TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Raw rating

Also...

--Last night's Smackdown did about a 2.35 rating based on the fast nationals, which is actually slightly better than I had expected it to do

The RAW number fluctuates so much since their USA debut that it's hard to say if anyone (or thing) is drawing. In a previous rating thread I said their average would be a 3.6 with a +/- of 0.3, which is too large of a range to have an average in but right now it's the only way to explain these wild fluctuations. For now, this isn't a result of anything the product is doing, it is just the average viewers tv/RAW watching tendencies.

Of course, someone could go back and see who was main eventing when, and what storylines were going on, and other certain qualities to the program and see if those who were on the last time they got a 3.9 were on this week and see if there is an actual draw to the WWE and prove that wrong. I just don't really feel like it.

I think it had more to do with being the night after a "huge" PPV than anything else. If next week's episode is rated that highly or higher then it's a trend, if it dips back to 3.6, or 3.7, it was just another artificial bump.

October 3, 2005

Hyped show, nothing more then that.

October 10, 2005

Carlito/Angle/Edge vs. Cena/Show/HBK main event RAW but RAW ends with JR getting fired. I guess this rating was this high because of last week.

October 17, 2005

18 Man Battle Royal main evented RAW, Kane won. Not good

October 24, 2005

Main Event: Kurt Angle vs. John Cena. But I think Show vs. HBK vs. Kane being the opener made the people watch

October 31, 2005

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena main evented RAW. But they started off with a special Masterlock challenge and then Angle vs. Tajiri, not a draw.

November 7, 2005

Main Event: Chris Masters and Kurt Angle vs. John Cena and Shawn Michaels. A cool segment with all the RAW superstars around the ring started the show.

November 14, 2005

Eddie Guerrero Tribute show. People tuned in to pay tribute.

November 21, 2005

Shawn Michaels vs. John Bradshaw Layfield. Before Survivor Series bs.

November 28th, 2005

John Cena vs. Chris Masters vs. Kurt Angle as Main Event. HBK versus Carlito kicked off.

Any conclusions? I think we can say Chris Masters makes the ratings go up when he's in the main event :huh:

Guest Coffey

Meh, I chalk it up to being a post-PPV Raw and people thinking a title switch might happen. Plus people might've thought some shit with Bischoff was going to go down when Vince came out to open the show.

Guest Andrew J.

Isn't the whole "big PPV makes the next show's ratings go up" thing a myth? I remember reading somewhere an analysis of post-Wrestlemania Raw ratings that showed that they usually weren't really that high compared to average ratings of the time.