TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

ROH Steel Cage Warfare Results

RESULTS

1. Jason Blade/Kid Mikaze d. Dunn & Marcos with a top rope moonsault in about 10 minutes.

2. Davey Andrews d. Pelle Primeau in about a minute. Following the match, Ricky Reyes came out and destroyed Primeau, Andrews, and other students, as well as the Top of the Class Trophy!

3. Tony Mamaluke/Sal Rinauro d. Colt Cabana/Milano Collection AT to retain the ROH Tag Team Titles. Exitenglish said that Mamaluke and Rinauro hit their double team finisher and dropped Milano right on his head!

4. Bryan Danielson d. Rocky Romero with a Single Leg Crab in about 17 minutes to retain the ROH World Title.

After the title match, LANCE STORM came out! He and Danielson paid respect to one another, and Storm hinted at having one more match in him. The crowd then chanted "One More Match" at Storm!

5. Jay Lethal d. Samoa Joe in about 20 minutes with a Dragon Suplex. During the match Lethal attacked Joe with a steel chair, apparently completing the heel turn.

6. Steve Corino d. Homicide after a masked man came in and attacked Homicide! Exitenglish said there were a ton of weapon spots in this one!

7. STEEL CAGE WARFARE! (exitenglish is just calling me on the eliminations, not the entrances, we can get the order of entrance later tonight I'm sure, but it's easier for him to just call on the eliminations).

Matt Sydal was eliminated at about the 25 minute mark after a Black Hole Slam from Abyss, and a Pedigree from Jimmy Rave. I believe Rave got the pin.

Abyss was eliminated by Jack Evans at about the 35 minute mark with a moonsault off the top of the cage. When Evans entered the match, he hit a double flip moonsault onto the Embassy members still on the floor!

Jack Evans was eliminated by Alex Shelley after a move off the top rope. This was a minute or two after Evans eliminating Abyss. Shelley's move was some sort of a slam.

Jimmy Rave was eliminated by Roderick Strong with the Strong Lock after about 5 backbreakers.

AT THE SAME TIME...

Alex Shelley was eliminated by Austin Aries with a brainbuster on a chair.

Prince Nana was eliminated by Austin Aries after a 450 from the top of the cage! Generation Next wins the match with Strong and Aries being the survivors!

Good booking, the right two men went over in the Main, and I'm sure everyone marked for Storm. ROH would give Storm the send off he deserves.

The general consensus is that Danielson/Storm goes down during WM weekend, which also will be ROH's 100th show.

Meanwhile the rohbots are going nuts about the SCW match which by all reports seem to be very good.

Guest Rrrsh

Of all the TNA guys to use (and I mean featured ones, not midcarders liek Aries, Stong and Shelly) why is Abyss booked? Abyss is a TNA-made guy, so why would ROH pick him? Every other guy who does both are started in ROH, right?

This confuses me greatly.

Well Abyss has done like 5 or so shows as a part-time hired gun for the embassy, as the muscle of the group. They needed a big man with brute power and so they chose Abyss...

I was at the show and Abyss seemed very over. Fun show overall. It was neat to be in a New York wrestling crowd and see Vladimir the superfan and Green Lantern Fan (who apparently is not well liked) wandering around and I assume this one guy wearing a Yankee's cap I saw was Bob Barron. I was marking out before the show even started with that sort of non-wrestling star power! Jack Evans is also insane.

I apologize... I don't know why I thought that. Did you attend the show though?

Oh, there was this really (and I mean REALLY) annoying lady in the "lobby" of basketball city asking everyone if they were a wrestler. When Samoa Joe walked by and said "Hey everyone how ya doin?" she asked "who the hell was that?".

No I wasn't at the show.

I'm going to be at Final Battle though. It's only fitting that Nigel makes his return to ROH the same night I do.

I still think I'm the only one who really liked the Euro Rules match.

I didnt mind the Euro Rules match. I was pissed that the crowd shit on it basically from the get-go.

And Nigel is losing at Final Battle. If he doesent it is a travesty to Claudio.

Guest Purist

This show sounded pretty cool live, and I read Alex Shelley's slam was a Kryptonite Krunch/Schwein, sounded like a pretty good show all around, I've heard that Prince Nana had a real strong showing inside that ring as well, which really surprised me, as from what I remember of his wrestling back in early ROH years, he wasn't that good at actual wrestling, he can still draw good heat.

Guest OSIcon
I've heard that Prince Nana had a real strong showing inside that ring as well, which really surprised me, as from what I remember of his wrestling back in early ROH years, he wasn't that good at actual wrestling, he can still draw good heat.

Rave was the MVP of the cage match.

Guys like Abyss had good spots that they did well, but seemed lost in between sections. Rave had the cage match/War Games forumla down. He took good bumps into the cage when it was time for the faces to clear house, he bleed well, and most importanty kpet things interesting in between big spots through his usual great heel work and good use of the cage. He really held it all together and kept the match from ever becoming meandering. Shelley was good in this role too but Rave is just a better heel at this point.

Evans will get all the talk when the match comes out. Not that he doesn't deserve it because his time in the match was perfectly booked and he hit some insane moves. I look forward to seeing this again on tape because it was a match I couldn't really absorb live, but ever since the show I've liked it more and more everytime I think about it.

Joe/Lethal was really great though and match of the night. I can't remember the last time I've seen a heel turn done so well in a match. They do a few minutes of face/face exchanching holds. They then do a really well done "neither guy can get an advantage" sequence that works within the the whole mentor/protege story. It meant more here because ROH doesn't do those sequences a lot (Joe never does) so you understood the meaning. Lethal gets some offense but Joe kicks out at one every single time. When Lethal snaps and uses the chair on Joe's leg, those one-counts become so important. They really showed why Lethal would have reason to be frustrated. He hit some big moves on Joe and couldn't get beyond a one. Joe's selling after the chair attack is awesome and the nearfall section is really great.

Guest Purist

So to all the people that were at this show, is it worth picking up on DVD, yay or nay? Thus far, it sounds like its worth the money

Guest OSIcon
So to all the people that were at this show, is it worth picking up on DVD, yay or nay? Thus far, it sounds like its worth the money

Yea, it is worth picking up.

Like I said, Joe/Lethal is really great. It isn't getting the talk it deserves but neither did their match on 5/7 initially. Corino/Homicide has some really great parts and some weird ones, but in the end it is still a really great bloodbath. Corino especially was really great. Danielson/Romero is fun. The two tag matches were just alright, but neither was "bad". The cage match is a lot of fun also and I think it might come off better on tape where it will be easier to follow the action.

Let me just clarify this for my own sake: the "Steel Cage Warfare", that's really just a fancy name for WarGames, right? One-ring cage, I know, but WarGames nonetheless, right? Cause if so, I'm ordering this. I mark hard for WarGames.

Let me just clarify this for my own sake: the "Steel Cage Warfare", that's really just a fancy name for WarGames, right? One-ring cage, I know, but WarGames nonetheless, right? Cause if so, I'm ordering this. I mark hard for WarGames.

WarGames with elimination rules.