TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

JBL injured

JBL is scheduled for surgery for a serious hand injury suffered last night at the Smackdown tapings in Richmond, VA.

He will be undergoing surgery in the morning. No other details are available right now.

Da Meltz.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm guessing this could mean JBL/Benoit off for WM (although it was never directly announced or speculated, but just common sense). Benoit/Regal or Benoit/Finlay, would be the ideal move for WM.

Guest Princess Leena

Depends what it is... if it's like a torn tendon, he's out at least 2-3 months.

How about they do Regal/Birchill and Benoit/Finlay?

I can't see Vince wanting to give Regal/Burchill time on WM. Maybe as a 4-way but I'd rather just see Benoit/Finlay or Benoit/Regal.

Besides, I got the impression that it'll be Lashley/Finlay anyways.

Regal and Birchall broke up as a tag team weeks ago. Birchall is running around Smackdown now dressed up as a pirate.

Guest adamsummers

this stinks, I was hoping mania would be good place for JBL to start getting back towards the top and NOT getting squashed by boogyman... that's sad... wwe has no freaking clue how to run things.

Honestly cant say im sad to see him go. He got EXTREMELY redundant during his world title reign, and rarely won a match without cheating his balls off to near Jarrett-Levels. I can see him feuding for the US belt, but I want him nowhere near the world title ever again.

Guest Coffey

If Money in the Bank is interbrand, that'd give people like Finlay, Benoit & Burchill something to do.

Guest Rrrsh

I predicted JBL/Benoit and Finley were going to do Money in the Bank. It made the most sense. Now, I wonder what they will do.

I guess Booker is an option, no way Burchill gets any serious Mania time, ditto Regal. I doubt they would throw Lashley into something like a Ladder match this early in his carrer.

I say Lashley, Bneoit and Finley do MitB only if its not a Ladder match and they make it a Street Fight this year or a Cage or something. If it stays Ladder, they may have to throw in Booker, altho he would be just useless in there. A long long shot would be a returning Charlie Hass, but thats a long shot.

BTW, I assume Shelton, RVD and Carlito do MitB.

I predicted JBL/Benoit and Finley were going to do Money in the Bank. It made the most sense. Now, I wonder what they will do.

I guess Booker is an option, no way Burchill gets any serious Mania time, ditto Regal. I doubt they would throw Lashley into something like a Ladder match this early in his carrer.

I say Lashley, Bneoit and Finley do MitB only if its not a Ladder match and they make it a Street Fight this year or a Cage or something. If it stays Ladder, they may have to throw in Booker, altho he would be just useless in there.

Actually, Booker would be a good fit in the MitB ladder match. He could "sit out", protesting that he is still injured, but never officially takes his name out of the line-up. He comes out in his casual wear, with Sharmell. Gets in the ring, wishes the other guys good luck and takes a seat at the announcer's table. Does commentary while the match goes on. Obviously, we know happens here.

Booker bashes Benoit, all throughout the match and Booker waits til he sees all other men laid out and he stands up, hands the headset to Sharmell. Un-buttons his shirt, enters the ring. Fakes the crowd by not doing the spin-a-roonie, starts climbing the ladder and of course, all the other guys "suddenly" return to the ring.

They circle the ladder, Booker does a great "Oh shit!" reaction and Benoit yanks him from the ladder and Booker T takes a few chops and the other wrestlers rough him up a bit and they toss him over the ropes. Finishing Booker's night.

The MITB workers would be 8 guys (4 per show)

Benoit-Finlay-Hardy-Booker/RVD-Benjamin-Carlito-Haas.

Wait. So now everybody LIKES JBL. Did I miss the secret meeting or something?

I hated him at first, but I started to like him around Survivor Series 2004 and he's now one of my favorite guys in WWE.

I totally forgot about Hardy. He is a perfect throw in guy for JBL. Ah, that makes sense.

Hell, if they actually wanted to. They could have Matt cut a "I was supposed to be in that match last year, but I got screwed out of it because my supposed best friend was screwing my girlfriend. So what happened? That guy won the MitB and he won the title. THAT WAS MY TITLE SHOT! MY CHAMPIONSHIP!" type promo.

Matt is a good bumper and logically, the man has a history of ladder matches.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I say Lashley, Bneoit and Finley do MitB only if its not a Ladder match and they make it a Street Fight this year or a Cage or something. If it stays Ladder, they may have to throw in Booker, altho he would be just useless in there.

Actually, Booker would be a good fit in the MitB ladder match. He could "sit out", protesting that he is still injured, but never officially takes his name out of the line-up. He comes out in his casual wear, with Sharmell. Gets in the ring, wishes the other guys good luck and takes a seat at the announcer's table. Does commentary while the match goes on. Obviously, we know happens here.

Booker bashes Benoit, all throughout the match and Booker waits til he sees all other men laid out and he stands up, hands the headset to Sharmell. Un-buttons his shirt, enters the ring. Fakes the crowd by not doing the spin-a-roonie, starts climbing the ladder and of course, all the other guys "suddenly" return to the ring.

They circle the ladder, Booker does a great "Oh shit!" reaction and Benoit yanks him from the ladder and Booker T takes a few chops and the other wrestlers rough him up a bit and they toss him over the ropes. Finishing Booker's night.

The MITB workers would be 8 guys (4 per show)

Benoit-Finlay-Hardy-Booker/RVD-Benjamin-Carlito-Haas.

The main problem for me is that, now that we know what the concept is, you can't bog it down with SO many people that the fans know won't win. Hardy is a jobber. Finlay is brand new. Haas will be. Benjamin is the IC champion. Carlito is a comedy character.

In MitB 1, we had no idea what the concept realy was. The whole thing was kind of vague. Honestly, anyone could have won. Benoit Kane and Jericho were former champions. Edge was a main eventer. Shelton was played up as the next big thing. This was before the Christian burial went full force.

Now we know that the concept is basically a long term plan for someone. If that's the group, the fans aren't going to buy anyone but RVD and Benoit winning. Outside shot of Booker. No one else has a shot.

I understand that its fun for people to champion Matt Hardy. I also know that we want this match be spot-er-iffic. I know Finlay rules. But if the match is going to reach its full potential, we can't load it up with jobbers, new guys and midcard celing people.

If Money in the Bank is interbrand, that'd give people like Finlay, Benoit & Burchill something to do.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you serious?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you serious?

LOL cause he's a pirate motherfuckerrrrrrrrrrr!

I hated him at first, but I started to like him around Survivor Series 2004 and he's now one of my favorite guys in WWE.

I must have missed the meeting as well. There was nothing but pissing and moaning about how much of a joke his world title reign was on these boards. Then about a week before Wrestlemania 21, everyone decided JBL IS THE BEST EVER, and shouldn't lose! There was a similar situation with the verbal blowjobs that went around for Mark henry in the weeks leading to the Rumble, before everyone realized not even Angle could make the sack of shit look good in a match.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

JBL was really the only good top level heel on the brand. Booker was doing a good job, but he was always hurt, and realistically, there's only so high he can go at this point.

Without Bradshaw, we will be getting A LOT more of Randy Orton.

JBL was really the only good top level heel on the brand. Booker was doing a good job, but he was always hurt, and realistically, there's only so high he can go at this point.

Without Bradshaw, we will be getting A LOT more of Randy Orton.

Which means, they will probably turn Angle again and kill off every bit of credibility he managed to recover in the last 4 months.

I could still give two shits for JBL but I must admit that he improved big time when he was WWE champ, too bad he didn't draw ticket sales/ratings/buyrates and that's why he was stuck doing jobs to the Boogeyman.