TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank_Nabbit

Jake Roberts and WWE getting sued

Guest Frank_Nabbit

http://www.wrestlemag.com/news/index.php?p=1566:

The family of former WWE star Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts are considering suing him and World Wrestling Entertainment following comments made release on the recent “What’s Your Poison” DVD released by WWE.

Jake’s family are said to be very unhappy with some of the content and comments made on the DVD, and although the family have taken no action as of yet, it appears that legal action will commence very shortly.

What did he say? Does anyone who's seen the DVD know what comments this might refer to?

I watched it. Jake absolutely tore his dad apart, and made him seem like a real scumbag at home. He talked well about his ex wife Robin though, and put the blame on their breakup all on him, so i'm assuming its about him ripping his dad apart.

What did he say? Does anyone who's seen the DVD know what comments this might refer to?

I watched it. Jake absolutely tore his dad apart, and made him seem like a real scumbag at home. He talked well about his ex wife Robin though, and put the blame on their breakup all on him, so i'm assuming its about him ripping his dad apart.

You mean Cheryl? I believe Rockin Robin was his sister.

You mean Cheryl? I believe Rockin Robin was his sister.

Whoops, my bad. I mixed them up

I seem to remember he also talked about his grampa being a drunk, but mostly he berated his father. But didn't he do the same thing on Beyond The Mat? Are those reasons enough for a lawsuit? It seems that you can pretty much sue anybody for whatever shit you can imagine nowadays.

I'd assume the lawsuit would be slander of some sorts and I saw Beyond the Mat and he he didn't say a lot of positive things, but I'd assume since it's WWE and they've got money, it's worth a shot.

I'd assume the lawsuit would be slander of some sorts and I saw Beyond the Mat and he he didn't say a lot of positive things, but I'd assume since it's WWE and they've got money, it's worth a shot.

He talked shit about his dad in Beyond The MAt, but in this case he went over that 3x worse. He mentioned his childhood and the abuse his dad inflicted on him, going into detail. You're right though suing the makers of Beyond the Mat wont get you much. suing the WWE could result in millions. All about the money

Didn't Cheryl bang Rick Rude? So wouldn't the breakup be her fault? And don't give me that "he drove me into the arms of another man!" shit. I never buy that stupid shit from women.

Glad I bought the dvd already, well probably see a recall and a newly edited version out soon. Hell with lawsuits, what next is Barry Blaustein going to sue Jake for Jake saying in the dvd he didnt liek the way beyond the mat was edited to make him look bad?

He did make some serious accusations (basically that his dad physically, verbally, and SEXUALLY abused his children)

Didn't Cheryl bang Rick Rude? So wouldn't the breakup be her fault? And don't give me that "he drove me into the arms of another man!" shit. I never buy that stupid shit from women.

You'd have to assume that Jake cheated on her as well though. I mean, he's a wrestler.

I don't quite remember, but I think he admitted cheating in Beyond The Mat.

On his DVD he admitted to cheating on Cheryl left and right every single night. 2, 3,4 girls at a time.

You'd have to assume that Jake cheated on her as well though. I mean, he's a wrestler.

I don't get that statement.

I mean, I get it but yeah. I don't think it's an assumption to think "if you a wrestler you're going to cheat on your wife."

I understand that with steriods, though that's not always true either. I wouldn't say the majority of wrestlers cheat on their wives.

Edited by HartFan86

it ain't slander if it's the truth

if it's the truth there is no basis for a lawsuit, it'd probably never make it to court.

Guest The Showcase
it ain't slander if it's the truth

if it's the truth there is no basis for a lawsuit, it'd probably never make it to court.

Was his dad ever tried and convicted of child abuse or molestation?