TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fanofcoils

Fridays

Guest fanofcoils

See topic description. I have never experienced a great meal at Fridays, and their service is average too from what I experienced.

All the Friday's, O' Charleys, Applebee's, Chili's, and the rest of the franchise resturants are virtually identical and I usually can't tell them apart.

A good meal is really based on the company, because otherwise spending money at these places for yourself is a comical waste. These places really just offer a average priced meal for people to get together with friends/family without splurging or feeling cheap.

The food is never great but it's never horrible. Service is hit/miss depending on time of the day but I have had some incredible service at Friday's before, even during the busiest times.

I worked at Friday's for two years and fucking hated it. This might just be because of the managers in the Naples branch, because they were always on a crazy ego trip.

Plus, I only got a 25% discount on meals.

And because they view themselves as a more formal restaurant than they actually are (I mean come on, it's Friday's), they're obsessed with having hosts always at the door greeting people. So, on a busy night, about 4 hosts are scheduled, along with two bussers. And all six people share a lousy 2% tipshare from the servers. Not worth it.

And the food really is hit or miss. My suggestion? Don't get the Double-stack quesadillas.

Guest The Satanic Angel

I've always had good experiences at Friday's. Haven't seen any in the new surroundings, though. :( Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday are the closest.

Guest fanofcoils

I think Chilis is pretty good except for their slow service. While it may not be on the same quality of Mexican food, their food is certainly better than Fridays. Which is better, Ruby Tuesday or Fridays?

Guest The Satanic Angel

Between Friday's and Ruby Tuesday's ... I'd have to say I like differernt dishes from both, so I can't compare ... I'm sure if you ask me in a few years, I will have grown on Ruby Tuesday's. ;)

All the Friday's, O' Charleys, Applebee's, Chili's, and the rest of the franchise resturants are virtually identical and I usually can't tell them apart.

I classify all those places as "Generic American" food. Pretty much interchangable in terms of food, pricing, service, etc.

I eat at Chili's or Friday's occasionally, but pretty much because of their locations. If I sit at the bar and eat there, instead of at a table, I find that I get better service. The food is pretty 'meh' but, I mean, I'm at a 'meh' restaurant. If I wanted good food, I'd go to a good restaurant.

The only thing that separates these restuarants from Dennys is that Friday's, O' Charleys, Applebee's, Chili's, etc. serve beer and alcohol.

For some reason Friday's seems higher priced than the other places like Chili's and Applebees by around $5-$10 depending on what you are ordering. Denny's is a bit cheaper than those, but is also a lower quality food and only a notch above trucker stops.

The problem with a lot of these places is now they're trying to include everything on their menu. In fact, I went to a Friendly's for the first time in forever this past weekend and saw their menu now includes all of these pastas and salads and even steak. If I go to Friendly's, I'm getting either a BLT or grilled cheese and some ice cream. Stick to what you know, guys.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Hey Czecherz, you're in chicagoland; you ever eat at a place called Flat Top Grill? They've got a few locations up there, and one in Ft. Wayne. Pretty nifty shit. You get a bowl, put whatever you want in it, they cook the shit, and bring it to you. Sorta mongolian grill, only nicer. On the cheap, too, compared to other chain restaurants.

Flattop's fairly recent, so I don't know where all they operate other than Chicago, Ft. Waste, and I think Indy.

Out of all the generic american diners. I prefer Applebees, best quality and the best prices.

And and hey not all truck stop joints are awful. They have this place here called the Sliver Skillet, and they invented some type of sandwhich that is deep fried till golden crisp, and sprinkled with a pinch of powered sugar, and served with a side of fruity goulash, haha. Thank goodness it is tiny because they thing is a heart attack waiting to happen.

I also love it because you go in, and one side is blasting Fox News, and the other side is blaring CNN.....

I also love it because you go in, and one side is blasting Fox News, and the other side is blaring CNN.....

And I wonder what side you sit at. :P

Actually, I'd guess you'd just order take-out and eat it at home in front of your Ralph Nader poster.

And I wonder what side you sit at. :P

I actually can't stand either network for the most part

Actually, I'd guess you'd just order take-out and eat it at home in front of your Ralph Nader poster.

...yeah well, only because the Gore Vidal poster is starting to tear... :D

Guest Princess Leena

I've never liked Tony Rome's. Their wings are overrated, and the ribs I had there were some of the fattiest, worst I ever had. Such hype, and such disappointment.

The last place I went out to eat was almost a year ago for my birthday and it was the new Uno Chicago Pizzaria/Steakhouse.

I like their deep dish pizza but..bleh...its pizza...and its overpriced..

We have a ton of these type places around here and it sucks because they pretty much drove away all of the local restaurants that actually had some character and good food..

Mike, the sandwich is called a Monte Cristo

You are Correct Sir. And it is THE BOMB.

If you ever get to Disneyland and can afford to go, the Blue Bayou Restaurant in Pirates of the Caribbean has one that's pretty um...infamous.

The new "Meat Fanatics" promotion at Fridays calls for:

The Meat Fanatics platter! A 9 oz. marinated skirt steak, a half-rack of double-glazed ribs, two sausages, and potato skins covered in pulled pork! With a side of vegetables! Dig in!!

They also took the Oreo Madness off of the dessert menu, the fuckers.

The new "Meat Fanatics" promotion at Fridays calls for:

The Meat Fanatics platter! A 9 oz. marinated skirt steak, a half-rack of double-glazed ribs, two sausages, and potato skins covered in pulled pork! With a side of vegetables! Dig in!!

They also took the Oreo Madness off of the dessert menu, the fuckers.

For the health conscious fat-asses.