TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

PROMO: Commentary

Moments after a pre-show SWF staff meeting, most of the staff, including general manager Joseph Peters, have filed out of the conference room. Two staff members remain behind: SWF play by play announcer Longdogger Pete, and color commentator Suicide King. The latter carries a stack of notes containing information on the evening's Smarkdown show and list of scheduled matches. The pair discuss approaches they want to take in calling each match, and relevant points to bring up.

"So we've got an explosive main event," says King, "with most of the big names and titles represented in the six-man tag."

"Talk about throwing all your eggs in one basket," says Pete.

"Touche," says King. "Oh, and a Cruiserweight title rematch, that oughta be a good one."

"Don't forget to overhype From the Fire," says Pete, "now that CC has finalized an airdate."

"Right," says King. He pauses. "So Pete... what did she say?"

"What?" Pete looks confused. "What did who say?"

"Avery," replies King. "Coyote's girl, or whoever the hell she is. She spoke to you, didn't she?"

"Oh. Yeah, she did."

"So what happened?"

Pete shrugged. "It wasn't a very long discussion, King. She said she wanted to meet me in person, where Coyote wouldn't be able to snoop on us. I think she was implying that he may be a little controlling of her, and she doesn't like that."

"Really." King raises an eyebrow. "She give you a time and place?"

Pete nods. He pulls a small piece of paper out of his shirt pocket and hands it to King. "Some club a little ways outside of town, two hours before Smarkdown."

"Hmm." King reads over the paper carefully before handing it back to Pete. "You do realize it's an ambush, right?"

"I suspected it might be," answers Pete. "Are you sure?"

"Look who you're asking," says King - indeed, one of the greatest heel champions in the business, with the ego to match. "She set it up just before the show, so everyone else will already be at the arena. And it's outside of town so there's no chance of Janus or any other Clan goons interfering in your business. It's a perfect set up. Coyote will be there waiting to attack you. I bet this Avery chick won't even be there." He pauses a moment to let that sink in. "So here's what you do. Either you show up there ready to inflict some damage, or you don't show up at all. Make him come to you. Now if it were me," and at this King smiles a wicked smile, "I'd take the first option, and screw the consequences."

Pete nods slowly. "Thanks... but I have to ask. Why are you trying to help? It's no secret that you don't like me."

King nods. "You're damn right, Pete. I don't like you. But I'll do anything to avoid having Ben Hardy in your chair again. Honestly, you don't know what it's like having to listen to that guy nonstop for two hours!"

King's smile fades just as quickly as it came, and there was no evidence that it was ever there. "Where were we? The Cruiserweight match."

Pete nods, feeling a bit more confident about the day ahead, and the actions he knew he would have to take.

Later that day, two hours before show time in fact, nobody notices when a black Ford Mustang tears out of the arena's parking lot, speeding off to its inevitable destination.

Guest The Satanic Angel

I think I'm going to have to notify the owner of that Mustang about who stole it..

I eagerly await "Be kind to your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone" as an upcoming subtitle.

This angle has been great. I always like promos where we're reminded that the commentators used to be real characters, with a personality and everything.

-Z

Guest OKCoyote
I eagerly await "Be kind to your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone" as an upcoming subtitle.

This angle has been great. I always like promos where we're reminded that the commentators used to be real characters, with a personality and everything.

-Z

So where's the Exploding Chicken promo?

Guest The Satanic Angel

-Z

I might be able to use that one ... hrm.

-Z

So where's the Exploding Chicken promo?

And bang goes any remaining doubt that Coyote isn't a ringer.

Actually, it doesn't go bang, it goes *cluck-cluck-BOOOM!*

Guest OKCoyote

You're absolutely right, Toxx.

I meant to post under my alter ego... Brimstone.

(Y) Red Storm Rising! (Y)

You know what? There's an unsigned British band called Red Storm Rising. I pity them.

Sign in to follow this