TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the New York Knicks

How about this one: AI to Chicago for Deng/Thomas/1st round pick.

The get the expiring Thomas deal and they get a young 2/3 in Deng to go with Iggy. Just looking at the stats, so Bulls fans can correct me if I am wrong, Chicago looks like they need a consistent scorer in the starting lineup. I don't know how highly the Bulls value Deng, but it might be interesting.

It would also be interesting, as Chicago is just a couple games behind Philly for the 8th playoff spot. So it could be reasonably seen as giving up the season to give up Iverson to the team trying to chase you down. But losing the opportunity to get romper stomped by Detroit in the 1st round isn't a huge loss. Plus I don't see Iverson being crushed going to a place like Chicago.

An unrelated tidbit, can anyone tell me why the hell Ha Seung-Jin is starting for Portland? Is this Nate McMillan's sick joke?

I understand Ratliff and Pryzbilla didn't play tonight, but DAMN.

An unrelated tidbit, can anyone tell me why the hell Ha Seung-Jin is starting for Portland? Is this Nate McMillan's sick joke?

I understand Ratliff and Pryzbilla didn't play tonight, but DAMN.

They don't have anyone else at center. He started the last game or two before the break as well.

Latest rumors from RealGM:

T-Wolves: Marko Jaric to Knicks for Quentin Richardson

Cavs: Drew Gooden to Warriors for Derek Fisher

Sonics: Reggie Evans, Flip Murray, & Vitaly Potapenko to Nuggets for Earl Watson

Magic: Steve Francis & Pat Garrity to Knicks for Jamal Crawford, Maurice Taylor & Trevor Ariza

Guest tony manero

From the source that is me:

McGrady to Lakers

Francis to Houston

Odom to Orlando

or a slight variation thereof with a bunch of crap (picks, expiring contracts) thrown in.

My source has a team signing Benoit Benjamin and then trading him to the Knicks for all their expiring contracts.

Then Cena's Writer will post about how that's a good trade

You know who I miss?

Xavier McDaniel. I used to have a jersey that was signed by the X-Man when I went to one of the Sonics basketball camps.

X-Man was THE Man, specifically when he was a Sonic. Later with the Knicks he only had the one good year.

I remember Xavier beating the ever loving shit out of Orlando Woolridge in a basketbrawl that just made me scared of the man for years to come.

McGrady to Lakers

Francis to Houston

Odom to Orlando

or a slight variation thereof with a bunch of crap (picks, expiring contracts) thrown in.

Wow. I can't believe you are still pumping this trade to us, despite there being zero talk of McGrady moving anywhere and Odom trade talk dead since Artest was moved.

The Francis trade is done, and it's for Penny and Ariza.

Actually, it's either that or a package including Crawford and Taylor. It's going to be announced this afternoon, and chances are, if Penny isn't included, the KG talk is still going, and with the rumored Q-Rich for Jaric deal, it could be part of a larger deal.

So they didn't get rid of Crawford, and they used up their one trading chip (the Penny contract)?

That's a vintage Isiah move. Ugh.

If it's the Penny deal, they're trying to trade off Crawford for Earl Watson or John Salmons. This shit is crazy.

And there was also a story, the story where Q and Marbury got into a fight. Marbury said he wasn't getting it done in practice, and Q said that this was his worse year in the NBA since his first year, and ironically, it's with Marbury at his side. They got into an argument, and Q was going to beat the shit out of Marbury, so he had to be restrained for 3 hours. They had to keep Stephon in a room for 3 hours. Finally, Q's sister called and calmed him down.

as a Knicks fan, should I start caring again?

sorry, the way this team has been ran, I've really started to become that kinda fan and i HATE that kinda fan...I mean, I'm a Bills fan for gods sake, I should be able to get through this kinda stuff, but the Knicks have turned me completely off.

You gotta stick with it through thick and thin man. None of this wishy wash stuff.

HAHA

I know man, but come on...this is bad...this is WWE booking bad...Isiah should apply for a job up in Stamford.

the Francis deal just smacks of a continuing trend in Isiah trades....... aimless. Its not that the players he gets suck individually some are good, but It really does seem like he's playing fantasy basketball, just looking at a stats sheet. there's never been any direction or identity of the team. hiring larry brown continued this aimless streak because LB basketball is so contradictory to the makeup of the roster... even LB was like a fantasy basketball hiring (err if fantasy bball had coaches) "ooh he's a big name, he's coached teams that done well, lets get him!" all SURFACE stuff without looking at anything else.

Isiah needed to have a plan of what kind of team he wanted, then make transactions that fit that plan. There is no plan though. i woulda committed myself to creating a high octane up-tempo run and gun team, since its NY and MSG, creating a fun exciting team to watch (regardless of winning/losing) pays for itself over and over in NYC.

no offense meant to anybody here, but Isiah is a "message board GM". He GMs the way that people who post on RealGM.com or espn's boards would GM.

McGrady to Lakers

Francis to Houston

Odom to Orlando

Francis just went to New York. Oops

I don't know what that guy was smoking but that trade wasn't happening in a million years.