TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

NFL Week Twelve

Guest Smues
Heartbroken.

I just cannot believe this.

This might be worse than the 04 ALCS.

Oh come on. This was a regular season game that they lose and are still in the playoff and division title hunt. Missing 3 field goals is not worse then blowing a 3-0 playoff series lead.

Guest Vitamin X

Let's watch the Giants totally tank the season after this.

Honestly, I'm amazed how badly they fucked this up. Great job by Seattle as well, and the crowd noise had it really in there. Must have been a hell of a game to see live.

I basically saw game 7 coming with Brown.

I didn't expect our godsend kicker to miss THREE FUCKING FIELD GOALS in overtime.

kill me.

I've never been this fuckin pissed about sports in all my life. I wasn't this pissed when they gave up that lead to SF a few years ago, or when the Mets lost the World Series against the Yanks in 2000, or when Miami got fucked out of a national championship against ohio State

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly
These are the games Seattle has been unable to win.

I don't mean any harm and I know a win's a win, but the Giants lost this game. When your kicker MISSES 3 FUCKING GAME WINNING FIELD GOALS, you have to admit the Seahawks were a little bit lucky.

Honestly, I'm amazed how badly they fucked this up. Great job by Seattle as well, and the crowd noise had it really in there. Must have been a hell of a game to see live.

THEY didn't fuck it up. One man fucked that game up. The prick had 3 chances to win and the last one was disgusting. You don't get enough leg on a damn 42 yard attempt??!!!!

These are the games Seattle has been unable to win.

I don't mean any harm and I know a win's a win, but the Giants lost this game. When your kicker MISSES 3 FUCKING GAME WINNING FIELD GOALS, you have to admit the Seahawks were a little bit lucky.

Yeah, but none of them were exactly chip shots. Their defense was good enough to keep the Giants out of the red zone late, and they were rewarded.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, but those field goals weren't exactly chipshots, either. He was playing in an outdoor stadium which was EXTREMELY loud, and all of those misses were from 40 yards or more.

I basically saw game 7 coming with Brown.

I didn't expect our godsend kicker to miss THREE FUCKING FIELD GOALS in overtime.

kill me.

Well, he missed two (*ducks tomatoes*), and you're right...he is a godsend for the team.

No one should've expected him to hit the last two - the first one for the distance (kicking across his body, over the max distance he had in warm-ups), the second one for the mentality he must've had after the first two.

Yeah, but those field goals weren't exactly chipshots, either. He was playing in an outdoor stadium which was EXTREMELY loud, and all of those misses were from 40 yards or more.

Listen, a PRO kicker has to make at LEAST one of those damn kicks. This isn't high school or college. He's a professional. The 54 yarder is understandable. But, all 3 is unacceptable

Mentally?

FUCK THAT. Hes a professional, he should be able to kick a god damned FG. The last two were low 40 something FGs, if they went wide left or right, I wouldn't be as angry. BUT THEY WERE FUCKING SHORT.

Mentally?

FUCK THAT. Hes a professional, he should be able to kick a god damned FG. The last two were low 40 something FGs, if they went wide left or right, I wouldn't be as angry. BUT THEY WERE FUCKING SHORT.

Exactly, this guy isn't a fuckin kid. He's been a pro for several years. I don't want to hear people talking about how he shouldnt be expected to hit the last one because of his mental state. What a stupid ass argument

That's like saying its ok for Derek Jeter to ground into a game ending double play withthe bases loaded, because he was 0-3 in the game before that at bat.

Guest Vitamin X

THEY didn't fuck it up. One man fucked that game up. The prick had 3 chances to win and the last one was disgusting. You don't get enough leg on a damn 42 yard attempt??!!!!

Are you fucking serious? The team didn't fuck it up? I guess you forgot about the 16 penalties for 114 yards. Sure Jay Feely choked big time, and he'll probably be crucified upon return to New York, but how about not being able to move the ball within the last two minutes of regulation? The playcalling was a bit strange as well, it's odd that they didn't try to get in better field goal range by running the ball with Tiki a bit more after he busted out the 41-yarder. Instead they went for the endzone with Eli, which was stupid.

Yeah, but those field goals weren't exactly chipshots, either.

Well put. :D

Oh yeah definitely. :)

Wow, switching back and forth between NY/Seahawks and Philly/GB was really fun. We had 10 people in the room...5 diehard Eagles, 5 diehard Giants.

Eagles aren't dead yet, the schedule of the teams they can pass is bad. If Philly can beat NY and Seattle both at HOME they're in, as they play garbage the rest of the way. But with the anemic passing game they will be dead unless they come up with some defensive goodness against the Seahawks.

Fun day.

Are you fucking serious? The team didn't fuck it up? I guess you forgot about the 16 penalties for 114 yards. Sure Jay Feely choked big time, and he'll probably be crucified upon return to New York, but how about not being able to move the ball within the last two minutes of regulation? The playcalling was a bit strange as well, it's odd that they didn't try to get in better field goal range by running the ball with Tiki a bit more after he busted out the 41-yarder. Instead they went for the endzone with Eli, which was stupid.

Did you watch the game buddy, they were in a position 3 TIMES to win that game and 2 weren't that far. You telling me it shouldn't be put on him for missing not one.,.....not two.....but three damn game winning fg's?

Did they have a lot of penalties? yes....but they were in a position to win 3 times in the final play. He couldn't nail any of them

4/5 of the penatlies were on the O line for false starts and holding. Tiki ran once more after the 41 yard run, then came out because he was tired. They ran with Ward, and he lost 4 yards, and they tried to pick up a couple yards on a pass. The team was fucking amazing today, and it was totally a one man choke job. Now were gonna have to deal with his shitty emotional state for the rest of the year.

Guest Vitamin X
Did you watch the game buddy,  they were in a position 3 TIMES to win that game and 2 weren't that far.  You telling me it shouldn't be put on him for missing not one.,.....not two.....but three damn game winning fg's? 

Did they have a lot of penalties? yes....but they were in a position to win 3 times in the final play.  He couldn't nail any of them

Yo listen up Guido, I'm not puttin' nothin' on nobody, aight?

Here's another little stat for you. The Giants outgained the Seahawks 490 yards to Seattle's 355. They had the same number of possessions that the Seahawks did in regulation, yet with all that offense they came up short in their opponent's territory due mostly to penalties, but they weren't able to overcome those mistakes either, so the blame falls on the whole team for putting Feely in that position to choke in the first place as well.

Did you watch the game buddy,  they were in a position 3 TIMES to win that game and 2 weren't that far.  You telling me it shouldn't be put on him for missing not one.,.....not two.....but three damn game winning fg's? 

Did they have a lot of penalties? yes....but they were in a position to win 3 times in the final play.  He couldn't nail any of them

Yo listen up Guido, I'm not puttin' nothin' on nobody, aight?

Here's another little stat for you. The Giants outgained the Seahawks 490 yards to Seattle's 355. They had the same number of possessions that the Seahawks did in regulation, yet with all that offense they came up short in their opponent's territory due mostly to penalties, but they weren't able to overcome those mistakes either, so the blame falls on the whole team for putting Feely in that position to choke in the first place as well.

Guido? Oh boy, that's a good one. You're even cornier than i previously thought you were.

You don't have to put it on him, but i am. We agree to disagree.

If the team was so amazing they would have won the game without their kicker. Instead, they lost it with him. I'm not saying I wouldn't have let him try to continue kicking them after missing, but the Giants lost because they could not score a touchdown in OT, and could not stop the Seahawks for long enough. Althought Feely fucked up nicely, I don't blame the loss on him.

If the team was so amazing they would have won the game without their kicker. Instead, they lost it with him. I'm not saying I wouldn't have let him try to continue kicking them after missing, but the Giants lost because they could not score a touchdown in OT, and could not stop the Seahawks for long enough. Althought Feely fucked up nicely, I don't blame the loss on him.

They stopped them for almost 5 quarters. They can't do it forever. Don't even think about putting this on the D

Guest Vitamin X

That's exactly my point, but New York fans HAVE to find a scapegoat because they can't accept the fact that their TEAM choked. Sounds familiar.