TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cawthon777

Favorite Tribute Video

I'd have to say easily Eddie's 3 doors down video. I love the effect of the rain falling down in the ring while he's pounding his chest and standing there defiantly with a determined look in his eyes. I don't know what it was from, but it was incredible. The "Hurt" video was sadder, this was a more fitting tribute however. A more fitting tribute to Eddie conquering his demons and finally reaching such a success to where he could write in his book that if anything happened to him, he could walk away satisfied. The video seemed to emphasize that Eddy was a fighter and everyone would remember him like that instead of emphasizing how sad everyone is that he's gone. In a way, it was uplifting rather than depressing like the Johnny Cash one. Which is how it should be. If anyone read the last chapter in his book, they would know that's how he wanted his career to be perceived. So I would argue that it was just as emotional but in a different direction.

I don't see how anyone could disagree with this. The shots of Eddie in the rain > the shots of Eddie looking sad by a wide margin.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/494...ynwvx=&preclip=

My favourite is probably the WWF History one from 2002 set to "Lonely Road of Faith" by Kid Rock.

However, the Eddie Guerrero one was very emotional and ranks up their too.

I'd have to say easily Eddie's 3 doors down video. I love the effect of the rain falling down in the ring while he's pounding his chest and standing there defiantly with a determined look in his eyes.

You're right, that's a fantastic shot. I totally forgot about it.

say what you will about the WWE/F throughout their 2001-2005 tenure..

but their "Desire" era videos, and just their tributes in general, have been the best thet have ever done. I love em. Wish we had more of them.

question: all these links... I'm a dolt, could someone tell me how to download them onto my hard drive, if that's possible? I'm referring to the youtube links. Thanks!

Edited by LJSexay

I'd have to say easily Eddie's 3 doors down video. I love the effect of the rain falling down in the ring while he's pounding his chest and standing there defiantly with a determined look in his eyes. I don't know what it was from, but it was incredible. The "Hurt" video was sadder, this was a more fitting tribute however. A more fitting tribute to Eddie conquering his demons and finally reaching such a success to where he could write in his book that if anything happened to him, he could walk away satisfied. The video seemed to emphasize that Eddy was a fighter and everyone would remember him like that instead of emphasizing how sad everyone is that he's gone. In a way, it was uplifting rather than depressing like the Johnny Cash one. Which is how it should be. If anyone read the last chapter in his book, they would know that's how he wanted his career to be perceived. So I would argue that it was just as emotional but in a different direction.

I don't see how anyone could disagree with this. The shots of Eddie in the rain > the shots of Eddie looking sad by a wide margin.

I agree, its a much better video and a nicer tribute for Eddie, that makes you sad, yet you feel uplifted at the same time.

"One Thing" by Finger Eleven - Chris Benoit

I always liked Mr. Perfect's tribute video.

My favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Chris-Jericho-Des...Chris%20Jericho - "King of My World" by Saliva - Chris Jericho Desire

I totally forgot about this. Another one of my favorites.

Edit: Other mentions include HBK's "Tell Me a Lie" and "Away" by Mercy Drive - Randy Orton Desire

http://www.youtube.com/w/Chris-Jericho-Des...Chris%20Jericho - "King of My World" by Saliva - Chris Jericho Desire

I totally forgot about this. Another one of my favorites.

Edit: Other mentions include HBK's "Tell Me a Lie" and "Away" by Mercy Drive - Randy Orton Desire

I have Tell Me A Lie on CD somewhere... that song rules and I'm not afraid to say it, regardless of the fact that he was actually pretty much telling a lie anyway.

Edit: I meant the HBK video, not the song (which is part of the music Anthology)

Edited by The Amazing Rando

My favorite is the WWE History "Lonely Road of Faith." This was a video that made it seem cool to be a wrestling fan.

The other two that I liked as true tribute videos were the Mr. Perfect and Eddie's Hurt video. Those stuck an emotinal cord, which is the one thing the WWE does a very good job of. I liked the Mr. Perfect video because although it was sad, it brought back great memories of hs vigniettes, which I think were the best ever made. Eddie's was sad but great because you remember how rough his life was, and how much impact his death had on everyone.

The Rock - 'Alive'

xhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=SXQ4NZJS

No offense, but I really think that's the worst one they did. It could've been good, but (if I'm remembering correctly) they decided to use footage Rock reciting stupid insults and catchphrases over memorable in-ring moments.

Guest Ransome
I forget who they credited for doing that "Lonely Road of Faith" piece. I want to say it was Cole. Whoever it was did one hell of a job.

I've heard it was Michael Cole too, which makes you wonder why they're bothered cramming his awful announcing down our throats for 8 years when they should simply confine him to the production crew.

Guest Teckneek

The rain effect video was from ID's the WWE producion team did for each wrestler for Survivor Series 2005. Watch the cold open intro for Survivor Series 2005 and they use the same Rain ID for every wrestler. Also for the buildup video for Kurt Angle vs John Cena(such an awesome buildup video). I did a whole thread about iit a month ago. Here's the link: http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...topic=75810&hl=

Guest Hadley

1. Lonely Road of Faith

2. Hurt( whenever i hear that song i think of eddy)

3. Clocks (whenever i hear that song i think of angle)

Guest The Showcase

When The Rock returned before Wrestlemania 19, they did a desire video of him to P Diddy's "Come With Me" that I always enjoyed, as well.

Nothing beats Lonely Road Of Faith or Jericho's King Of My World.

Guest angelus666

Man I love most of the WWE videos my favorites of the vids listed were Lonley Road Of Faith and My Sacrifice I haven't seen Hurt. But My favorite of all time Is My Way for Rock VS Austin.. Does anyone know where I can find Hurt and My Way?.