4. Curious George (2006) $15.3M $33.5M

5. Final Destination 3 (2006) $12.5M $38.2M

6. Firewall (2006) $10.3M $28.6M

7. Freedomland (2006) $7M $7M

8. Big Momma's House 2 (2006) $5.85M $62.7M

9. When a Stranger Calls (2006) $5.8M $42.1M

10. Nanny McPhee (2005) $5.1M $39.3M

http://www.imdb.com/chart/

Share your thoughts on any of these films before the inevitable off-topic arguments begin.

I can't believe Paul Walker and Jason Bigs have the #1 movie of the week.

You're assuming anyone even knew they were in it.

Cute animals = $$$

Cute animals = $$$

But is Eight Below better than Snow Dogs which made $23,708,174 (USA) (20 January 2002) (2,302 Screens) and what about Chilly Dogs?

The Cuba Goodening movie with the talking dogs was not as successful.

Oh, but it was!

Business Data for

Snow Dogs (2002)

Opening Weekend

$23,708,174 (USA) (20 January 2002)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281373/business

Damn you caught be between edits :phaser: It seems people love watching sled dogs carrying B-list stars. Come on Cuba Goodening, Paul Walker, Jason Bigs, Skeet Urluch are some goofy actors!.

The sad thing is Paul Walker MIGHT have two number one movies in a row with his other one (which actually looks alright) coming out on Friday.

The sad thing is Paul Walker MIGHT have two number one movies in a row with his other one (which actually looks alright) coming out on Friday.

I love how the preview bills at as "Paul Walker's best/greatest performance", as if that is actually saying anything of value.

As I told Czech, Curious George is getting my seasonal movie theater trip.

I can relate. It takes a lot before I'm willing to leave the comfort of my 52" TV.

From what I've seen from the trailer it looks pretty good. Also from what I've heard Walker isn't bad in it so I'll be checking it out this weekend.

I can relate. It takes a lot before I'm willing to leave the comfort of my 52" TV.

Eh, it isn't really the dearth of other entertainment one can find at home so much as 1) not a lot of new releases making me excited and 2) movie theaters, especially the larger ones, scare the fuck out of me and make me miss the 20th century. You know, back when moviegoing wasn't a multimedia advertising assault that spanned the entire range of ways people could blow their money or erode their brains/bodies.

Fuck all of you out there who keep going to see Pink Panther.

And fuck everyone who went to see DATE MOVIE.

Not one thing about that trailer looked remotely funny and it STILL makes 22.3 million.

Guest Smues

My girlfriend dragged me to Eight Below, and hey, Huskies ARE cute. The Paul Walker/ Jason Biggs stuff was god awful, the stuff with the dogs was great. So split the difference and call it good. Way too long though. Take out the humans and just films the dogs running around in the snow for 90 minutes, it'd probably still make 20+ million and it wouldn't add to Paul Walkers checkbook.

My girlfriend dragged me to Eight Below, and hey, Huskies ARE cute. The Paul Walker/ Jason Biggs stuff was god awful, the stuff with the dogs was great. So split the difference and call it good. Way too long though. Take out the humans and just films the dogs running around in the snow for 90 minutes, it'd probably still make 20+ million and it wouldn't add to Paul Walkers checkbook.

Yeah, my fiance went while at school. That was her exact review of the film as well. She said Paul Walker looked lost and confused as always while Jason Biggs had a look of wondering if he still had a career.

How can you hate DATE MOVIE it has Alyson Hannigan as the star?!?!?! This place is full of Buffy marks....how can you be hating on willow?

Fuck that, she should have known better.

Eh, it isn't really the dearth of other entertainment one can find at home so much as 1) not a lot of new releases making me excited and 2) movie theaters, especially the larger ones, scare the fuck out of me and make me miss the 20th century. You know, back when moviegoing wasn't a multimedia advertising assault that spanned the entire range of ways people could blow their money or erode their brains/bodies.

Kind of going for the same thing as your second point, there.

I really do like Alyson Hannigan, but why should I pay 10 bucks to watch her in this dumb movie when I can just sit at home and google image her and then masturbate furiously to the photo results?

I was one of the suckers who went to DATE MOVIE. A group of friends wanted to go catch something so I went. A couple little chuckles and ONE thing I laughed pretty hard at. But it was mostly gross-out and generally something to stay away from.

I do think Curious George needs to climb more, hopefully it'll get some word of mouth. I saw it getting really good reviews (not that I or too many people I know care about them) and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it last week.

Date Movie is a piece of shit. No, it doesn't even deserve to be called that. It's WORSE than a piece of shit. Think of the lamest comedy possible...and then make it worse. Add in a shitload of unfunny jokes, popculture references that will be made null and void by the end of the year, sophomoric humor that's so bad that ONLY those between the ages of 11 and 14 will laugh at it, and no discernable plot...and you have this.

Where Not Another Teen Movie succeeded by parodying teen movies to a tee while ALSO having likeable characters, this movie flopped in every category. The parodies weren't even parodies per se, just scenes taken from other (more successful and funnier) movies. Only at the end there'd be a lame twist, like a fart or a booger. One scene in particular that fell entirely flat was a parody of Meet the Fockers...and it's because it wasn't even a parody, but a dumbed-down version of the actual scene. She meets his parents, who are dressed and act exactly like the Fockers, and they do the same things (the dad does Capoeria, the mom's a sexual therapist). It falls FLAT because it's NOT A PARODY.

There are good parodies (the aforementioned Not Another Teen Movie, Airplane!, and Naked Gun), and there are terrible ones (Scary Movie 2, Scary Movie 3, and 2001: A Space Travesty). This falls into the latter camp.

I really do like Alyson Hannigan, but why should I pay 10 bucks to watch her in this dumb movie when I can just sit at home and google image her and then masturbate furiously to the photo results?

What about matinee?

I was observing in a middle school today and a group of sixth grade girls loved it.

So there's a hint on what kind of people like that film.

Oh, God...I could make fun of middle school kids all day. And I teach special ed., for Christ's sake.

The best way to make fun of middle school kids is to factually describe their bahavior. The comedy takes care of itself.

It wouldn't be so damn tempting if they weren't so convinced they were the cool ones and everyone else in the world is a dork. High school kids at least have a sense of humility about their dorkiness.