TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dips

The OAO Raw Thread for 12/26/05

I haven't watched this show in a while, so can someone tell me why Vince is a face again? I stopped watching around the "JR is fired" episode when the whole family turned heel, and then a few weeks later Vince is doing all this fan favorite stuff again. What's going on?

Guest Andrew J.
I haven't watched this show in a while, so can someone tell me why Vince is a face again? I stopped watching around the "JR is fired" episode when the whole family turned heel, and then a few weeks later Vince is doing all this fan favorite stuff again. What's going on?

I think he turned face when he opened the Guerrero tribute show.

Have we ever seen a Michaels/McMahon feud? I'm trying to remember if they've had any confrontations and shit and I'm coming up blank.

Late '98, Shawn superkicked Vince back when he was Commissioner. That's all I got.

Have we ever seen a Michaels/McMahon feud? I'm trying to remember if they've had any confrontations and shit and I'm coming up blank.

Vince fired him and Shawn superkicked him one time in 98.

Didn't Shawn SCM Vince at the end of a raw once when Shawn was the commish?

Here's what I've been able to figure out:

-If Vince is in the ring with a heel, then he's a face.

-If Vince is in the ring with a face, he's a heel.

Guest RadioBurning

I was just playing No Mercy, and Shawn stopped Vince from being the guest ref at Mania and screwing me out of the title.

Suppose that might reflect storylines of the time.

Edited by RadioBurning

No, he said WWWF.

He should have called it the WWWE. That would have been teh funny.

At first I thought the segment would somehow set up Bret's return to wrestling, but now it seems I was mistaken - it only served the dual purpose of boosting DVD sales and setting up a pointless, boring, neverending feud between McMahon and Shawn.

Those blurry old AJPW tapes are looking mighty tempting...

Here's what I've been able to figure out:

-If Vince is in the ring with a heel, then he's a face.

-If Vince is in the ring with a face, he's a heel.

Basically, he can switch between face & heel whenever he wants to. He's Vince Mcmahon damn it.

Guest RadioBurning
Shawn actually DID stop Vince from becoming the guest ref at Mania 15.

Well there ya go.

Kinda reminds me of how you can form DX in Here Comes the Pain.

Edited by RadioBurning

Guest Quik

That was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in my life. And the sad part is, I keep seeing stupider and stupider things when I actually tune in WWE programming. Nothing is compelling, and now it's just awkward, semi-shocking things that just look lame and come off as a product of cheap writing. Given the last few years and the McMahon-engineered ways to get big again that we've seen, I stand, even moreso than before, by my theory that Vince McMahon is nothing but a dim-witted, two-bit, bullshit carnival promoter who got lucky a few times and is now riding the wave back down into the water before he drowns. The dream is finally over.

I'd have to say, tonights show was...bland. Nothing interesting happened.

It does amaze me, how poorly handled Kurt Angle's character has been this year. First he's a sexual predator, now he hates the troops. Also, it seems the WWE will never realize that no matter how hard they try, the crowd isn't buying Cena anymore. Sure, the girls are, but the company's core audience isn't. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Angle could even say he's a fan of Bin Laden, and the crowd still wouldn't cheer for Cena.

Can someone provide a recap of the main event DVD review? It sounds really terrible.

Here ya go.

Vince McMahon marched out and played a clip of Bret Hart talking about the Montreal Screwjob. Hart said that a lot of people have opinions on it but don't know the full facts. Vince asked the crowd if they thought he was right or Bret was wrong. When the fans cheered for both, he told them that he had tricked them, just like he tricked Bret Hart. Shawn Michaels came down and said something in Vince's ear. Vince then urged him to tell everybody. Shawn said that he has said many times that if he had to do the incident again, he would. He said that then and now, his loyalty has been to the company. He said that if Bret didn't want to let it go, that's his choice. Vince McMahon looked on proud before HBK told him that it is time Vince gets over it and lets it go. Michaels said he is 40 and McMahon is 60. He is a father. McMahon is a grandfather. Things have changed. It's time to move on. Vince called Michaels a "son of a bitch" and grabbed the mic away. Vince said the business does move on. He mentioned many names like Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, and Ultimate Warrior, but said the only consistent name is McMahon. Vince asked Shawn if he wants to become like those other names. Vince told Shawn that he has done well, has a family, and a high standard of living, but that there is no place to go now, no WCW. He told HBK that just like everyone in the crowd, he works for the man and will have to swallow his pride. Vince admitted that he screwed Bret, and told Shawn that he will screw him too if he has to. The two stared at each other as Vince slowly started to walk away. After a few moments, Shawn took off his jacket and stared at Vince. Vince then walked out of the ring and smiled as Shawn looked on expressionless.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/livecove...e.php?lcid=2435

Guest JMA

I guess it's safe to say that the relationship between McMahon and Hart is once again broken. Unless this is part of some angle involving Bret (which I highly doubt).