TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Lex Luger back in jail

[email protected]

Lex Luger's legal woes continue as the 47-year-old wrestler is currently in Hennepin County Jail in Minneapolis.

Lawrence Pfohl is being held without bail with a court appearance scheduled on the 22nd on two felonies, a drug charge from the state of Georgia and a fugitive from justice charge stemming from that same original charge.

Pfohl and Marcus Bagwell were taken off an airpline in Minneapolis on the way to a wrestling date in Winnipeg on Tuesday due to a disturbance. Both were allowed to get on a later flight.

Both wrestlers, along with Scott Rechsteiner, were detained for a long period (between 90 minutes and three hours) at the border before Bagwell and Rechsteiner were allowed to enter the country. Pfohl was sent back, likely because they discovered the outstanding warrant, and arrested after he arrived in Minneapolis.

Pfhol has faced one legal problem after another since the folding of WCW, between DUI arrests, drugs like steroids and Growth Hormone found at his home when Elizabeth Hulette passed away, and he spent a lengthy period of time in jail in Atlanta due to nonpayment of child support.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2005/12/09/1345894.html

Luger held in Minneapolis jail

By PAUL TURENNE - Winnipeg Sun

Pro wrestler Lex Luger was locked up in a Minneapolis jail cell while he was supposed to be giving body slams and suplexes in Winnipeg Tuesday night.

Luger, whose real name is Lawrence Pfohl, remains in the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility in Minnesota, where he was placed Tuesday after being denied access to Canada and then arrested at the Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport as he stepped off the plane.

Luger was arrested for allegedly breaching conditions of his probation and is being held without bail.

He has a court date scheduled for Dec. 22 in Minnesota and will at some point be extradited back to his home state of Georgia.

The Cobb County Sherriff's Office in Georgia issued the warrant for Luger's arrest after he allegedly violated a condition of his probation with respect to possession of illegal steroids, to which Luger pleaded guilty in February.

A spokeswoman for the sherriff's office did not say which probation condition Luger had allegedly breached.

The former WWF wrestling star was supposed to appear at two Action Wrestling Entertainment events at the University of Manitoba Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

He was denied access to Canada, though, after spending five hours at Winnipeg International Airport Tuesday morning.

AWE promoter Mike Davidson said he didn't find out about Luger's arrest until late Thursday night.

"The last time I spoke to Lex he was being ushered onto a plane by customs because of 'improper paperwork,' which is probably what they told him to keep him at ease until he got to Minneapolis," said Davidson.

Davidson had complained to the Winnipeg Sun earlier this week that the Canada Border Services Agency seemed to have wishy-washy rules about letting people in, since Luger had been here in October with no problem. But once Davidson found out the real reason, he was understanding.

"Naturally the frustration was with customs officials at first, but now it's with Lex Luger," he said.

"If he knew there was a warrant on him, the best thing he could do for us is call and say 'Hey, I'm not coming to Winnipeg.'"

Davidson said the incident would likely end AWE's relationship with Luger.

Luger and fellow wrestler Buff Bagwell were originally supposed to fly into Winnipeg Monday night but were pulled off a plane before takeoff in Minneapolis and had to spend the night there.

Davidson said the alleged incident -- involving the misinterpreted ribbing of a flight attendant -- was blown out of proportion.

One witness who was aboard the plane told the Sun yesterday that he didn't see the men make any kind of scene or act unruly.

Guest hasbeen

Why is this comedy? Is he a great person, no even though he's not the villain some make him out to be, but he's spent 20 years as part of the business everyone is on this board writing about. I don't think anyone should be crying for him but have a little respect for someone in a bad way isn't too much to ask for.

Why is this comedy? Is he a great person, no even though he's not the villain some make him out to be, but he's spent 20 years as part of the business everyone is on this board writing about. I don't think anyone should be crying for him but have a little respect for someone in a bad way isn't too much to ask for.

I know it!

Now if those damned authorities would quit planting those drugs and cadavers on him...

Im just cracking up thinking about the irony that the warrant came from Cobb County Georgia.

If you ever take a trip down to Cobb County, Georgia,ya betta read the signs

Respect the law and order.

You'll serve hard times.

You'll be serving hard times.

You know the Big Bossman'll make ya walk the line

ya betta watch that trucky

ou'll be serving hard time

he carrys a big stick that'll probably change you,

your looking for trouble

he'll be coming after you.

You'll serve hard times.

You'll be serving hard times.

You know the Big Bossman'll make you walk the line

ya betta watch that car

you'll be serving hard times.

You'll be serving hard times

you'll be serving hard times

ya know the Big Bossman'll make ya walk the line

ya betta watch that car

you'll be serving hard time.

You'll be serving hard times

you'll be serving hard times.

Ya know the Big Bossman'll make ya walk the line

ya betta watch that car or you'll be serving hard times

I hope the man can get his life back on track, and I think it's pretty sad that so many people get a kick out of other's problems and addictions these days.

Guest hasbeen
I hope the man can get his life back on track, and I think it's pretty sad that so many people get a kick out of other's problems and addictions these days.

I think the reaction to his problems would be different if he'd put on "five star matches" throughout his career. I met up with him earlier this year and he was open and honest about mistakes he's made, that's a first step on the road to recovery even if there's some roadblocks along the way.

Guest hasbeen

I know it!

Now if those damned authorities would quit planting those drugs and cadavers on him...

What are you trying to say?