TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

OAO NY Revolution Thread 8/1/2006

Bring on the "there is a PPV this Sunday?" comments. The PPV card sucks. Only the Chamber match and HHH/Show are PPV worthy matches. I think the WWE is taking the easy and expected way with Cena and HHH winning. I hope they prove me wrong.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane (Elimination Chamber Match)

Big Show vs. Triple H

Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair vs. Edge

Gregory Helms vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Ashley vs. Maria vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Victoria vs. Candice Michelle (Bra & Panties Gauntlet Match)

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James

Predictions? Thoughts?

It's August already?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Chamber and Edge/Flair, although I have noidea why they're wasting Edge on the IC Title when he should be WWE Champion. I won't be ordering, though... Both those matches will be on YouTube, I'm sure.

Edited by Matt Young

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane (Elimination Chamber Match)

Winner: Shawn Michaels when he and Vince screw Cena out of the title.

Big Show vs. Triple H

Winner: Big Show. I don't know why.

Winner: Edge by DQ. No reason to put the IC belt on Edge.

Winner: Errr, Helms?

Ashley vs. Maria vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Victoria vs. Candice Michelle (Bra & Panties Gauntlet Match)

Winner: Candice. Gotta push the new Playboy girl.

Winner: Trish. Mickie snaps afterwards or the next night on Raw.

I'm going to this tomorrow so I'm hoping for a good show.

Section 118, $50 seats.

CenterStage.gif

Guest Fook

They have Lawler wrestling on the show and two women's matches, but no room for guys like Chavo or Shelton.

Is it any wonder I barely watch at all anymore?

Just book Shelton/Chavo and have Shelton win his first match with his mom. It's better then fucking Lawler and two women's matches. BUT I like Gregory Helms getting a PPV win. If he loses I'll be PISSED

Is this the first time Big Show has taken on HHH since Helmsley won the title off him 6 years ago?

I don't see Edge jobbing to see a 60 year old man so I think Edge is going to get IC title win number 6 plus I can mark out for IC Champion Vs. WWE Champion at the Rumble later this month.

My picks:

Cena with Carlito being the first one eliminated.

HHH although I want Show to win

Helms

Ashley

Mickie - Please end Trish's year long title reign already

They have Lawler wrestling on the show and two women's matches, but no room for guys like Chavo or Shelton.

Is it any wonder I barely watch at all anymore?

I'm guessing that Chavo will be on the pre-PPV Heat. Shelton could most likely not be on Heat or PPV at all until the next Raw to continue the ridiculous "Mama" angle.

Elimination Chamber:

Kane eliminates Carlito

Kane eliminates Masters

Angle eliminates Kane

HBK eliminates Angle

Cena eliminates HBK

So you don't think that anyone will be eliminated before Kane gets in the ring? Remember, Kane is the last person to enter the match.

Guest Quik

Spoilers: I just got back from the show. They taped it at 3 so they could add people into the seats with CGI or something. There were like 50 of us there.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane (Elimination Chamber Match)- Kinda lame. Carlito went first after Kane chokeslammed him onto a peice of plate glass that was hooked up to a car battery. They had the coroner come out and put Carlito in a body bag afterwards, so don't expect to see him on TV again for a few weeks. HBK went next after Vince came out and said he submitted even though he was just standing there. Angle went next via the Masterlock. Kane was eliminated when Mark Henry ran in and ripped off the door to the chamber and started attacking him. It came down to Cena and Masters. Masters got the masterlock, but in an ironic twist, Cena grabbed a giant key and clocked Masters over the head with it, breaking the hold and then getting the pin.

Big Show vs. Triple H- Awesome match. Triple H got the win when he smashed Big Show's head in with a sledgehammer. It was awkward watching them set it up, since Big Show disappeared under the ring, and then Hunter pulled out a large dummy with a watermelon for a head. Looked kinda fake, but if they edit it right it could look real.

Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair vs. Edge- Edge won the intercontinental title when Matt Hardy came out and turned on Flair, alligning himself with Edge and Lita. They then had a threesome in the middle of the ring. There was a special ed class in the front row; most of them started crying, especially when Shannon Moore returned and started making out with Edge.

Gregory Helms vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler- Match never really took off, since the entire crowd kept yelling "Who are you?" at Gregory Helms. King gets the win with a Canadian Destroyer.

Ashley vs. Maria vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Victoria vs. Candice Michelle (Bra & Panties Gauntlet Match)- No contest, match ended when the lights went out and when they came back on, Sting was in the ring. He gave all the girls scorpion deathdrops, and then he started yelling "Praise Jesus!". Security removed him.

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James- This was the main event. Mat wrestling galore. Mickie wins with a roll-up.

Overall, a good show. I enjoyed it.

Guest Chrisly_2005
Spoilers: I just got back from the show. They taped it at 3 so they could add people into the seats with CGI or something. There were like 50 of us there.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane (Elimination Chamber Match)- Kinda lame. Carlito went first after Kane chokeslammed him onto a peice of plate glass that was hooked up to a car battery. They had the coroner come out and put Carlito in a body bag afterwards, so don't expect to see him on TV again for a few weeks. HBK went next after Vince came out and said he submitted even though he was just standing there. Angle went next via the Masterlock. Kane was eliminated when Mark Henry ran in and ripped off the door to the chamber and started attacking him. It came down to Cena and Masters. Masters got the masterlock, but in an ironic twist, Cena grabbed a giant key and clocked Masters over the head with it, breaking the hold and then getting the pin.

Big Show vs. Triple H- Awesome match. Triple H got the win when he smashed Big Show's head in with a sledgehammer. It was awkward watching them set it up, since Big Show disappeared under the ring, and then Hunter pulled out a large dummy with a watermelon for a head. Looked kinda fake, but if they edit it right it could look real.

Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair vs. Edge- Edge won the intercontinental title when Matt Hardy came out and turned on Flair, alligning himself with Edge and Lita. They then had a threesome in the middle of the ring. There was a special ed class in the front row; most of them started crying, especially when Shannon Moore returned and started making out with Edge.

Gregory Helms vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler- Match never really took off, since the entire crowd kept yelling "Who are you?" at Gregory Helms. King gets the win with a Canadian Destroyer.

Ashley vs. Maria vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Victoria vs. Candice Michelle (Bra & Panties Gauntlet Match)- No contest, match ended when the lights went out and when they came back on, Sting was in the ring. He gave all the girls scorpion deathdrops, and then he started yelling "Praise Jesus!". Security removed him.

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James- This was the main event. Mat wrestling galore. Mickie wins with a roll-up.

Overall, a good show. I enjoyed it.

WTF?

Guest Leelee

I so wish this was true.

I'm not doing spoiler tags for this..

Moolah and Mae Young are scheduled to appear on the New Year's Revolution PPV tonight. They will likely do a run-in during the women's Gauntlet match.

Credit: WrestlingObserver/411mania

I'm thinking of going over to the Pepsi today to see the wrestlers arrive. I've never done it before. About 1:00pm they usually show up to the arena?

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Loads Of Backstage News & Spoilers From New Years Revolution.

Partial Source: WrestlingObserver.com

New Years Revolution is basically a one-match show with the Elimination Chamber. John Cena is the favorite to win although that could change with the recent crowd reactions. Today is actually Chris Masters' birthday and they are billing it up as him becoming the "youngest WWE champion ever" although it is not likely that he will win the title just yet. Kurt Angle is a major possibility as he has pushed hard as of late for a title run. The last time he was in Albany, NY he won the WWE title so we'll have to wait and see. HBK should be the standout star during the match. John Cena was scheduled to defend the title at WrestleMania against Triple H although plans could change at any moment.

Jerry Lawler .VS. Gregory Helms was just a match that was thrown together at the last minute. The favorite is Lawler to go over to further a feud between the two and to get a crowd reaction.

Don't count Big Show out as Triple H is heading to WrestleMania and jobbing right now doesn't make him look weak going into WrestleMania.

Trish Stratus .VS. Mickie James is expected to have a "shock" value ending with either Trish or Mickie heeling each other. One would think Mickie takes the title and the feud continues.

Moolah and Mae Young are scheduled for the bra and panties gauntlet in some way, shape, or form.

A match is likely for Heat. The Elimination chamber will likely go long, very LONG.

Guest Catcher8C

Does anyone else worry about how they are going to fill up almost 3 hours with these 6 matches?

Heres what I see:

Elimination Chamber: 1:05:00 including entrances and the celebration at the end.

HHH/Big Show: 18:00 with entrances.

Edge/Flair: another 15:00 with entrances.

Helms/Lawler: If it's similar to last year's NYR, about 12 minutes alltogether.

Woman's gauntlet: Around 10:00.

Women's title: 8:00

I think this is fairly realistic and it only goes for 2:08:00. How are they going to fill up the rest of the time? I'm fearing the idea of more Tim White, but if they use it to put the title on Edge after EC I think this show might end up not being half bad. Five average-good matches (EC, HHH/Show, Edge/Flair, Helms/Lawler, Edge/EC) should make it worth a purchase, if they go that way.

If not, I hope they plan on adding a match or two or a big angle.

Kurt Angle is a major possibility as he has pushed hard as of late for a title run. The last time he was in Albany, NY he won the WWE title so we'll have to wait and see.

He's been here a few times since 2000.

Guest TheHulkster

Im going to the show as well. Section 7, row 7. Everytime i've gone, the wrestlers showed up between 3-5 O'Clock.

I'll go ahead and say that ONCE AGAIN, Cena defies the odds and not only wins the match, but pins every other man involved. Much to the jubilation of the crowd.

Big Show vs. Triple H

Triple H has won 2 matches on ppv in the past year, thos being last year's NYR and Survivor Series. Asmuch as I am enjoying the way Big Show is currently being used, I see HHH breaking-off the cast, somehow, and getting the win.

Ric Flair will win by disqualification, thus keeping Edge looking strong for when he cashes in his MITB.

I dont know where WWE is going with heel Gregory Helms. I'm guessing he will get the pinfall with his shinning enziguiri.

The fans are the true winners of this match when Mae Young does a run-in, exposing herself to the live crowd. I'll say Maria continues her streak of fluke wins.

If Trish retains, Monday will mark one year for her as women's champion. Impressive, considering she spent much of the year injured. I think Mickie James will snap, go heel on Trish, and end her reign.

Yep, looks like a SPECTACULAR show to me.

They have all this space to fill, it wouldn't hurt to throw in a PPV "BONUS" match like Benjamin with his Mama against Chavo or Murdoch or something but im sure it'll be Snitsky/Tomko Vs Venis/Viscera instead.

Exactly.

The card doesn't look attractive but I still want to see this PPV because HHH/Show interests me and ofcourse the Elimination Chamber. I'm a fan of the Chamber match, I just like everything about it. I'm hoping someone wins the belt tonight

Guest DuDe

I'm willing to bet that Kane will get superkicked and pinned right as he enters the chamber.