TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Mario Kart DS

Absolutely. If you didn't know, they also have a bundle with the game and a red DS. So if you like red, there you go.

Getting mine in less than a week, along with Castlevania. Anybody here use the DS screen protectors or would I be better off using the ones that are used for PDA's and just cut it down to size?

Renegade: The Hori screen protectors I'm using now on my DS work just fine. There's some air pockets along the sides, but honestly I don't notice them at all while playing. I guess you could trim a PDA screen protector, but unless you're really good at trimming, they probably won't fit as well as ones specifically fitted for a DS.

Sideburnious: If you're getting a DS along with Mario, I agree that you should go the bundle route unless you really, really despise the thought of owning a red DS. Buying a used DS might save you a few bucks, so keep that option in mind, especially if you happen to have a SP lying about for trade.

I always used Mario. Never really excelled in any area, but didn't suck in any area, either. My brother always played as the big guys, but I couldn't stand hitting something then trying to speed back up.

I always used Mario. Never really excelled in any area, but didn't suck in any area, either. My brother always played as the big guys, but I couldn't stand hitting something then trying to speed back up.

I always used Koopa Troopa, andin Double Dash, it'd be Koopa and Baby Bowser. In DS, I use Yoshi or Luigi.

Edited by Matt Young

I just decided to put this in here as its slightly relevent and im tired. Just wondering with the Wifi connection on the DS, can you access web browsers? I don't really care if you can or not, but a friend said you could, the same way you can with a PSP. Any truth to this?

Anyone found some sort of emblem template? Or emblem site? I always sucked at the one on Animal Crossing. :(

EDIT: Found one. This site, while a bit glitchy with complicated stuff, is still really good. You have to ignore how it insists on changing blacks and whites to pink, green, etc.

EDIT 2, Electric Boogaloo: I've added Ced, Thoth, claydude and Downhome. So, basically, everyone who posted their friend code so far.

Just got this today. Loving it so far. I should be online within a couple days.

Has anyone else bothered to make a decal thus far? This is the one I've made...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/dev...konohadecal.jpg

The shape of the one I made was a little off (but it looks alright regardless) and it's completely black. Fairly simple for now, because I don't need to make a flashy one until other people can see it. Here are some others I had in mind...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/dev...redeyedecal.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/dev...ontogodecal.jpg

So, who would be interested in some sort of TSM Mario Kart league? Between Thoth, Ced, claydude, Smues, myself, Downhome, Magnifico, and one other person (maybe Hoff or Matt Young), we could have quite the league. I was thinking something along the lines of SMARKCAR~! for the name, but don't name your competitions before they start. Or however that cliche goes.

I don't even want to get into the odyssey of me trying to get online. I can't find that @#$% USB thing Nintendo put out to save my life, and every time I *think* I can afford a wireless router, BAM, T-Mobile finds another thing to charge me for.

FWIW, I hate T-Mobile.

Anyway, I *should* be online a few times in the next month, but I wouldn't count on me for any kind of league. I'd love to do it, mind you. Should the situation change, I'll let you know.

Guest Smues
I don't even want to get into the odyssey of me trying to get online. I can't find that @#$% USB thing Nintendo put out to save my life, and every time I *think* I can afford a wireless router, BAM, T-Mobile finds another thing to charge me for.

FWIW, I hate T-Mobile.

Anyway, I *should* be online a few times in the next month, but I wouldn't count on me for any kind of league. I'd love to do it, mind you. Should the situation change, I'll let you know.

I saw the @#$% USB thing for sale at my local Best Buy. You might try looking at a Best Buy if you've got one near by.

Edited by Smues

Guest Smues
So, who would be interested in some sort of TSM Mario Kart league? Between Thoth, Ced, claydude, Smues, myself, Downhome, Magnifico, and one other person (maybe Hoff or Matt Young), we could have quite the league. I was thinking something along the lines of SMARKCAR~! for the name, but don't name your competitions before they start. Or however that cliche goes.

Other than the fact that I'd surely finish last, count me in.

You'd have to actually try to be last if I was racing. :)

Most of the guys online try to use the snaking method, and I just can't stand doing it myself.

Guest Smues
You'd have to actually try to be last if I was racing. :)

Most of the guys online try to use the snaking method, and I just can't stand doing it myself.

What's snaking?

I despise snaking. I try it, if I'm really far behind, but I'm so bad at it that it doesn't have much effect. It's a legitimate tactic, and good for the people who can do it, but I don't like it.

It's a piece of shit tactic, and I'm not even convinced that the programers meant for it to be used. To me, it's more along the lines of taking advantage of a legit move that is in the game, only using it to make the game less fun against other people.

I'd compare it to people playing Smackdown online, and using those unblockable moves over and over again, and using just about only those moves.