TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

I like Paris less and less every time I see her. She's so fucking phony. I can't wait until she gets cut and starts balling her eyes out on stage.

Before I wander off to Amazing Race, my thoughts so far:

Katherine - 6.5

Kinnick - eh - 5

Lisa - decent - 6.0

Melissa - country is her niche - 7.5

Heather - man that sucked - 3.0

Brenna - mmmm, skanky!! - 3.5

It's Aww Shucks Barbie. Show her hugging McPhee again, that was the highlight of the show for me so far.

Pickler's going to do well in this show, which means she'll get the lion's share of the "hot blonde" vote, so Cox is done. If she takes Brenna with her, I'll be satisfied.

Yeah, I dug the last song, she hit the goosebump note, but the best performance was Pickler. She went from cute to adorable and when she had her hair messed, she showed a bit of the country-girl wildside. It's like they grew her in a lab.

Pickler's going to do well in this show, which means she'll get the lion's share of the "hot blonde" vote, so Cox is done. If she takes Brenna with her, I'll be satisfied.

Pickler's getting the Julia DeMateo push, so she could suck royally and still make the Top Twelve.

Guest Rrrsh

From Tonight, it went

Kallie

Lisa

Parris

Ayla

Katharine

Mandisa

Mellisa

Kinnik

Brenna

Heather

I know it goes against half the reason I watch the show in the first place, but I look forward to the guys weeks more than the girls. They're just the better singers!

But man, Kellie Pickler has a nice ass.

Guest SavageRulz

OK...my views on last night. All in all, this bunch of girls stink. I don't see a true winner in the whole bunch. That being said...

Ayla: Sang some Celine Dion song. I thought it was off key almost the entire song, but this girl still has the best set of pipes in the competition IMO. To stay in this she must choose better songs.

Brenna: Totally butchered Donna Summer's "Last Dance." The song was almost unrecognizable. If this girl was only one zillionth as good as she THINKS she is, she'd still suck. She MUST go home this week. She simply MUST.

Heather: I think this girl may be delusional. She "attempted" Mariah Carey's "Hero." CRASH and BURN. She said she thought she did a good job. Like I said...delusional.

Katherine: I had hoped for so much more. She sang a Stevie Wonder song called "All in Love is Fair." They can choose from hundreds of songs and she chooses this???? So boring I dozed off.

Kellie: Sang "Something to Talk About." She ain't no Bonnie Raitt. The judges like her and for the life of me I don't understand why. As a singer, she is average at best. I suppose she's cute in a "Mall Whore" sort of way, but the Hillbilly, "aw shucks" act is growing very tiresome for me.

Kinnik: Sang Gretchen Wilson's "I'm Here for the Party." There's something interesting about Gretchen Wilson's songs...they are incredibly easy to sing. Anytime I see some gal come out and do karaoke to "Red Neck Woman," I know one thing for certain..She has a weak voice and she knows it. That's why she chose "Red Neck Woman" or "I'm Here for the Party." Both are simple "Old MacDonald" type songs. Anyone can sing them and sound halfway decent. Kinnik was halfway decent, but I don't she think she fooled anyone.

Lisa: Sang what is IMO one of Michael Jackson's best..."Who's Loving You." For a 16 year old, she did herself proud. Some weak spots, but for the most part a real good job. One of the best of the night.

Mandisa: I think she sang Faith Hill's "Cry." She said that's what she was singing. You coulda fooled me. I like Mandisa. She seems like a real nice Lady. But, I don't think the judges are doing her any favors by blowing smoke up her BUTT. She's simply not that good.

Paris: Sang "Wind Beneath my Wings" She did the impossible. She made me hate that song even more than I already did.

Melissa: Sang some Reba..."Why Haven't I Heard From You." This was actually quite good. At the risk of sounding like Randy Jackson...Melissa entertained me. The best of the night.

The very best moment of the night was when Simon Cowell totally destroyed Paula Abdul. He cut that silly twit right off at her stubby knees. She was so upset that she refused to sit by him. It was a thing of beauty. I can totally see why Paula can't keep a man.

okay, see I missed the Paula/Simon fallout (hence why I asked what was up with the seating arrangement)...what happened? Did he finally snap and call her out for being the fucking sappy retard that she is?

okay, see I missed the Paula/Simon fallout (hence why I asked what was up with the seating arrangement)...what happened? Did he finally snap and call her out for being the fucking sappy retard that she is?

basically he did.

after he told one singer ( Iforget who) that he could have heard that performance coming off a roler coaster at disneyland, paula said I'd like to see you on a coaster and he replied as they strated ot play the idol theme "Only if you fell off"

I dont think anyone caught him saying that but I did

the show sucked mightily last night, plus I wasnt paying full attention, but I will just say Mandisa was the best voice last night IMO

Guest Princess Leena

Can you kids be a little more positive next show?

I need to copy some of this so I can fit in with fucking everyone who yammers on forever about this garbage during lunch.

Guest SavageRulz

OH, you missed a good one! Simon was giving his opinion and as usual..Paula was telling him he was crazy and wrong. Then, she starts tugging at his arm and stuff and you could just see him getting more and more annoyed. He finally pushes her off him and says something about how he wishes she would just stop. He said she was like a child who wanted attention and he was so weary of her. He totally embarrassed her and made a total fool of her.

She tries to laugh it off and act like it's just Simon being Simon, but all of a sudden, she gets out of her chair and tells Randy to change places with her cause she doesn't want to sit next to Simon.

She made the whole thing worse and acted like the spoiled, petulant child Simon accused her of being. She totally shamed herself. It's all over the internet today. Everyone is talking about how glad they are that Simon finally went off on her.

You never see Simon say anything while Paula is speaking, but the second he opens his mouth to speak, she starts interupting him and saying how wrong he is. I guess he reached his limit last night. Fact of the matter is...she's in love with him and can't keep her hands off him and he won't give her the time of day.

Guest SavageRulz

OH, you missed a good one! Simon was giving his opinion and as usual..Paula was telling him he was crazy and wrong. Then, she starts tugging at his arm and stuff and you could just see him getting more and more annoyed. He finally pushes her off him and says something about how he wishes she would just stop. He said she was like a child who wanted attention and he was so weary of her. He totally embarrassed her and made a total fool of her.

She tries to laugh it off and act like it's just Simon being Simon, but all of a sudden, she gets out of her chair and tells Randy to change places with her cause she doesn't want to sit next to Simon.

She made the whole thing worse and acted like the spoiled, petulant child Simon accused her of being. She totally shamed herself. It's all over the internet today. Everyone is talking about how glad they are that Simon finally went off on her.

You never see Simon say anything while Paula is speaking, but the second he opens his mouth to speak, she starts interupting him and saying how wrong he is. I guess he reached his limit last night. Fact of the matter is...she's in love with him and can't keep her hands off him and he won't give her the time of day.

Guest SavageRulz

One of my friends, who really IS studying opera and voice with a teacher who's got her down to training muscle by muscle, says on her blog:

At times, I do watch American Idol out of curiousity. This time around I haven't been impressed by any of the finalists. This is usually the point where I stop watching, especially since there is nobody I really want to root for. Simon said to one girl tonight that she was too perfect technically and needed to work on being raw and emotional. Ha! They could all use technical help. I really don't want to listen to any of them

I think the one character I'm most disapointed in was the girl that claimed she sang opera. About her performance: What was that? It wasn't operatic. It wasn't pop. It was off pitch and bad. I hear so many people (who don't know any better) say that she should stick to opera. I think she tried out for this competition probably because she wasn't getting anywhere with the opera. She should just stop trying to sing as a profession. Her nerves obviously get the better of her... she won't get anywhere, especially in opera, singing the way she did. She gives classically trained singers a very bad name.

I can't tell if your friend is jealous of Stevie or is an arrogant opera diva wannabe. Probably a bit of both.

I say this because you can't tell how good an OPERA singer someone is because they fuck up singing a 2-minute POP song in a singing competition viewed by millions.

Guest SavageRulz
I can't tell if your friend is jealous of Stevie or is an arrogant opera diva wannabe. Probably a bit of both.

I say this because you can't tell how good an OPERA singer someone is because they fuck up singing a 2-minute POP song in a singing competition viewed by millions.

Oh yes you can.

If you study with any kind of good vocal teacher, you obtain a certain control of your voice no matter what style you sing. Anyone who knows anything KNOWS where the sound is being produced from listening and watching someone, and how good control there is over all the aspects of the voice, from breath control to where the sound actually is produced and projected.

This girl is either no talent, or has a really bad vocal coach or an instructor only concerned with producing that stupid nasally, breathy sound so popular today. She's been wasting her money big time.