TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

Grizzly Man

One of the best reviewed films of last year, Werner Herzog's documentary "Grizzly Man" is airing right now on Discovery Channel, repeating at 11pm and showing tomorrow at 8 and 11. It was ignored for the Best Documentary Oscar but it got some great reviews. Just wanted to let anyone who wanted to see this film know about this.

I saw it and it was great. As the guy spends more time in the wild, he slowly goes batshit crazy, until he decides that the bears are his best friends in the world and that he hates human society. I only wish I could have seen him get eaten.

Guest Smues

I've seen most of it. That guy drove me nuts I really wish there was a DVD extra of him getting mauled to death.

I rented it last week. It is a very good movie. There is a scene towards the end where he goes absolutely insane and spends about 10 minutes cursing and screaming at people for trying to keep him from his beloved bears, that alone makes the film worth watching. This guy is nuts, and it's fascinating to see a person this far gone. The only thing I think missing is the audio tape of his death. Had we gotten to hear that, I think the story would be emotionally complete and would probably have been one of my favorite movies of last year.

You'd think there would be money in a good spoof of this but it's so incidentally funny you couldn't intentionally make something funnier.

I never thought I'd be able to call someone the crazy version of Andy Dick but he's close....

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I started watching this because bears are friggin' awesome, but turned it off because people that baby-talk animals make me want to kill.

I believe all God's creatures have a soul...except bears. Bears are godless killing machines!

Great white sharks are creature with no soul. Grizzlies and Polar Bears look after their young.