TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Carrie fucking blew me away when she covered Heart's "Alone", so fuck yall on that.

I missed the last two shows, is the nerd still there?

Which one? Half of the guys were geeks.

Carrie fucking blew me away when she covered Heart's "Alone", so fuck yall on that.

Yeah, but Jessica Sierra rocked out doing 80's music as well, and she didn't deserve to win either.

Bo's on Idol next Thursday, singing his generic new single.

I missed the last two shows, is the nerd still there?

Yep

Carrie's "Alone" was great, but the "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was better last year.

I was thinking that it would be amazing if someone did the Old School version of Total Eclipse this year, dropping in the "I fucking need you more tonighttt" to see if they could sneak one past the censors.

Wow, could Simon make it less obvious that he's trying to stack the top 12 with his own personal choice? I thought Melissa was the best of the night so far.

Katherine just blew an opportunity to rack in some of the nerd votes by acting flirty about Chicken Little.

Oh my god... she's enforcing the stereotype. AWESOME.

Anyone else getting a Beyonce vibe off McPhee? Besides to tush.

Smoldering-look! Pickler better be x-tra bumpkin to get in my good graces after that self-effacingnosity. THE TWIRL~! Oh, Super X-Tra. Shake dem titties. Her eyebrow raise is hotter than most chicks in this competition. WOW, her mom is spankable.

Simon channels Ricky Gervais here. It was great.

To catch up on tonight's show. . .

I like Paris less and less every week.

Lisa was simply OK and will get stale in a week or two if she doesn't switch it up.

Melissa has been 2nd best tonight but is going home.

Kinnik is dead.

Lastly, I want to fuck McPhee SO hard right now.

Tits McGhee will make it through, Pickler will fuck up just enough at the end.

She had to have been the "best" in practice to get the coveted last spot. I'd also guess she's got a much larger fanbase.

Ayla's getting better every week, she needs to show some cleavage if she wants to go far in the final 12 though. I think she just bumped Melissa to # 3 tonight.

"You liked Comet!" "I Triiiied" "I've been prac-tic-in" "Really?" "I get excited, WHOO!" "A naughty what?!" "What's a minx?!" "LIKE A CALIMARI!" "I'm a mink!" "I HAD A SAL-MON"

Simon, just say you want to bonk her. We all do.

Guest Princess Leena
Lastly, I want to fuck McPhee SO hard right now.

Me too. She must win.

The rest are bleh.

I think he was trying to say that he liked Pickler as a person better, even though she's not the greatest singer. Either that or as was mentioned he just really wants to fuck her like almost every other straight man watching the show.

Guest The Satanic Angel

I think Mandisa had the best performance of the evening ... it's just too bad she's so difficult to look at.

Guest Princess Leena

I watched bits and pieces. But, especially with the females, none of which are very good singers, I can't listen for long. Infact, the only one I see any real talent in is the old guy. And I assume he's not winning. Although, AI really picked some geeky and ugly guys this year. Except for that Ace guy, but he's not my type.

I think Mandisa had the best performance of the evening ... it's just too bad she's so difficult to look at.

DITTO

Guest Rrrsh

Mandisa was far to karoke for me to give her best. Picker and Katherine did better.

Alya and Kinnik are so gone

I could swear we've had a Mandisa performance every year, it's par for the course. It's great, she's a great singer, but is it anything that you'd buy? That you'd even stop and listen to on the radio?

Paris being a wrestling fan sucks cause I was all up and ready to hate her.

Mandisa and Katharine are likely to be the only 2 females in the top 6 and personally, I think she has a better chance at longterm success than anyone on the show in the right setting because she's clearly never going to be a pop star. I'd definitely buy something of hers in the gospel arena because she can clearly sing and she's open about her love of Jesus. That didn't answer your question directly, but I see that she has a potential career where the previous "Mandisas" really didn't. She reminds me of Frenchie from season 2, who I think would have won hands down had she not been DQed right before the semis or finals.

Niche Success and Mainstream Success are two different things. Mandisa, who could find success in various genres, but won't be a mainstream success as she isn't nearly "pop" enough and that's going to hurt her when they hit the gimmick rounds. Plus she's going up against Paris and that-other-chick-who-the-judges-seem-to-like-for-some-reason in more ways than one, and I can easily see her being the old girl out when push comes to shove.

Frenchie was signed by Simon, wasn't she? I heard she hit broadway too. And that's with controversy pushing her as well, and we haven't really heard much from her otherwise. Ditto that chick who people bitched about getting kicked off in Season 1, I think. The plus-size chick who did "eight world wonder" is pretty much kaput and she was much more photogenic. I don't think we'll hear from Mandisa after she gets the boot. Hell, let's put it this way, if Fantasia and Rubin can't seem to stay very relevant after their initial fame as _winners_ I can't see this one going very far either, esp. considering Fantastia was a superior talent.

McPhee, though, has a pretty good shot at taking it. Kellie could make it to top 8, maybe even top 6 given her personality and likability, and she's not half bad a singer either. I don't see Paris and Lisa making it into the top 5 unless they suddenly become more powerful singers and I don't see Mandisa getting in there unless she has a string of unbelievable performances in different genres, and I don't see that happening. It could happen, but I don't think so.