TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

78th Academy Awards

show's almost over and no one's made a joke or said anything about Nicholson to give them a reason to put him on camera, that's an Oscar tradition

If Clooney shockingly wins, Best Director...that'll be the Jack reference.

Is Jack even presenting this year? It's like he shows up just to get praised. Not that I don't blame him.

show's almost over and no one's made a joke or said anything about Nicholson to give them a reason to put him on camera, that's an Oscar tradition

If Clooney shockingly wins, Best Director...that'll be the Jack reference.

Is Jack even presenting this year? It's like he shows up just to get praised. Not that I don't blame him.

Well that answers that, heh

So I guess this means only female country artists get to have their portrayls garner Oscars?

My guess is that 4th grade thing was actually some revue and Reese did a song Maybelle Carter is known for like "Wildwood Flower" or something, and that got twisted into being play through the years

I really have no clue who's winning best picture, because all the favorites have received other awards.

This is gonna be kinda exciting.

Hmm, Best Director and Best Original screenplays, have been consolation prizes over the years...

This makes Crash/BM very interesting right now.

Hmm, Best Director and Best Original screenplays, have been consolation prizes over the years...

And there's why.

Guest Smues

Huzzah for Ang Lee finally getting a best director award. Not that I'll ever see Brokeback, but go Ang!

Uh-Oh...

Crash won the Citizen Kane consolation award for movies too daring to win Best Picture.

It's not an exact science of course...but Pulp Fiction got the curse too...

Crash isn't exactly daring. YOU PEOPLE.

Guest Evolution
Uh-Oh...

Crash won the Citizen Kane consolation award for movies too daring to win Best Picture.

It's not an exact science of course...

Especially considering Crash is up against a movie about two cowboys engaging in gay trysts while continuing to live a lie of a straight life.

If I could choose, I'd give Ang Lee Best Director--which just happened, and give Best Picture to Crash.