TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

OAO NY Revolution Thread 8/1/2006

Putting the IC belt on Edge would be almost as dumb as putting the IC belt on Ric Flair.

I think the reasoning behind putting the IC and US titles on relatively big names is to try to get it some credibility like it had back throughout the 80s and through the early to mid 90s.

Putting the IC belt on Edge would be almost as dumb as putting the IC belt on Ric Flair.

I think the reasoning behind putting the IC and US titles on relatively big names is to try to get it some credibility like it had back throughout the 80s and through the early to mid 90s.

While that's a good theory, at no time since winning the belt has any of Flair's feuds been made to seem like they were for the belt.

The pre-show pix are up on WWE.com. The stage set up looks weird. The large screen is off to the side and the ramp doesn't come down straight to the ring.

It all looks off. Hopefully they're not done yet.

Loads Of Backstage News & Spoilers From New Years Revolution.

Partial Source: WrestlingObserver.com

Don't count Big Show out as Triple H is heading to WrestleMania and jobbing right now doesn't make him look weak going into WrestleMania.

It dosn't really explain why you shouldn't count Big Show out.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Masters vs. Carlito vs. Kane (Elimination Chamber Match)

Big Show vs. Triple H

Intercontinental Champion Ric Flair vs. Edge

Gregory Helms vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Ashley vs. Maria vs. Torrie Wilson vs. Victoria vs. Candice Michelle (Bra & Panties Gauntlet Match)

Women's Champion Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James

Not a really spectacular card. I'd love HBK to turn heel and win the Elimination Chamber, but not going to happen. I don't see why HHH would be booked to lose at this point, why Edge would need the IC belt due to MITB, who cares about Helms-Lawler, who cares about Bra & Panties ESPECIALLY with a damn Mae-Moolah run-in (like WTF?!?!), and I think its a forgone conclusion that Trish loses the belt.

As far as what was posted about Masters above: hasn't the WWE worn out the whole "he's the youngest ever WWE Champion" bit in recent years? First it was the Rock, then it was Lesnar, then it was Orton. I mean how far is this gonna go? Sooner or later a ten year old is going to be wearing the belt.

It's funny. I finally watched the Bret Hart DVD today and it got me so turned on to wrestling that it's making me want to order New Year's Revolution.

God bless you, Bret.

As far as what was posted about Masters above: hasn't the WWE worn out the whole "he's the youngest ever WWE Champion" bit in recent years? First it was the Rock, then it was Lesnar, then it was Orton. I mean how far is this gonna go? Sooner or later a ten year old is going to be wearing the belt.

They'll stop when Triple H's newborn son/daughter wins the title on a major fluke.

Intercontinental Championship to start off.

Edge has "R Rated Superstar" themed tights now. Lita wearing a "Rated R Superstar" shirt and TIGHT (as in, looks almost painted on) pants.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Its gotten to the point where I dread seeing Edge come out

Why's that?

He lost whatever he had towards the beginning and middle of the year, characterwise. Bringing Matt Hardy back and running that angle that way really did destroy everyone involved.

Intercontinental Championship to start off.

Edge has "R Rated Superstar" themed tights now. Lita wearing a "Rated R Superstar" shirt and TIGHT (as in, looks almost painted on) pants.

Lita has been disappointing me by not wearing any belly shirts recently. :(

This match hasn't been this bad so far and Flair just cracked me up....lol