TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*Smackdown Spoilers*

Isn't Finlay a little too old to be making his WWE debut? He just turned either 47 or 48.

Anyway, he sucked 10 years ago. There's no reason to think he'd be any better today.

And since they know the show will have spoilers and everyone will know the results, it's stupid as fuck to end the main event with a DQ. Think I'll be skipping this SD.

I'm guessing the JBL/Boogeyman match will have some kind of non-decisive finish. Probably either a DQ or countout.

Yeha, I'd assume they'll probobly both do double duty and both participate in the Rumble as well, so the singles match probobly won't be much.

Guest wildpegasus

Fit Finlay!!! And it looks like they're pushing him the right way. I was marking out just reading the spoilers! As long as he didn't actually legit stiff Hardy I'm fine with this.

Now does anyone know if Benoit wrestled on Velocity this week?

Guest JMA

I'm guessing the JBL/Boogeyman match will have some kind of non-decisive finish. Probably either a DQ or countout.

Yeha, I'd assume they'll probobly both do double duty and both participate in the Rumble as well, so the singles match probobly won't be much.

Plus, they want to protect both guys. I guess they think a guy eating worms will help the ratings. Maybe Vince will hire Joe Rogan next.

Guest wildpegasus
Isn't Finlay a little too old to be making his WWE debut? He just turned either 47 or 48.

Anyway, he sucked 10 years ago. There's no reason to think he'd be any better today.

And since they know the show will have spoilers and everyone will know the results, it's stupid as fuck to end the main event with a DQ. Think I'll be skipping this SD.

You are insane my good friend. Fit Finlay coming back is the best thing to happen in wrestling in a long, long time. Finlay like Rip Rogers is the epitome of what wrestling is and should be. A wrestler's wrestler. A man's man. Adam West and Captain Kirk himself combined could not touch the manliness that is the man, the myth, the legend Fit f'n Finlay

Let me put it in terms that could be understood. Fit Finlay would take a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris and than ask for another. I would finish this story but the truth is nothing I could say would give Fit Finlay justice.

Guest JMA
Well I cant wait for Smackdown..

So I can not watch it.

I've regained quite a bit of my sanity by not watching SmackDown!. Ditto for RAW.

Guest JMA

I'd take Finaly over the former walking penises.

:huh:

He means the Shane Twins. They were humanoid penises called "The Johnsons" in TNA. The Dicks (the former Tolands) have a similar gimmick, just without the penis costumes.

Guest wildpegasus

Guys, even if you don't want to watch Smackdown I think you owe it to yourselves to watch when Fit Finlay is on. Tape it or whatever but it's not everyday we get to see Fit Finlay make a return to the ring. You don't want to be regretting missing Finlay the day after. Treat yourself. We all complain and rightfully so whenever the WWE does something horrible but when they finally do something right we're going to skip it? Don't let your detest of the WWE deter you from getting at least some enjoyment out of the product. Kick out of that 3 count!

I'm just really happy that they have explained how Angle can cross brands and win the other title.

Oh wait, it hasn't happened yet.

:: waits for explaination for why Angle can cross brands ::

I'm just really happy that they have explained how Angle can cross brands and win the other title.

Oh wait, it hasn't happened yet.

:: waits for explaination for why Angle can cross brands ::

There's no Raw GM, and the acting Raw GM is Vince who controls both shows. Thus, with Batista going down, Vince could easily just decide that Smackdown needs more star power and send over Kurt Angle.

Vince makes a decision and it doesn't need an explanation. Hey, it's just like real life.

Plus, I'm sure since tonight's Raw is the first televised show since last weeks Smackdown, we'll get an explanation tonight.

So the Rumble undercard looks like...

- Angle vs. Henry

- JBL vs. Boogey Man

- Edge vs. Cena

The Rumble match had better be good, because that looks abysmal. For the time it took Angle to eliminate Henry in the battle royal, I feel like I've already seen a complete match between them.

The Rumble will be good, they're trimming some of the dead weight out of there already (Venis, Viscera, Conway). There's also a wider variety of guys that could possibly win so it cuts down the predictability factor as well: HHH, HBK, Mysterio, Orton and UT are possible choices, provided they are all in it (we know HHH is). Based off of the way current booking is flowing, I don't see why those 5 would NOT be in it. They don't seem to have any programs set up for the Rumble.

I knew the Smackdown roster was desperate for depth...but Fit Finlay? I like Fit and all, but that is seriously the best they can do?

Something tells me RVD will be shipped back to Smackdown again just so they can have another jobber while they push Big Mark, Juvi in drag and the tag team that stopped being interesting faster than High Voltage.

my guess is this year will be the Bobby Lashley build up year, leading to a showdown with Batista next year at WM...I just hate the way he was punked out by Mark Henry during the battle royal, I can't say that enough. I mean, Henry made the guy his bitch.

they did the hoss classic "guy bounces off ropes and goes shoulder first into the other guy" deal...Lashley did it twice and almost fell to the ground both times while Henry didn't even budge and gave him that "you're my bitch" look..they traded a couple blows and Henry ended up getting him up in a suplex position, dropping him on the top rope (Lashley ended up hung up on the apron side of the rope)...Henry simply uppercutted him and Lashley didn't merely roll off, he went flying into the air like fucking Mike Tyson's Punch Out to the floor. It may not sound like it the way I typed it out, but trust me, Lashley looked like a puss compared to Mark Henry.

I did see the Lashley plunge on wwe.com but the .5 sec clip was merely a footnote in the "story" of the battle royal. They painted the story that Angle threw everyone out until he was put through the table by Henry. Then, Henry chucked everyone until it was he and Angle. Lashley never got recognition other than seeing him fly off the apron.

that was pretty much it, I believe Mysterio got a few people out as well (he eliminated MNM by himself)...dammit I watched it twice, i should remember more than i do! Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for Lashley to be pushed to the moon right now, but it was pretty pathetic. They're just trying to make Henry seem like a monster even though no one really buys it, at this stage. If anything, they should have made the face off equal with lashley going out on a missed clothesline attempt or something. Maybe have him on the apron, fighting to get back in only to get caught with that one punch that sends him out.

I'm surprised more people haven't ask the following: What is this shit with Mark Henry? Does anyone have any type of possible explanation for why they would put him over Rey? It's common knowledge that Henry is going to be released later this year, so isn't this horribly counterproductive to put him over ANYONE on your roster?

No really, can someone please explain the logic here? I'm telling you...they aren't going to release him. They'll probably think there's a big money feud with him vs. Batista when Dave gets back.

I'm surprised more people haven't ask the following: What is this shit with Mark Henry? Does anyone have any type of possible explanation for why they would put him over Rey? It's common knowledge that Henry is going to be released later this year, so isn't this horribly counterproductive to put him over ANYONE on your roster?

No really, can someone please explain the logic here? I'm telling you...they aren't going to release him. They'll probably think there's a big money feud with him vs. Batista when Dave gets back.

Yeah, I'm getting a very bad feeling that Henry is getting the belt and getting a new contract before the year is out. Although as much as Henry sucks, he has been very willing to work his ass off and do whatever has been needed of him. Just when he actually gets into shape, they don't like his shape and want him to look like the blob again. If Mark was even remotely passable in the ring, I'd say keep him.

if we're lucky, they'll feed him to Angle strictly to make Angle look that much stronger for his title match against underdog Rey Mysterio at WM.

I don't think we are that lucky. I just pray they didn't give it to Angle to make Henry look stronger when he beats him. Cause if that happens, I'm pretty sure this place will implode and explode at the same time.

God help us if they are setting up Rey vs Henry at Mania in a David vs Goliath type rematch. That would be the steaming loads to top all steaming loads. That might make Boogeyman vs JBL look like the Razor-HBK ladder match.

hey I like Boogey...when he's not wrestling!

I would not buy WM if it was Rey/Henry, regardless of what I said in the past.

There isn't anything that can get me to spend 50 bucks on a wrestling PPV. My limit is 30 and even then you gotta stack a card for me to consider it. And Boogey is awesome until he gets in the ring and reminds you he is really green and probably won't ever get better than he is now.

hey I like Boogey...when he's not wrestling!

I would not buy WM if it was Rey/Henry, regardless of what I said in the past.

There isn't anything that can get me to spend 50 bucks on a wrestling PPV. My limit is 30 and even then you gotta stack a card for me to consider it. And Boogey is awesome until he gets in the ring and reminds you he is really green and probably won't ever get better than he is now.

Okay, so it's not just me who this his pumphandle slam is really, REALLY ugly.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Not everyone can win every match.

Hardy lasted pretty damn long in the battle royal. What other mid to upper-carder do you guys think Hardy should be going over? Rey? Orton? Booker? Benoit? JBL?

I'd like to see The Yodeling Leg Drop vs. The Randy Orton Face in a battle to see which is more ridiculous.