TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
edotherocket

South Park Season 10

Season 10 of South Park starts in a week's time. It should be interesting to see how this goes since they've gotten in trouble over the Scientology episode and the Virgin Mary episode from the previous season. Will they tone the show down a bit?

Also, Isaac Hayes has left the show on bad terms so it's up in the air as to how they will address his absence on TV (he wasn't on a whole lot in recent seasons though).

Finally, what topics will they cover for the Current Event themed episodes? I was waiting during the whole Political Cartoons period for someone in the news to remember that South Park has also done an episode which depicts the Prophet Mohammed as one of Jesus' crime fighting pals from Super Best Friends. Would they bring his character back on air?

The Virgin Mary episode was far from the worst thing they've ever done. I'd hardly put it in the Top 20. Catholics just suddenly decided to join their fellow Christians in going batshit crazy over something stupid.

I think the problem with last season, at times, was that Trey and Matt were avoiding pushing the line. I enjoyed a lot of the episode last season, but stuff like Free Willzyx and Marjorine just weren't up to the standard they've set over the years.

What shocks me the most is that they're at 140 episodes now. It doesn't seem like there's been that many nor that the show's been on for 8 years.

The show that has been pushing the line is Drawn Together but the activist groups don't know that it exist yet. The whole deal with Isaac Hayes leaving the show is one big publicity stunt! Parker and Stone get the big push of being the rebellious anti-establishment anti-heroes on the cutting edge while Isaac Hayes gets to save some face by protesting the show even though his character Chef has not been a factor in years and Sciencetology gets free publicity. Its a win win situation for all parties involved.

What to expect in season 10 of South Park well more of the same of attacking the pop icons of Hollywood and maybe a holliday adventure or two.

The show that has been pushing the line is Drawn Together but the activist groups don't know that it exist yet.

That reminds me, the Season Finale of that show is tonight. It will be replaced for the time being by (sigh) the new season of "Mind of Mencia"

The show that has been pushing the line is Drawn Together but the activist groups don't know that it exist yet.

That reminds me, the Season Finale of that show is tonight. It will be replaced for the time being by (sigh) the new season of "Mind of Mencia"

I don't know if I'd really call it a finale, according to my guide it's a clip show of the first 2 seasons

I've stated a couple times in previous South Park-related threads that one thing I haven't liked too much about the current seasons is how much the animation has improved. IMO, part of the charm of this show in the beginning was the even though there was horrid animation, the stories kept you interested. Now this show is animated like any other cartoon, just with ugly characters. All in all, I'm really looking forward to the new season. Between this and the season finale of the Shield, next week should be great.

The animation is totally totally irrelevant these days.

It's just a vehicle, because how else can one guy do 50% of the characters on one show?

Guess what ep comes on in 15 minutes.

Edit: Well, fuck. Never mind. They must have changed it at the last second. It was supposed to be scientology. They're airing Chef's chocolate salty balls instead.

Myabe showing chefs salty balls was a peace offering?

I don't see why Hayes would be that mad over the scientology ep, I saw it more taking a shot at celebrities who join the latest craze religion, then a shot at scientology itself (though the part with "scientologists actually believe this could fit into the mold)

either way happy to see new episodes back next week.

I don't see why Hayes would be that mad over the scientology ep, I saw it more taking a shot at celebrities who join the latest craze religion, then a shot at scientology itself (though the part with "scientologists actually believe this could fit into the mold)

The what scientologist actually believe part couldn't have pissed him off too much. I would think the "Its a big scam" thing at the end is what would have done it.

President: Yes... Yes, oh this is great, Stan!

Stan: I wrote that um, our followers shouldn't fly in DC-8s anymore because they're too much like Xenu's evil cruisers.

President: Yes, of course! So wonderful!

Stan: And I wrote that the evil Lord Xenu was recently broken out of galactic jail.

President: Yes, of course!

Stan: And best of all, I wrote that all the Scientologists should no longer have to pay money to belong.

President: [his joy disappears] What?

Stan: I I realize that to really be a church, we can't charge people for help.

President: [turns around] What are you, stupid?! Then how do we make money from those people?!

Stan: ... Well, it's not about the money, it's about the message, right?

President: Waait a minute, whoa, whoa! You don't actually believe this crap, do you?? [holds up a Dianetics book] Dummy! Brainwashed alien souls?? E-meters and thetan levels?? Those people out there buy that crap and I thought YOU were smart enough to see what was really going on!

Stan: But you said that there were-

President: What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you?! [stan draws a blank] Having them PAY you for it, stupid!

Stan: But then, why me? Why do you need me to write something so badly?

President: Because if those people all think you're the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard, then they'll all buy your new writings, and you and I together will make three milliion dollars!

Stan: Three milliion dollars?

President: That's how the scam works! But this is a scam on a global scale! Do you fucking get me now?! [leans in a bit]

Stan: Yeah. Yeah, I get you.

President: Then keep writing, L. Ron! Your people are waiting.

I could see why a scientologist would be a little pissed off at that.