TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Vince saying "Nigga"

sock_puppet.jpg

- You two are a bunch of faggots.  How does Vinces cock taste?  I imagine he has it so far up your faggot asses that you can taste it.  God, it's like he's pushin so hard that shit is coming out of your faggot mouth.

"But but but but CSI does it"  Do you WORK for the WWE cause that's their standard dumbfuck response.  When the fuck does CSI do it?  And even if they did, how does that make it right?  Do you even THINK these retarded arguments through?  Is it too much to ask that you actually process your arguments in your mind first before infecting us with your stupidity?  You guys really should have been aborted, cause you're just dragging us all down with your inability to produce rational thought.

-- Hansel.

Translation: Boo hoo hoo I'm a little bitch that gets offended at every "edgy" thing the WWE does, because as a wrestling fan it's my job to hold Vince McMahon to a way higher standard than anyone else. Maybe I should work for the FCC or something...

Fact: No matter how inoffensive it is to YOU, personally, if it's offensive to the original poster, it's clearly offensive in general as he wouldn't be the only person offended by this. Solution: Accept this and stop apologizing for the WWE with lame excuses. End of story.

Edit: The YOU=every poster in this thread shrugging it off and saying "Its not a big deal! It's SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT!"

Fact: No matter how inoffensive it is to YOU, personally, if it's offensive to the original poster, it's clearly offensive in general as he wouldn't be the only person offended by this. Solution: Accept this and stop apologizing for the WWE with lame excuses. End of story.

I wonder if people like that understand that there is something called the real world out there, and, like it or not, wrestling is part of it.

And when did 'edgy' become the new defense for something stupid and lame?

I was just waiting for someone to start a thread over this.

Thank you for fulfilling my prophecy, EvanderHolyfieldsMissingEar.

Now with that being said, please get the stick out of your ass. He clearly wasn't using it to be racist. He was just trying to be funny and make fun of the slang use of the word "nigga". If anything, he just used it as a segway for Booker's old catchphrase.

And why are people acting as if Vince McMahon is the first person ever to do this, as benevolently as he did? Another great case of wrestling mysteriously being held to a higher standard than other forms of entertainment.

I even showed the segment to some of my black friends, and they thought it was hilarious to see this old, rich, white guy refer to a white-guy-who-acts-black as a "nigga". None of them wanted to slit Vince's throat when they saw it.

I think a lot of this sentiment just has to do with people generally disliking Vince and looking for absolutely any reason to throw shit at him.

Learn to laugh sometimes, my nigga.

I expected nothing less from Rudo, whose entire gimmick is going against what everyone thinks on the boards just for the sake of going against them. How have you escaped bannination this entire time? That is the question I ask God every night before I go to sleep.

Fact: No matter how inoffensive it is to YOU, personally, if it's offensive to the original poster, it's clearly offensive in general as he wouldn't be the only person offended by this.

That's not a fact. That's a circular argument.

I am shocked and appalled that you would hold me accountable for the character Hansels actions. HANSEL IS A CHARACTER. I thought you knew better than that. What I wrote was for entertainment purposes and was meant to be a joke. A JOKE. God, stop taking things so seriously. Other posters have written much worse things than me and have gotten away with it. Why hold me to such a fucking high standard? You do nothing but complain, you whiny cunt*.

(*Hansel)

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

The room...it's spinning...Teddy Long used the word "cracka"...is Teddy a racist? Does he hate me because I'm white? Oh, here comes the vomit.

For those who watched Survivor Series remember the skit with Cena/Vince/Booker T, where Vince says "Keep it up my nigga" to Cena, and walks by Booker T, and Booker said "Tell me he didn't just say that".

Now, I am half black myself, and found the skit VERY offensive. Shame on Cena and Booker for particapting in somthing not only unfunny, but very racist. Booker should of not allowed it, by not particapting, no matter how bad he will de-push you. I'd rather be de-push then some rich white guy's jigga boo.

It's going to be very hard for me to watch another wrestling program, espically the way WWE is treating the African-American stars(Shelton Benjamin consently being jobbed out despite being one of the best pure workers in North America, and Bobby Lashley being the 1st person elimnated in the SD!/RAW match), it's seems you have to be Vince's jigga boo like Booker has for the last few years(HHH fued and the skit at Survivor Series).

You're a moron for getting offended over a word when it's not even used in a negative context.

I am shocked and appalled that you would hold me accountable for the character Hansels actions.  HANSEL IS A CHARACTER.  I thought you knew better than that.  What I wrote was for entertainment purposes and was meant to be a joke.  A JOKE.  God, stop taking things so seriously.  Other posters have written much worse things than me and have gotten away with it.  Why hold me to such a fucking high standard?  You do nothing but complain, you whiny cunt*.

(*Hansel)

I froze when I read what Hansel wrote.

It was really fucking stupid to say that.

That said, it cracked me up, and I think that was the intended response (Vince being a big old nerd, playing it up to the 'hip' babyface)

Personally, I say Pollack, Mic, dinnermasher all the time, since I'm a Pollack, Mic, Dinnermasher.

Learn to come up with better arguments, faggot.

Okay are you black? If not, then you can't say his argument isn't good. Because he knows what it's like and his black friends laughed about Vince, they didn't give a shit. He has more experience with it then you as far as I know. Stop with this Hansel shit.

About the Vince comment, some people were offended by it. I just don't get this but hey I can't do anything about it. I'm NEVER offended with what the WWE does. In fact, I enjoy it. I liked Hassan, I laughed when Vince said this. Also the comment that the WWE brings black guys down is stupid. Booker T is now the US Champion, Bobby Lashley is pushed as a future WWE main eventer.

Since I have been called "nigga" myself on MANY occasions by black teenagers, I have come to understand that the word has more than one meaning.  I wasn't being called "nigga" because I was being seen as a "black, inferior person", but because I was accepted.    I believe this is the way Vice McMahon intended it, since the person he was talking to was obviously not black.

Yeah, I'm sure Vince really goes around calling his friends "nigga".

Edit: The YOU=every poster in this thread shrugging it off and saying "Its not a big deal! It's SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT!"

Porter, you should be ashamed for bringing common sense into this thread.

People should fuck off for telling someone what is or isn't offensive to them. Just because it doesn't offend you (random poster) doesn't mean it can't be offensive to someone else. For example: if WCW had made a reference or joke to Owen's harness malfunctioning, people might be offended by it. Others might not be offended at all. I personally would have thought that it was classless and crass, but not offensive at all. But I certainly wouldn't be online telling those that found it offensive how wrong they were.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think Vince thought it would be offensive, or was looking for publicity over it. It was most likely a joke that he thought would be funny ... and he thought wrong.

Another thing that everybody thought was offensive: Eugene vs. Simon Dean on the Eddie Tribute show. The entire show was just sad, people would eventually just watch something else cause it's just so damn hard to watch. So they threw a short comedy match in there and I laughed, it made me feel good for a bit again, I understood why they did it and I didn't find it offensive. Same thing with his Nigga comment. Vince thought it was funny and it was

It's something that should never have even been considered let alone executed. However they did the "Wetback" "Cracka" exchange at the Rumble between Eddie and HHH so I guess racist comments are fair game. I really wish Vince had the "grapefruits" to say that to someone black not on his payroll though. I wonder how funny he'd find it all then.

Porter, you should be ashamed for bringing common sense into this thread.

People should fuck off for telling someone what is or isn't offensive to them. Just because it doesn't offend you (random poster) doesn't mean it can't be offensive to someone else. For example: if WCW had made a reference or joke to Owen's harness malfunctioning, people might be offended by it. Others might not be offended at all. I personally would have thought that it was classless and crass, but not offensive at all. But I certainly wouldn't be online telling those that found it offensive how wrong they were.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think Vince thought it would be offensive, or was looking for publicity over it. It was most likely a joke that he thought would be funny ... and he thought wrong.

Since most people that responded said they laughed, he actually thought right and some of you just need to get a sense of humor.

Making fun of someone's real life death is offensive, that's not even remotely comparable to what Vince said. Let's pretend for a minute that it was meaning to be a racist, then it's no different than Kerwin White and heel Teddy Long, and it's foolish to get offended for something a character said in a STORYLINE. It's equivalent to getting offended that HHH hit Flair with a sledgehammer.

However as has been pointed out, Vince wasn't even using it in a racist way. It's not like Cena did something stupid and then Vince called him a nigga for it. Did you people even see the segment? He was calling Cena that to try to be friendly with him. The word "nigga" has different meanings, obviously he wasn't implying anything negative against black people, so whoever got offended by it is very fucking stupid.

I remember we discussed the "N-Word" in school one time, and one of the black guys said it's okay for white people to use it if they grew up in a mostly-black area of poverty. One of the other black guys said it's never okay for a white person to use it ever. A black girl said nigga could just mean "friend", but "nigger" has negative connotations. None of the white students, including me, said anything at all. That was the shortest of our many class discussions, and nobody has mentioned this day since. I don't know what my point is here.

I remember we discussed the "N-Word" in school one time, and one of the black guys said it's okay for white people to use it if they grew up in a mostly-black area of poverty.  One of the other black guys said it's never okay for a white person to use it ever.  A black girl said nigga could just mean "friend", but "nigger" has negative connotations.  None of the white students, including me, said anything at all.  That was the shortest of our many class discussions, and nobody has mentioned this day since.  I don't know what my point is here.

:bonk:

I remember we discussed the "N-Word" in school one time, and one of the black guys said it's okay for white people to use it if they grew up in a mostly-black area of poverty.  One of the other black guys said it's never okay for a white person to use it ever.  A black girl said nigga could just mean "friend", but "nigger" has negative connotations.  None of the white students, including me, said anything at all.  That was the shortest of our many class discussions, and nobody has mentioned this day since.  I don't know what my point is here.

You should have asked "when is it okay for blacks to use the C-Word?"

How the fuck does it have different meanings? Nigga/Nigger/Niggar whatever its the same fucking word. Its roots are in pure hatrid and the word should not be used. I don't care if dumbass rappers and rap fans used the word every other word. Doesn't make it right. People use gay to mean stupid, does that make it right?

I didn't find it offensive, but doesn't mean it can't be. You do not need a sense of humor to ignore when something is wrong. What he said was stupid and a cheap chance at humor. The people who need to get a grip with reality are the ones in here who fail to see the need for the word to be used as entertainment. Or maybe they just finish watching "Birth of a Nation".

Since most people that responded said they laughed, he actually thought right and some of you just need to get a sense of humor. 

Making fun of someone's real life death is offensive, that's not even remotely comparable to what Vince said.  Let's pretend for a minute that it was meaning to be a racist, then it's no different than Kerwin White and heel Teddy Long, and it's foolish to get offended for something a character said in a STORYLINE.  It's equivalent to getting offended that HHH hit Flair with a sledgehammer.

However as has been pointed out, Vince wasn't even using it in a racist way.  It's not like Cena did something stupid and then Vince called him a nigga for it.  Did you people even see the segment?  He was calling Cena that to try to be friendly with him.  The word "nigga" has different meanings, obviously he wasn't implying anything negative against black people, so whoever got offended by it is very fucking stupid.

Chaosrage, it's funny that you quoted my post, but seemingly missed my entire point: Who the fuck are any of us to tell someone else what they should consider offensive? Personally, I'm not offended by Vince saying what he said, but I'm not going to get on my high-horse and tell people that they shouldn't be offended by it.

And my Owen example IS comparable: some people might be more offended by it than others. As I stated, I wouldn't find that offensive, either, but I would defend other people's right to be offended by it.