TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Batista injured.. again

Sunday night at a SmackDown live event, World Heavyweight Champion Batista injured his triceps in a match against Mark Henry.

The extent of the injury is undetermined at this point. WWE.com will have more information on Batista's injury later today.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/batistainjury

Poor guy. I saw this briefly mentioned in a house show report on WWE.com but the writer was unsure if it was legit or not (leaning towards legit). It was probably not a good idea to work on the road while rehabing an injury, although I thought that 6-8 weeks had passed (or was just about to pass) and I recall that being the estimated rehab timeline. Maybe I was thinking of something else though.

This is what was in the house show report on WO.com:

"DUD!!!!! Horrible match with Batista appearing to injure his arm, which led to a bell shot for the finish. Injury happened when Batista was throat first on the second rope and Henry leaped on to him and slid off to the ring floor. Looked planned, but Batista took a weird bump to the apron, which apparently caused it. Crowd booed the hell out of it. Fit Finlay and Ricky Steamboat came down to check on Batista, who was holding his left arm. Batista went to the back as Henry took the heel heat. Batista stormed back to ringside and nailed Henry with the bell, a chair, and! a set of stairs Henry wasn't expecting."

Another potential serious WWE injury

[email protected]

Early reports are that the injury to Batista at today's Smackdown house show in Verona, NY, was a possible torn triceps.

We don't have any other details available. The injury appeared to be from landing wrong after Mark Henry jumped on him in their house show main event. The match had to be cut short and when they right to a finish of Henry using the ring bell for a DQ.

Batista has suffered at least two torn triceps earlier in his career, and is still recuperating from a torn lat. The full extent of the injury has not been determined and it may not be a tear. We don't know if it is the same arm that has been injured in the past or not.

Good lord help us if this means Transitional Champion Mark Henry. Seriosuly though where do they go from here? Have Orton lose to Benoit but upset Batista a week later to win the belt? Put Rey vs Batista in a partner vs partner situation and put the belt on Rey? JBL is way out of the main event picture no, so he's not even an option. wtf?

Guest wildpegasus

There's no point in even guessing on what the WWE is going to do. There's no point in even hoping the WWE will do something good.

They'll do something horrible.

It'll suck

It'll make no sense.

The only thing for sure is they'll try to spite the fans.

WP -- shaking his head after seeing the most nonsensical booking he's ever witnessed with the Benoit/Booker T/Orton situation

This is the exact same situation that TBS walked into that got him that transitional title reign in 2002.

This just proves Orton should been in Henry's spot in the first place.

At this point, SD has no main event faces besides UT and Mysterio and maybe Benoit if they gave him another top push.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Orton/Taker for the title @ Mania.

Instead of hot-shotting the title, how about openly admitting that Batista was injured by Henry(it's already on the damn web-site) and declaring the title vacant and have a one night tournament at NWO for the title?

A 8 man tournament with the four winners meeting in a 4 way elimination match (to change things up and add more drama to the finals)

Benoit over Booker

Orton over Hardy

Mysterio over Henry

Undertaker over JBL

Benoit Vs Orton Vs Mysterio Vs UT in the final four with Orton winning the match and the title pinning Mysterio to win the title. This would set up a re-match for Orton/Mysterio at WM and start the UT/Benoit set-up for WM as well.

Edited by Hawk 34

Guest wildpegasus
..declaring the title vacant and have a one night tournament at NWO for the title?

But that could be fun! We can't have that. No, no, no, that's not right. That's just not right.

*For some reason, remembers back to...2003 when Batista was first injured how people were hoping he'd retire and never come back to wrestling*

How times have changed...how times have changed.

Guest JMA
*For some reason, remembers back to...2003 when Batista was first injured how people were hoping he'd retire and never come back to wrestling*

Randy Orton has gone back and fourth with the IWC many times.

Not for me.

After he got rid of RNN I stopped really liking him that much.

Guest JMA

Not for me.

I've never seen the RNN skits, just heard about them.

Guest nokia

Who in theire "right" mind thought about putting Batista against The clumsy Mark Henry.....That's an accident waiting to happen, he almost dropped him when he tried to lift him some weeks ago...

Seriously; The main champion working injured is ALWAYS a bad idea...

Not for me.

I've never seen the RNN skits, just heard about them.

They were gold.

I still don't understand why WWE didn't run with that gimmick, it was great stuff.

The whole Mark Henry push has already been a fiasco on so many levels. First he did that goofy shit on SD this week where he couldn't open the cage. That was harmless and amusing really. But I had a sick feeling that Batista would get legit hurt working with this stiff. He'd been working hurt already and having to heave around Mark Henry's 400 lbs. isn't a good idea. It's their own fault for doing something this stupid.

Mark Henry might be the only guy who might win a world title and then be released 6 months later.

Guest Jack Potts

I was afraid this would happen. Batista really is too muscular for his frame, which is why I think he's so susceptible to these muscle tears. Batista's tall, but he doesn't have the naturally large frame of Lesnar or Goldberg. Although I enjoy his character, and the fun he has out there is infectious, I just never really bought him as a monster powerhouse wrestler.

Having Batista work injured against a big, clumsy lug like Mark Henry was a poor move on the WWE's part. He really should have been off the road anyway.

I like the idea of vacating the title and having a tournament. Chris Benoit is probably their best bet at this point as the titleholder.

I hope Batista recovers quickly.

An injury-prone guy on roids who already has a tear in his back and should not be wrestling anyway gets hurt again by a useless, irresponsible wrestler? Surely you jest.

Do those fucking morons called the WWE get it now?!

They could potentially hold up the title and give it to the winner of the Royal Rumble ala RR 1992, but logistically that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense because that wouldn't benefit RAW in any way.

They could potentially hold up the title and give it to the winner of the Royal Rumble ala RR 1992, but logistically that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense because that wouldn't benefit RAW in any way.

They could also have a constroversy with Raw as well, Cena can be a whiny babyface and proclaim that Edge's contract was no longer valid because it was signed by Bischoff. So the decision is overturned and the title remains on Cena (would give him even more heat) or the title is just vacated.... They have a rematch tonight out of fairness to Edge and there's a screwy finish or a double pin or draw. Next week, they have a rematch again but no winner. Vince or the new GM, announces the title is effectively vacated and Teddy Long arrives during this and because Batista was injured by Mark Henry(whom was subsequently suspended 90 days for his actions), the World title is also vacated as well.

Vince announces that the winner of the royal rumble will win his brand's respective title.

That would mean you have a star-studded line up ala '92 with 5-7 legit contenders per show (Cena/Edge/TBS/Hunter/Shawn/Kane/Angle for Raw and UT/Orton/Mysterio/JBL/Benoit for Smackdown). for the undercard? You can simply have MnM Vs Mexi-cools, Womans title match, CW title match and perhaps a special "winner gets #30 match between raw and smackdown" determined by random drawing to see who competes in that match.

or they can just not create any interest at all. that'll work just as well

Edited by Hawk 34