TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

World Baseball Classic

It seems unfair, but think about it realistically for a moment. Canada struggled mightily against the South Africans and were blown out by Mexico. Between those games they had Al Leiter handed to them on a silver platter. Yeah they beat the U.S., but apart from that game they really haven't looked all that great.

As an aside, the Chipper Jones-Jeter-Young infield we used for that game has to be the worst defensive infield anyone has produced in this tournament. Combine that with Griffey's declining range in center, and it is no wonder the Canadians batted around a low strikeout pitcher like Dontrelle Willis. This is exactly why teams of superstars often struggle. Because no one remembers the players do things besides hit.

USA's already up 2-0 Top 1. The Canadian voodoo dolls don't seem to have worked as of yet.

Make it 4-0 on a 2 run homer by D. Lee.

Griffey just crushed a 3 run homer deep to right making it 7-0, so barring an epic collapse the Americans have apparently lucked out of one of the biggest embarassments in international competition.

Guest Princess Leena

The US still has ample opportunity to embarass themselves by getting eliminated in the 2nd round.

I don't think enough people care for this to count as a major embarassment. People will have forgotten who won or lost by May.

Is a 65-pitch 7-inning no-hitter the coolest feat ever in baseball.

that's just so weird, he averaged a little over 9 pitches an inning.

WBC is awesome

And he was 1 BB away from a perfect game

Hoyl shit, the u.s. could mercy rule the South Africans in the 2nd inning, too bad there's a minimum number of innings :P

10 - 0 in the 2nd...wow.

Guest Princess Leena
I don't think enough people care for this to count as a major embarassment. People will have forgotten who won or lost by May.

True.

And is ESPN blabbing on about how Clemens is an American hero, savior, great guy, might retire for the 1242th time but PLEASE DON'T GO!?

I hate that fraud.

And is ESPN blabbing on about how Clemens is an American hero, savior, great guy, might retire for the 1242th time but PLEASE DON'T GO!?

I hate that fraud.

Try living in Boston. The only analogy I can use is Clemens is the girlfriend that broke Boston's heart by dumping it and dating the cool guy in school, so they had to see him all the time, and it was "I hate her!" even though they really didn't. Now that (s)he's a free agent (single) again, the city's all "maybe (s)he'll come back to us one more time!" even though it's obvious that it's not happening.

It's embarassing.

Griffey junior with two 3 run home runs...

Man that guy can play. Someone donate him a hamstring

I hate that fraud.

Try living in Boston. The only analogy I can use is Clemens is the girlfriend that broke Boston's heart by dumping it and dating the cool guy in school, so they had to see him all the time, and it was "I hate her!" even though they really didn't. Now that (s)he's a free agent (single) again, the city's all "maybe (s)he'll come back to us one more time!" even though it's obvious that it's not happening.

It's embarassing.

I can't imagine true Red Sox fans feeling this way. Did the last ten years just magically disappear?

I'm a devout Yankee hater, but as a Puerto Rican I have to say BURN BABY BURN!

Bernie Williams puts the PR squad up 2-0 over Cuba with a bomb to deep right.

The NY teams keep coming through as Cuba's gonna get mercy ruled by PR thanks to a 3 run HR by Beltran :D

Pool 1: Japan, Korea, United States, Mexico

Pool 2: Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Cuba

Cuba are definately underdogs after what we've seen in the first round. Pool 1 should be a battle for the second spot, and any of the other three could upset the United States. The Japan/Korea rematch should be a good one. DR and Venezuela are favorites in pool 2.

Next games are Sunday. ESPN2 will air games live at 8pm and 11pm.

Griffey just crushed a 3 run homer deep to right making it 7-0, so barring an epic collapse the Americans have apparently lucked out of one of the biggest embarassments in international competition.

I don't really see how the US is "lucking" out of anything. Are they lucky because South Africa sucks at baseball? Because I don't really think thats luck.

They lucked out in that Mexico blew out Canada. There was a way for them to be eliminated whether they beat RSA 100-0 or 1-0 depending solely on the outcome of a game they had no control over.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm enjoying this tournament, also... but, only in the "I hope the US loses" spirit.

P.R. vs. D.R. is gonna be huge, so much intensity in this stadium.

Poor fielding for the D.R....might come back to hurt them...

I hate that fraud.

It's embarassing.

Its not embarassing, its hilarious.

Besides, Boston has their world championship, so hating on someone that left years and years ago (which the then GM basically booted out of town by the way) is just silliness.

And A-Rod finally gets a hit when it matters. Even if is it just the WBC.