TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

The OAO Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Thread

I've caught bugs as Link in human form, a few times actually. It doesn't matter which form you're in, wolf form just makes it easier to see them.

Okay, a bit confused--do we mean the ones who absorbed the Light Tears?

Because I found a Golden Ant in Kakariko village, and apparently you can collect that as some sort of subquest, while the Light Tear bugs are required it seems.

Before you go into the mines, after you return to normal Link form, you go into the store across from the house where the kids were staying. The shield is being sold there for 200 and the youngest brat is selling it.

Actually, I tried going there (the General Store, later Malo Mart), but it was locked, and one of the girls said he was still setting up. Wha?

Is it because I already entered the Goron mines? That doesn't make much sense.

I got it now, but that's confusing.

And holy crap, TP Link is a hoss. He's able to grab Gorons, then casually toss them away and dust off his hands. Yeah, with the Iron Boots, but I'd think he'd need Gauntlets for that.

Before you go into the mines, after you return to normal Link form, you go into the store across from the house where the kids were staying. The shield is being sold there for 200 and the youngest brat is selling it.

Actually, I tried going there (the General Store, later Malo Mart), but it was locked, and one of the girls said he was still setting up. Wha?

Is it because I already entered the Goron mines? That doesn't make much sense.

I got it now, but that's confusing.

Couldn't tell you, it was open after I went back to normal Link and had the cutscene where you talk to everyone.

The bugs I'm talking about are the normal bugs your suppose to find as a side quest.

I meant the golden bugs you need for a sidequest, sorry. You need to be a wolf to get the light tear bugs.

And holy crap, TP Link is a hoss. He's able to grab Gorons, then casually toss them away and dust off his hands. Yeah, with the Iron Boots, but I'd think he'd need Gauntlets for that.

All that goat tossin' in his village did him some good!

So far I have found 3 of the secret skills.

1. The ending blow, can't remember where I found it, I think its one of those automatic things.

2. The Shield Attack, look for a weird looking rock while going up death mountain as the wolf, stand next to it and do the howel thing then when you go back to normal Link, go visit the wolf soul at a springs. He'll mark it on your map.

3. The Back Slice, After you unfreeze the water, as the wolf, go to where the bug under the porch is and look for the rock around there, its on a cliff, do the howel and find the soul as normal link before you go to Castle town. It'll be marked on your map as well.

The sequence where you fly the twilight bird was really cool.

Just one complaint...

The game could be nice and TELL me that you're supposed to fly it WITH THE MOTION CONTROLS!

I died twice trying to use the control stick until I figured it out. :P

By the way for those able to play the game, is this game really long like 60 hours worth just for the main game (no bonuses or that) or are they just making that up?

Also is the game as easy as I've been hearing too?

I've got my TP copy *looks at it longingly* but no Wii, so I just wanted to know these two things.

By the way for those able to play the game, is this game really long like 60 hours worth just for the main game (no bonuses or that) or are they just making that up?

Also is the game as easy as I've been hearing too?

I've got my TP copy *looks at it longingly* but no Wii, so I just wanted to know these two things.

I don't think anyone here has beat it yet, but I believe Jeremy Parish's 55 hour estimate. I've done relatively little exploring but have seen HUGE areas that I haven't even scratched yet. I'm over 10 hours in.

As for being easy--when you're doing the same ol', same ol', it's not too difficult (general dungeon exploration), but there's lots of new things the game throws at you that you need time to get down. The horseback combat, jousting, and the sumo wrestling took me some time to nail down.

However, so far seems much harder than OOT, partly because the game is very skimpy on heart pieces, unlike in OOT where they were *everywhere*.

Anyone else think that Heart pieces might have to be dug up while using the wolf? I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route like they did in Windwaker.

Anyone else think that Heart pieces might have to be dug up while using the wolf? I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route like they did in Windwaker.

I hope not, there are a million places to dig up. But wasn't there a map to the treasures that were heart pieces in Wind Waker? Or clues of some sort?

And I've only found 4 pieces so far and I just got all the tears of light in Lake Hylia/Zora River, am I missing many?

I hope not, there are a million places to dig up. But wasn't there a map to the treasures that were heart pieces in Wind Waker? Or clues of some sort?

And I've only found 4 pieces so far and I just got all the tears of light in Lake Hylia/Zora River, am I missing many?

I have found 8 pieces at that point. Haven't found any sense and yes Windwaker did have clues on where to look but I wouldn't doubt it if you had to dig up spots as the wolf.

No. Nintendo Power guide tells all the heart piece locations, and none of them involve digging as the wolf. You're human Link for all of them.

Target has that Collectors box with the shield/sword and the soundtrack for $40 (DOES NOT INCLUDE GAME)..Nintendo is stupid, they should have bundled the two together..

What?! After the great preorder bonus of Wind Waker, and considering how many people bought a Wii for TP, Nintendo should give those away. For shame, Nintendo.

I'm going to be really sad and annoyed if a significant chunk of this game is in wolf mode. I can't believe how much I disliked the early wolf sections, and how great it was to finally be able to play a dungeon as human Link.

I found it (wolf mode) a lot more enjoyable in Zora's domain. However, the inevitable comparison has got to be made with Okami there. And frankly, Ammy has it all over wolf Link.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem that significant. Maybe 1/5 of my total playtime so far.

Might be spoilers, so I'm not taking any chance.

I got a request for you guys. My cell phone rang during the cutscene that happens after

you collected all the Tears of Light in Lake Hylia. You know, the scene that starts with the spirit of light explaining how Hyrule came to exist, and Ilia is about to stab Link or something.

Anyway, I forgot to press "home" on my Wiimote to pause it, so I missed the cutscene and I don't want to check GameFaqs because of the spoilers for the rest of the game.

Could somebody just recap/tell me what's said in that cutscene? :(

Might be spoilers, so I'm not taking any chance.

I got a request for you guys. My cell phone rang during the cutscene that happens after

you collected all the Tears of Light in Lake Hylia. You know, the scene that starts with the spirit of light explaining how Hyrule came to exist, and Ilia is about to stab Link or something.

Anyway, I forgot to press "home" on my Wiimote to pause it, so I missed the cutscene and I don't want to check GameFaqs because of the spoilers for the rest of the game.

Could somebody just recap/tell me what's said in that cutscene? :(

It's just a

strange sequence that shows what would happen if Link were to abuse the power of the artifacts he's collecting and become evil. It doesn't have much bearing on the story, it's just an interesting kind of "What if". It also talks about people who used to know of a dark magic, which all take the form of Link in the sequence.

Saw this over at DVDVR. I'm not playing this game, but I figured I'd give you guys a heads-up on 2 possibly big glitches (i.e. you'd need to restart the game from the beginning). I spoiler tagged it, because it's got some spoiler-ish stuff, but you may want to check it out to avoid having to start your game over.

1. There will come a time in the game in which you cross a bridge just moments before it is destroyed. You'll find youself with very few options at this point and the only place to go will be into a wall of Twilight. For the love of humanity, DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT HERE! When you continue playing after you save and quit, of course, you start at the entrance of the area you last entered. In this case, this means you will have to start on the other side of the broken bridge and will have no way of crossing back over it to where you are supposed to be. There will be no way to cross this bridge again and, as such, the game cannot progress any further. You will be forced to start over from the beginning.

2. I have not tested this out myself but, just to be safe, DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT when you are in the room with a giant cannon. If you do, an essential non-playable character will be out of position when you resume play and you will essentially be trapped in the room with no way to leave.

Saw this over at DVDVR. I'm not playing this game, but I figured I'd give you guys a heads-up on 2 possibly big glitches (i.e. you'd need to restart the game from the beginning). I spoiler tagged it, because it's got some spoiler-ish stuff, but you may want to check it out to avoid having to start your game over.

1. There will come a time in the game in which you cross a bridge just moments before it is destroyed. You'll find youself with very few options at this point and the only place to go will be into a wall of Twilight. For the love of humanity, DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT HERE! When you continue playing after you save and quit, of course, you start at the entrance of the area you last entered. In this case, this means you will have to start on the other side of the broken bridge and will have no way of crossing back over it to where you are supposed to be. There will be no way to cross this bridge again and, as such, the game cannot progress any further. You will be forced to start over from the beginning.

2. I have not tested this out myself but, just to be safe, DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT when you are in the room with a giant cannon. If you do, an essential non-playable character will be out of position when you resume play and you will essentially be trapped in the room with no way to leave.

I heard about these issues, but apparently, there are ways to get around both. I don't know what it is for the first one, but for the second, only his texture is out of position. the icon that says to press A to talk still appears if you go where he should be, and you can finish the scene and move on.

I just got myself the Master Sword and Secret Skill #4...but I've only found one of those damn bugs.

I stopped playing but I'm going to be leaving for the Desert Temple pretty quickly and damnit I need a bigger fucking wallet!

Did you get the first wallet upgrade from catching a gold bug and taking it to the crazy bug girl in Hyrule Castle Town? It expands your wallet to 600 rupees.

Did you get the first wallet upgrade from catching a gold bug and taking it to the crazy bug girl in Hyrule Castle Town? It expands your wallet to 600 rupees.

details please. I caught a snail and I think I've talked to that girl before. Is she where you go find the secret skill 4 at? She's in the flowers?

details please. I caught a snail and I think I've talked to that girl before. Is she where you go find the secret skill 4 at? She's in the flowers?

Naw, don't think so unless she appears there as well--her name's Agitha, has blond pigtails and freckles. She's in the south part of the Castle Town, down the eastern alley.

First bug gets you the wallet, subsequent ones net you rupees, and all 24 gets you a 1000 rupee wallet.

A single bug gets you 50 rupees. When you have completed a pair (a male and a female of the same type), you get (an additional) 100 rupees, BTW. You give them one at a time, though, so a pair of bugs nets you 150 rupees total.

Out of curiousity, does anyone else have this happen to them? I start playing, fresh from turning the system on, and anytime I pick up a rupee for the first time that sitting, I get the message that pauses gameplay to tell me how much it's worth. Every sitting, for each rupee.

How many hearts does everyone have so far? I'm about to enter the Lakebed Temple with six. I feel like I should have more.