TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigm350

Hogan DVD match listings

I don't get the fascination everyone has with wanting obscure matches from house shows and such. It seems like everytime one of the match lists comes out for these sets people get angry because so and so match is already available of VHS or DVD somewhere. If I'm going to drop $30 on a DVD, I want all the big matches in one definitive set.

I don't get the fascination everyone has with wanting obscure matches from house shows and such. It seems like everytime one of the match lists comes out for these sets people get angry because so and so match is already available of VHS or DVD somewhere. If I'm going to drop $30 on a DVD, I want all the big matches in one definitive set.

'Hulk Still Rules' did actually have some stuff you won't find anywhere else while missing some of Hogans biggest matches. It had alot of funny old interviews and segments and some obscure matches which is what some here seem to want. So if you get this new one which has every big Hogan match and have that old one, that really is the most complete Hogan set that could possibly be compiled.

Well, the way that I look at it is that this is a set aimed at Hogan fans who didn't buy "Hulk Still Rules". I personally try and get all the speciality, superstar specific, non PPV releases WWE puts out, so of course 1/4 of this new set I will already have. But you know what? There's still 21 other matches that I DON'T have.

I learned to not get pissed over it when the latest Undertaker set came out and was full of stuff I already had. But it still had 8 or 9 matches I didn't have, so oh well. As long as the majority of what is on the set is new to me, I usually pick it up.

I am a little pissed that they didn't include more of the nWo in WCW stuff. The War Games and tag match vs Rock/Austin was, of course, already on the nWo DVD that of course, I own---so the only new match I get is the Sting one. Why not his first nWo title win vs. The Giant, or one of the Piper matches?

With the one or two Sting matches I get on every other Wrestler Specific release(Flair, Road Warriors, Cactus Jack, Jake Roberts, and now Hogan) I may one day have that Sting dvd release I hoped for from WWE before his TNA arrival...just on many different discs.

Guest Super Leather

We're DORKS. That's all that really ought to be said. And yes, I'm including myself in this group of people that want that kind of obscure stuff. I don't think all of these DVDs should have really obvious big matches that are readily available on other releases. Sure, a Hogan DVD needs to have his first WWF title win and WM3 vs. Andre, but let's also get some goodies that we haven't seen before...or in the case of the Dr. D match I loved so much, matches we literally haven't seen in almost twenty years. Make it worth it for the longtime fans, as well as the ones that are just catching up. Everyone wins that way I think.

Is Hulk Still Rules out of print? I forget whether that overlapped with the WWF/WWE cross-over or not.

Yeah, it is, but you can get it for real cheap on E-Bay or Amazon last time I checked. I plan to.

Guest Super Leather
Is Hulk Still Rules out of print? I forget whether that overlapped with the WWF/WWE cross-over or not.

Yeah, it is, but you can get it for real cheap on E-Bay or Amazon last time I checked. I plan to.

I might be wrong, but I believe you can also get a copy from Highspots.com. Check around, it's not that hard to find, surprisingly.

According to what a friend of mine told me from what he read up on, each disc is complete with promos, vignettes and interviews to explain the storyline at the time, like on the Ric Flair DVD.

I have hulk still rules and it has a number of matche son this new set, but this set still looks cool, especially with the added bonus of the clips and promos that led to the matches.

actually let me just list all the matches on HSR for comparison

1.Hulk Hogan vs Ted Dibiase 12-17-79 (Hogan's MSG Debut)

2. Hulk vs two jobbers on wwe tv

3. Hogan vs Andre (Shea Stadium)

4. Bob Backlund vs Wild Samoans (Hogan returns to WWF as Backlunds mystery partner)

5.Hogan vs Iron Shiek (first wwf title win)

6. Hogan vs Tiger Chung Lee (included in an extra of hogan on TNT, just a quick min squash))

7. Hogan vs Big John Studd in a rainstorm in Puerto Rico

8. Hogan and Mean Gene vs Mr Fuji and George Steele (plus thos egreat training vignettes)

9. Hogan vs Paul Orndorrf (The Big Event 8/86)

10. Hogan vs Andre (WM 3)

11. MegaPowers (Hulk,Savage,Koko B Ware, Hercules, and Hillbilly Jim) vs Big Bossmans team (Boss,Haku, Red Rooster, Dibiase, Akeem) (Survivor Series 88)

12. Royal Rumble 1990 (from Hogans entrance to end)

13. Hogan vs Undertaker (Tuesday In Texas, Hogan's 4th WWF Title win)

14. Hogan vs Flair (Bash At The Beach 1994, first wcw title win)

plus fun promos amd TNT skits

We're DORKS. That's all that really ought to be said. And yes, I'm including myself in this group of people that want that kind of obscure stuff. I don't think all of these DVDs should have really obvious big matches that are readily available on other releases. Sure, a Hogan DVD needs to have his first WWF title win and WM3 vs. Andre, but let's also get some goodies that we haven't seen before...or in the case of the Dr. D match I loved so much, matches we literally haven't seen in almost twenty years. Make it worth it for the longtime fans, as well as the ones that are just catching up. Everyone wins that way I think.

One reason I think Flair's dvd sold so well was that it had a lot of matches people did not see because of how wrestling was back in the day(the wwf was on a much bigger national scale with NBC and whatnot). It wouldn't hurt using that same strategy to sell Hogan's DVD too in which people will get to see Hogan matches that have rarely been seen or never seen.

i might buy it when it comes out over here in england, but saying that do i really wanna buy it when hogans "moves" only ever include punches and kicks in most of his matches

I want more Hollywood Hogan!

Superbrawl match vs Piper

Giant vs Hogan (nWo Souled Out)

vs Luger on Nitro where Hollywood loses the title

Havoc vs Warrior (why not?)

3-Way over the top match from Uncensored

Hogan and Rodman vs Luger and Giant

Hog Wild vs The Giant

Cage match vs Piper

Superbrawl 8 vs Sting

Hogan vs Savage from Uncensored 98

Goldberg vs Hogan

I love Hollywood Hogan.

Do they not own the rights to Hansen/Hogan or something? Or Muta/Hogan? Seriously, why aren't those matches anywhere on this 4 dvd edition.

Some matches really don't need yet another DVD treatment.

I want more Hollywood Hogan!

Superbrawl match vs Piper

Giant vs Hogan (nWo Souled Out)

vs Luger on Nitro where Hollywood loses the title

Havoc vs Warrior (why not?)

3-Way over the top match from Uncensored

Hogan and Rodman vs Luger and Giant

Hog Wild vs The Giant

Cage match vs Piper

Superbrawl 8 vs Sting

Hogan vs Savage from Uncensored 98

Goldberg vs Hogan

I love Hollywood Hogan.

That set needs to have the Hogan/Nash vs. Piper/Giant baseball bat match from Spring Stampede 98.