TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the New York Knicks

Bill Simmons is letting people vent over the Francis trade. A few samples:

"Sadly, I am an ex-New Yorker who is still a huge Yanks and Knicks fan. How long before Stephon is throwing bullet passes at Stevie's head for taking 15 shots in a row, followed by Stephon taking 16 shots in a row, followed by Eddy Curry walking off the court to grab some slices of pizza followed by Jerome James just laughing hysterically at the far end of the bench as he realizes for the umpteenth time he is making $8 million a year for the next 4 years. Dude, this might be "Lost" on a basketball court. There is something deeper behind this madness."

Jermaine, Eugene, OR

"Watching the Knicks is like watching your friend poke a sleeping animal with a stick to wake it up, only you know that it's acutally dead. It's like Brown and Isiah are playing No-Limit Hold 'em and Thomas keeps going all-in on every hand and LB folds every time. I think Zeke has accidentally mixed his fantasy basketball account with his Knicks GM account."

Kevin Botti, Brookyn, NY

"Isn't the Knicks' acquisition of Steve Francis a little bit like what adding Jackie Chan and Steven Seagal to the cast of "Walker, Texas Ranger" would have been like for viewers? The Knicks now have three guards who should probably never be on the court together because they need constant attention. Chuck Norris and the other two need the camera on them at all times as well, or else they'd probably pound the crap out of each other. Though judging by the faces Larry Brown was making at the press conference yesterday, maybe those three on the court at the same time will happen sooner rather than later. He realizes he took the Knicks home from the bar, slept with them, and now that it's morning, he doesn't want to cook them breakfast."

Joe, East Lansing, MI

"My name is Josh and I'm 29 years old. I was a Knicks fan. Tell my parents that I love them and please make sure my cat finds a good home."

Josh R., Jersey City, NJ

Full article is here.

He wouldn't show us the people who might have liked the trade. I mean seriously, we gave up shit for him. Simmons is funny, but too pro-Boston, anti-NY for me to take him seriously.

Eddie Griffin and filler to Chicago for Othella Harrington and filler.

Derek Anderson to the Heat.

Brian Skinner to the Blazers (I think).

He wouldn't show us the people who might have liked the trade. I mean seriously, we gave up shit for him. Simmons is funny, but too pro-Boston, anti-NY for me to take him seriously.

What makes you so sure there is anyone out there who liked the trade besides you CW?

I've heard people say they like it. That happens with a trade. Some people do, some people don't. Unfortunately, because the Knicks made the trade for Francis, it's a horrible trade. No one was shitting on the Bucks for trading Gary Payton, when they already had Sam Cassell.

Tony Manero will have lots of time to spend hanging around the Lakers' front office when he gets kicked off the board for a week.

If the Lakers get Boozer OR T-Mac then I win. If they get both, I become moderator for a week.

If The Lakers acquire neither, then yes, you can ban me for a week. A week.

You can't change the rules like that. You lost. bye

Didn't the Bucks trade away Ray Allen for Gary Payton and his EXPIRING contract? That's completely different.

You can't rationally defend this trade as good for the team, so let's just not even get into it.

The Knicks payroll will now be pushing 130 million. They made themselves into a team that can contend for the 8th spot next year. It's not worth it at all. The trade should be looked at in those terms.

Of course Francis is better than Penny right now, but it's not going to make the Knicks a contender in the long run. Isiah doesn't seem to plan for the long run ever.

Guest Vitamin X

Tony Manero will have lots of time to spend hanging around the Lakers' front office when he gets kicked off the board for a week.

If the Lakers get Boozer OR T-Mac then I win. If they get both, I become moderator for a week.

Czech's got a point.

Have him own up to the bet, al/Kingpk/any other mod.

The Watson deal is a four-team deal now including the Kings.

to Seattle

Earl Watson

Bryon Russell

2nd round pick from Denver

to Denver

Reggie Evans

Ruben Patterson

Charles Smith

to Portland

Voshon Lenard

Brian Skinner

to Sacramento

Vitaly Potapenko

Sergei Monia

Sonics trade Flip Murray to Cleveland for Mike Wilks, a 2nd rounder and cash.

Sixers trade Lee Nailon and a 1st-rounder to Cleveland for a conditional 1st-rounder

The Sonics are strapped hard for cash. Why the FUCK are they trading for a guy they could have signed in the offseason? I guess it's ok for what they gave, but that astounds me.

Didn't the Bucks trade away Ray Allen for Gary Payton and his EXPIRING contract? That's completely different.

You can't rationally defend this trade as good for the team, so let's just not even get into it.

Sure I can. They got a very good player, and upgraded their 2 guard position. There.

WTF are the Kings going to do with Potapenko and Menia? I liked Skinner more. I hope they are expiring contracts or something.

Potapenko - one year remaining, $3.3 million.

Skinner - two years remaining, $11.3 million.

Monia is a wash, contractually. Corliss ($6.5 mil) comes off of the books in 2007, too. Having money to throw at the much-heralded 2007 free agent class makes this a great move by the Kings.

The Watson deal is a four-team deal now including the Kings.

to Seattle

Earl Watson

Bryon Russell

2nd round pick from Denver

to Denver

Reggie Evans

Ruben Patterson

Charles Smith

to Portland

Voshon Lenard

Brian Skinner

to Sacramento

Vitaly Potapenko

Sergei Monia

This trade has brought me hours of amusement: one of the moderators on the Kings message board I spend most of my time at has a source who broke the story of the Kings being involved in this trade when it was still being reported on ESPN and such as a three-team deal... she reported Skinner was being traded just after the trade deadline expired, and had people crawling out of the woodwork to refute her, only to look like idiots when it turned out she was right all along... Even a guy who I'm told has a radio show on KHTK (and posts on the board under a psuedonym, of course) got caught looking foolish...

And, most of the people who were refuting her I think are idiots, anyway, so... good times...

Czech's got a point.

Have him own up to the bet, al/Kingpk/any other mod.

How'd I miss this? See you in a week. A week.

Going to be a long night, it seems. Pacers just had a 4-on-1 break and couldn't get a basket.

BTW, did anyone see Jackson Vroman last night try to showboat on the rim after a fast break dunk, only to fall off and break his wrist?

The Sonics better be hoping they can shed cash fast and sign some good free agents come next year. Especially if they want renovations/a new arena as no one is going to pay for losing 52 games.

CW, where did you hear about that Harrington-Griffin trade? I'm finding nothing about it yet.

I thought it was going to happen, saw it somewhere. KG was pissed about it. I guess it didn't happen.

*closes eyes*

So...the hawks have what is going to be the most coveted free agent in the league in the offseason on their team...they KNOW he isn't going to sign back...playing him is hindering the growth of the guys that are going to be the future of your team...multiple teams offered you very good players for him that could help the team now...and you don't fucking trade him?

Good god I am happy that my other favorite team is the Suns.

So...the hawks have what is going to be the most coveted free agent in the league in the offseason on their team...

Wow, this *is* a weak FA class, isn't it.

In seriousness, though, Pollard and Croshere come off the books (over $14 million) this summer, and I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing him back here depending on how much money he's going to command.

EDIT: I stand corrected...Croshere has one more year. Disregard that. However, that does mean Bender and Croshere both come off next summer, which is about $15 million. That could be huge with that FA class.