TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Brokeback Mountain

It's getting a lot of attention because of its content, but I think it's getting praise because most people consider it to be a well made film.

Look at Rent. That movie came out and didn't get very good reviews at all. Or the latest movie, Imagine Me and You.

I haven't seen it, but from the clips that I've seen here and there I must say that "I wish I knew how to quit you!" is one of the worst lines of all time, both in quality and in the delivery of the line.

Didn't you already get flamed enough over at DVDTalk for passing judgment on a movie you haven't seen and taking the mentioned line out of context?

I have seen the majority of that scene, so I'm not just pulling that out of my ass by just seeing the trailer with that horrible music. To me, it's just a horribly over cliched line, with one of the worst deliveries of all time. It's not like I'm the only guy who thinks that. There were other people on DVDTalk that were even agreeing with me, one of which I believe is actually gay.

I haven't seen the flick yet, but I will before the awards show, simply because I do that every year.

I saw the movie the other day, and I thought it was good.

The sex scene didn't garner any laughter where I was watching it. It was just...like small little gasps and snickers. Though the Jack Nasty part made ppl laugh...

I loved how there was barely ANY TRANSITION from years. One scene, Ennis's daughters are on swings and young, and a few scenes later..they are grown up, and then Jack Twist randomly had a moustache.....

I think the hype is a detriment the movie. It makes people go into the theater and mentally fold their arms and say "C'mon, impress me". Which just leads to the sentiment of "people, it's not that good".

Concerning the ending :

I thought that when Heath found out that Jake had died that he flashbacked to that story he told because he thought something like that had happened to Jake. But I figured the story Anne tells him is how Jake really died.

The way Jack's wife told the story just seemed ultra-rehearsed and fake--like she knew it wasn't true. This led me to think that the "vision" was what actually happened.

The way Jack's wife told the story just seemed ultra-rehearsed and fake--like she knew it wasn't true. This led me to think that the "vision" was what actually happened.

Yeah, but for me her tone of voice left me wondering what she was thinking (Did she know what Ennis' real relationship with Jack was? Was she angry at Ennis?) I think it had obviously been some time (a couple of weeks at least) since Jack had died and maybe she had told the story about a hundred times and was on auto pilot.

BTW, I do think she knew about Jack & Ennis' relationship.

I haven't seen it, but from the clips that I've seen here and there I must say that "I wish I knew how to quit you!" is one of the worst lines of all time, both in quality and in the delivery of the line.

This line has become a commonplace saying amongst my group of friends due to its cheesiness and we were fucking dying once Jack said this, not to mention most of the film. I'm sure we were considered by some to be like the kids who laughed at Schindler's List.

Also I must agree Ella's Enchanted tits were very nice.

Now, I admit I haven't seen it yet, and no I am not so stubborn as to say I cannot be convinced otherwise, and/or I do not REFUSE to see it or anything, however I will say that from the moment I first saw the trailer it really didn't come off as anything more then a chick flick, with a homosexual twist. In otherwords, not something so epic that it belongs in the Academy Awards. I am not saying I would necessarily think it is awful or anything, but I usually make it a point to see the films nominated for Best Picture every year, and for numerous reasons I am way behind this time around. Of all five Brokeback Mountain seems the least appealing to me, and no not because of the homosexual stuff, because quite frankly I can care less.

Also I must agree Ella's Enchanted tits were very nice.

Well the movie "Havoc" was on the other day on Starz, and if you can get over 90% of the plot being "rich white kids are bored and want to be cool so they act like thugs" then I would say it is well worth it to see multiple scenes of Anna Hath's titties.....