TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
converge241

2006 Baseball Games

Only 2ksports has the mlb license. Hence why EA went with the NCAA one apparently. ...But who wants to play college baseball. Metal bats?!?!?

Given that all of the other franchises have ganked the MVP pitching mechanics in one way or another, NCAA doesn't really seem that special to me. It doesn't help that there's no free agency, trades, anything like that - I'm sure there will be recruitment and such, but asking that to hold up the entire season/franchise mode for the game is a tall order, in my opinion.

Only 2ksports has the mlb license. Hence why EA went with the NCAA one apparently. ...But who wants to play college baseball. Metal bats?!?!?

I've actually waited for a college baseball game to come to the PS2. I imagine it may have less depth than the MLB versions, but it'll add another college sport to the system besides football & basketball.

I'm just a sucker for the College World Series so I'll probably pick up this game.

I'm just hoping 2K's game improves a LOT. I love their basketball, football and hockey titles, but MLB 2K5 sucked a fat dick. MVP was amazing, but I'd much rather have a good Major League Baseball game.

Me. NCAA season is shorter and the round robin NCAA tournament is more fun for me.

And for those who love the college baseball and want to know who made it, here is your list:

128 teams are in

No Delaware kinda sucks since they are usually in the round robin every year. However, that is a lot of teams.

The only thing I'd like about the ncaa game is recruiting, but EA always screws up recruiting in their football games, i doubt it'll be much better.

The only thing I'd like about the ncaa game is recruiting, but EA always screws up recruiting in their football games, i doubt it'll be much better.

I like the sound of the metal bats and the tournament itself. Plus with all these schools this year and every school in next year, I'm sold. Plus the MLB versions just don't hold my interest. I like a game where if my opponent scores 9 runs in an inning, coming back wouldn't look totally arcade like most of my MLB comebacks did.

Guest Evolution

For those fans of text sims and games from the Championship Manager series, OOTP Baseball Manager 2006 is coming out in spring next year. Looks like it's got potential.

I suppose there's also Mario baseball...I keep meaning to give that a try

I suppose there's also Mario baseball...I keep meaning to give that a try

It's real fun.

My lineup always consisted of:

C: Petey the Piranha Plant

1B: Bowser

2B: Donkey Kong

SS: Bowser Jr.

3B: Wario

LF: Luigi

CF: Yoshi

RF: Mario

P: Waluigi

Batting order:

1. Yoshi

2. Luigi

3. Mario

4. Wario

5. Bowser

6. DK

7. Petey

8. Bowser Jr.

9. Waluigi

That's always good enough for 2+ run lead/victory.

thanks for the info i used the like the older 2k series on dreamcast for baseball (world series baseball) so hopefully i can live with that

or maybe ill just save the cash and play another season of MVP 05

a lot of gamer friends have been clamoring for a NCAA baseball game so ill get to try that before buying and see how it is

Hopefully the 2K6 one will be made better this time (probably wont need to be 20 bucks so they wont go all cheapy on us and rush the game with many errors in it)

Even though I still kinda liked 2k5 despite its problems (hell reminds me I need to finish my season I got thru the reg and havent started playoffs yet, and I started my season back in Feb YIKES- but Sd vs Raw 06 has kinda taken my attention and the whole moving thing)

Guest Leelee
I'm just hoping 2K's game improves a LOT. I love their basketball, football and hockey titles, but MLB 2K5 sucked a fat dick. MVP was amazing, but I'd much rather have a good Major League Baseball game.

How do you figure that? MVP 2005 was the better game (except for online), because of the bugs 2k5 had. But, the game played mostly the same. Especially with the many game options you could change.

The worst thing 2k did was release that World Series edition for $30 ($10 more expensive than the original at release)... which was basically a fix of some of the bugs in the game, and a slight graphical upgrade.

I read this a few months ago but I blocked it out of my memory because I FUCKIN LOVE MVP 04 and 05.

I think I might just get NCAA MVP because it is sort of a MVP. Bahhhhhhh

Guest Real F'n Show

When do baseball games usually come out? As in, when can we expect NCAA or the 2KSports Baseball game to be released? Is it early Spring?

That does sound pretty cool, but it'd probably be a PR disaster. Someone would inevitably claim that whatever company made the game was profiting from the struggles the Negro League's players went through. It'd be complete nonsense, of course, but I think it's a touchy enough issue that no company would risk making the game.

Come to think of it, does MLB own the rights to Negro League interests? If so, does Sega have exclusive rights to those as well?

I'm pretty sure that the Negro league is owned by some random rich black guy.

Like he owns the right to it. Atleast he used to.

Edited by Mole

I'm pretty sure that the Negro league is owned by some random rich black guy.

Like he owns the right to it. Atleast he used to.

The term "Negro League" itself never actually existed as a trademarked entity, if I am not mistaken. There were leagues such as the Negro American League, and the Eastern Colored League, and these were commonly refered to as the negro leagues. Now, I think MLB may own the trademarks of some of the teams themselves, and that could create a problem. The leagues were loosely organized, and I highly doubt one person could own ALL of the teams. And if there are copyright problems, that could be averted by creating a Bingo Long type of world.

The real challenge would be getting the players. Many are obscure, and there are a few affiliated with MLB. MVP Baseball already utilized Buck Leonard and Satchel Paige.

And just to give people an idea of what this league would entail, you'd have a setup where you play half league games, half exhibitions. Many doubleheaders. Your roster would be closer to 14-16 players than 25, so many of your players would both pitch and play the field on their non-pitching days. If you really wanted to get realistic, Satchel Paige could come in and pitch for your team for three innings in a game to boost attendance.

And just to give people an idea of what this league would entail, you'd have a setup where you play half league games, half exhibitions. Many doubleheaders. Your roster would be closer to 14-16 players than 25, so many of your players would both pitch and play the field on their non-pitching days. If you really wanted to get realistic, Satchel Paige could come in and pitch for your team for three innings in a game to boost attendance.

That actually sounds quite entertaining.

Guest Leelee

Yes.

They should also include some white teams, so I could just bean all the players on the negro teams, and force them into submission.