TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
skullman80

Janetty Released?

Well if this is true with no angle, then it's safe to say that Marty is to Shawn what Lex Luger is to Sting.

Speaking of Luger, is he still in jail?

I DON'T KNOOOW!

"Take the drug test."

"No."

"World Wrestling Entertainment has broken all professional ties with Marty Jannetty."

Shouldn't the Shawn Michaels haters be calling him a crappy Christian for not helping Marty more, or something?

More from Dave!

A quick update on the Marty Jannetty front. It is not a work. And they were really mad about him screwing up this opportunity, and it was off the field behavior, not anything that took place on Monday, that caused this.

They could also keep the angle going by bringing Nash in as Michaels' "suffering ex-tag partner". They could cite his need to work TNA and show pictures of Nash's "fan club greeting", slap on some track marks, and you've got gold.

If it leads to McMahon/Diesel Vs. Michaels/Sid at Backlash, I'd buy it.

They could also keep the angle going by bringing Nash in as Michaels' "suffering ex-tag partner". They could cite his need to work TNA and show pictures of Nash's "fan club greeting", slap on some track marks, and you've got gold.

If it leads to McMahon/Diesel Vs. Michaels/Sid at Backlash, I'd buy it.

I'd rather they bring in Scott Hall.

More from Dave!

A quick update on the Marty Jannetty front. It is not a work. And they were really mad about him screwing up this opportunity, and it was off the field behavior, not anything that took place on Monday, that caused this.

Now I really want to know what he did to be gone so fast.

If he got fired for not keeping a straight face and laughing at Vince's ass, I'm going to..well...laugh.

Something beyond the homo-erotic nature of the skit seemed off.

Guest Quik

Maybe he started popping pills again when he realized that he might have to work for a company where the boss stands in the ring with his pants around his ankles looking to have employees kiss his ass for storyline purposes. I know I would.

"Marty Jannetty claimed the reason he was dropped was because he wasn't allowed for parole reasons to travel to Alabama on Monday and thus WWE had to drop him from a continuing storyline, and that WWE is trying to help him clear it up so he can return. He was also critical of what was reported here. We were given the info from somone in the WWE current inner circle that Jannetty being gone was not a work, along with the specifics already reported, as well as that creative was told to proceed as if he was gone, erase him from the already written TV and that he would never be used again. Of course in wrestling, you know what "never" means."

- Dave Meltzer

Guest StylesMark
Maybe he started popping pills again when he realized that he might have to work for a company where the boss stands in the ring with his pants around his ankles looking to have employees kiss his ass for storyline purposes. I know I would.

Well put.

Found this at Keiths Blog, this come from Marty's myspace or something,

OK, for my fans, family and friends, here is the situation....Due to travel restrictions I have as part of a probation agreement, I was denied travel this week to Birmingham, Alabama for Monday Night Raw. As you could or should imagine, this is a disaster for WWE as they now have to go back and rewrite a major portion of their show in which I was to be included in, and with less than 3 days notice. The fact that this could happen again at any given time my PO decides against me traveling, is good reason for WWE to be concerned in another major disaster especially with WrestleMania coming up. Could you imagine that 2 days before that show I'm told I can NOT go to Chicago. Please understand WWE's position, and believe in them as they have not closed the window of opportunity yet. We are working hard right now on getting all travel restrictions lifted. It is a good possibility that it will happen. If you really care and are concerned, believe me when I say, prayer works and is greatly needed and appreciated right now. I'm getting tons of e-mails from friends and fans hating Vince and the WWE right now. They are not at fault!!! And, they are supporting me on this, so no more hating on them, ok?? I thank all of you for your support, cares and concerns. I love you all!!! I do have a strong gut feeling everything is going to be fine!!!!

Well if this is true with no angle, then it's safe to say that Marty is to Shawn what Lex Luger is to Sting.

Speaking of Luger, is he still in jail?

I DON'T KNOOOW!

That has to have been the most perfect set up for an obvious punchline I've ever seen.

I'm getting tons of e-mails from friends and fans hating Vince and the WWE right now. They are not at fault!!! And, they are supporting me on this, so no more hating on them, ok?? I thank all of you for your support, cares and concerns. I love you all!!!

Marty, they were hating Vince before he fired you buddy boy. I really like the "I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!", it's like Marty was taken over by a 16 year old girl.

According to this, it sounded like Marty was supposed to be at Mania, so maybe they were going to do Rockers vs. McMahons. I would have bought the show to see that.

Either way, I'm glad to hear that the reasoning for Jannetty and WWE splitting for now was due to a technicality and not Marty doing anything stupid again. Definitely makes me feel a lot better about the situation.

Why didn't WWE.com explain the situation better?

I'm halfway thinking that they just put that there for storyline reasoning. Whenever they release somebody, they always mention best wishes on future endeavors. After reading Jannetty's statement, I'm thinking that WWE just put that there to kind of mess with the net crowd and play along with the kayfabe crowd.

Marty Jannetty will not die.

I think I know who Matt's new tag partner should be...

Heck, if the OAOAST can have the New, New Midnight Express, WWE can have the New, New Rockers, right?