TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

Cam'ron - You Gotta Love It Beyonce

Guest Coffey

You wanna fix the link so that it actually works or at least give us a brief description of what went down?

Thanks, man.

This could get ugly. Cam's asking for trouble with some of this shit, but I'll be damned if he's not reeling off some nice lines. "How the King of New York gon rock sandals and jeans when he's 42 years old?"

I've listened to it probably six or seven times last night and it'd work a lot better if it were tighter. At nearly eight minutes, there's just too much improv going on. The basic message of the track is that Jay's old, ugly, a thief, and possibly a hitman. I still like it, though, but I eagerly await Jay's response.

jay brings up cam'ron & gets this shit in return? cam'ron is a featherweight trying to move up to the heavyweight division. stop using nas's material, and "pick" on someone else.

There's a second diss track (I'm Not a Writer) that's about the same running time. This one makes Jay look bad, since it's just Cam playing clips of all the lines Jay's stolen from other artists and used as his own.

"No wonder he retired; there ain't nobody else to steal from!"

jay brings up cam'ron & gets this shit in return? cam'ron is a featherweight trying to move up to the heavyweight division. stop using nas's material, and "pick" on someone else.

Jay has nothing to do with Cam'ron's career. Cam started rapping with Big L, then got signed to Un cause Biggie heard him and thought he was great, and got signed to Roc cause Dame Dash had been his manager/friend since he was 16.

Jay and Cam were warring back before Roc signed him, weren't they? I remember hearing something about Jay being upset with Dame for signing him without letting him know.

According to Cam, the whole thing started when Dame made him vice-president of the Roc. The two have apparently been taking subtle jabs at each other for years. An entire song from Cam's S.D.E. is directed towards Jay.

Jay has nothing to do with Cam'ron's career. Cam started rapping with Big L, then got signed to Un cause Biggie heard him and thought he was great, and got signed to Roc cause Dame Dash had been his manager/friend since he was 16.

i understand cam'rons inception. but his two biggest albums came from rocafella. c'mon.

According to Cam, the whole thing started when Dame made him vice-president of the Roc. The two have apparently been taking subtle jabs at each other for years. An entire song from Cam's S.D.E. is directed towards Jay.

My friend worked for Roc-A-Fella, she said as soon as they signed Cam'ron the tension within the label started.

And you talking about "Let Me Know" right? He also dissed Drag-on and Mase on that song.

If I was Jay, I wouldn't respond. First of all, he has a label to run and artist names to get out there. Wasting time on Cam's publicity stunt isn't going to help. Second, dude, you are retired. If for some reason you lose this battle (though, I don't think it is possible. Cam is a alright battler because he is willing to cross the line and say some off the wall shit. Like with that "Take your daughter to R. Kelly. Let him have his way with her face" line when he dissed Nas but honestly....I believe that Jay would murk the guy) you are just screwing up what will be seen a pretty damn good legacy.

Third...Tru Life needs pub. Tru Life does not like Cam. Tru Life is fucking sick on the mic. Tru Life is on your label. Use this opportunity to let him MURDER Cam's ass, and make a name for himself.

I've heard "Swagger Jacker" from Cam. But that "im a biter not a Writer" Dj mix been out a couple months, before Cam added commentary and other lyrics (which is still funny) but that concept was already been taken. Cam is still fumming because Jay or somebody in his camp stabbed Cam's manager Un Rivera, and Jay Veto'd Cam from VP of the ROC. Jay Shouldn't even respond to this, just run Def Jam label which is still hit and miss since he's ran it.