on the main roster for a month. If you put him in the main event now, people will shit all over it, no matter who he's in there with. I'd go so far as to say it would bring in worse buyrates than JBL's early ones.

There are tons of marks for Taker and/or Orton out there, that I'm sure would order the PPV based on that match. They could do a lot worse than this, trust me.

Guest tony manero

HHH vs. Batista from Vengeance was a fucking awesome match. I'd put it at around **** or maybe more. Batista even took a legit barbwire chair to the back in one of the most memorable spots I can remember.

Aside from the novelty of an overexposed gimmick match, what's the point of Orton/Taker headlining a PPV in HIAC? This is just a throwaway show scrambling for a few buys by promising Orton's comeuppance when Orton likely won't bleed enough to sell the beating he should end up taking, and will probably end up cheating to win what should be the blowoff to the lamest longterm feud in ages. 200,000 buys should be considered a monumental success since SD has no undercard to speak of to appeal to anyone besides Orton & Taker marks with $35 to spend about a month before one of the few good PPVs on the WWE calendar.

Why don't they do something with Edge on that show if he is healthy by then? Bischoff can simply say that he sent Edge to SD for a reason, and Teddy Long can say that him and Bischoff agreed that Edge could wrestle a few matches OR BE FIRED. If Batista is still injured, which is likely, then Edge can go after some of the other guys. He has history with Benoit, Rey Mysterio, and Hardy (though I don't want to deal with that again). Or if they want to really try to test out the waters, have JBL play face a bit in a match with Edge. I bet he'd get cheered.

They could concievably do:

Orton vs. Taker - HIAC for World Title

JBL vs. Edge - Number 1 Contenders Match (Edge can demand it)

Booker vs. Benoit - US Title

Ken Kennedy vs. Rey Mysterio - US Contendership

MNM vs. The Mexicools - Tag Titles

Juvi vs. London - CW Title

and for an opener...

Lashley vs. Matt Hardy

I don't understand all this Orton hate.

If Orton and Taker had great matches before (besides the Casket Match (with Bob Orton in it, as well) or the Buried Alive Match (that match has never been good)), then why won't the HIAC be good? Everytime Taker is in this match (besides Bossman), it has been very good.

So basically, two people who have good matches together get put in a stip match where one 9 times out of 10 has a great match in. How can that be bad?

Guest New Jake

FUCKING SAD!!!

HHH/Batista was a travesty HIAC. Orton/Taker will be a complete abortion. Becides Orton not being able to main event worth a fuck, I shudder to think how limmited his bumps will be and how many crappy cheap shots he has to pull of for the win. This match will only serve to make Orton even more overrated and out of place on the roster like he has been for a while now. Randy Orton is totally not worth an HIAC push.

The only way I can fathom that this match will be entertaining is if Undertaker just downright squashes Orton. Beating him and sending him to the injury bench where he won't return till Wrestlemania automatically killing the idea that this loser should main event WM.