TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE Wrestler Salaries

whats funny is that christian was making nearly 400k. i'll bet 6 dollars and my right nut that he's barley making 75k in TNA

Remember his much reduced work schedule and supposedly he invested well.

Chris Masters is making a quarter mil. That annoys me more. Snitsky was over for a while.

Well he secretly won Vince's male Diva Search. It takes place on a ranch near Abilene, TX.

Vince: You're next challenge is to eat this pie with your ass.

Chris: Oh, you mean like Christy did that one time?

Vince: ...close.

Wow, Hogan was making over a million for each PPV in the WCW hot period. And I read he got over a million for WrestleMania V. He cried about his Mania XIX payoff tho

He also compared his Summerslam 05 payoff with Michaels as to what "a limo driver would make."

Wow, Hogan was making over a million for each PPV in the WCW hot period. And I read he got over a million for WrestleMania V. He cried about his Mania XIX payoff tho

He also compared his Summerslam 05 payoff with Michaels as to what "a limo driver would make."

His payoff was a bunch of right and left turns?

Guest nosneb

whats funny is that christian was making nearly 400k. i'll bet 6 dollars and my right nut that he's barley making 75k in TNA

true. He did plan on leaving the Fed for quite sometime I recall, so it was wise of him to make good investments.

Its too bad lita isn't making what she could. But she cant really wrestle too much with those new sisters of hers. (hopefully they're paying for themselves)

46.jpg

I feel really bad for Trevor Murdoch. I'm not a big fan of his ring-work, but thats a shit salary for a pro wrestler. I have a friend who is a Coca-Cola stocker that made more than him last year.

$48 grand a year is good money. I don't know where the fuck you live.

Good money...if you weren't on the road 250+ days a year, living out of motels, driving hours and hours a night, and beating up your body every night. For a fulltime wrestler, I'd say it's a shitty salary (but it's not like Trevor Murdoch can command big $$$, though).

You may be able to write off most (or all) of you travel expenses but you still have to pay federal, state (possibly), SS and medicare taxes.

I may be a little harder to swallow because they have to pay it all at once instead of in installments like the rest of us, but its still the same amount of $$$. And for all the bitching wrestlers do about having to pay travel expenses, I'm sure they don't mind the deductions when it comes time to pay their taxes.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
Just out of curiosity does anyone know how much the rock and austin were getting a year during the peak years?

And how much was Hogan making a year in the 80s?

How much was Bret hart making in say, around 1994, and how much did WCW pay him when he signed with them?

Hogan got 1.8 million for 1 match in 1989 (WM 5)

Hogan's WCW deal had him earn something like $40,000 each TV Taping IIRC, and he got a PPV bonus and many other perks

Lawler's deal made me smile, being the old school mark that I am

Just out of curiosity does anyone know how much the rock and austin were getting a year during the peak years?

And how much was Hogan making a year in the 80s?

How much was Bret hart making in say, around 1994, and how much did WCW pay him when he signed with them?

Hogan's WCW deal had him earn something like $40,000 each TV Taping IIRC, and he got a PPV bonus and many other perks

Hogan's initial deal was $300,000 per Clash or PPV appearance, plus 25% of the PPV revenue if it went over a certain amount.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I also think is kind of interesting that considering they've been pushed almost equally as (God help us) the future of company, the babyface that no one likes is making over a million more than the heel no one cares about. The money really is in the babyface.

- Trish Stratus: $618,000 (Receives 20% of all Trish Stratus merchandise sold)

Trish making more than double the other women is some sort of cosmic justice or maybe she just has a really good agent. I remember her getting a SWEET deal back in 2000

Meltzer said Hogan's WM19 payoff was like $425,000, insanely low for Hogan at WM.

Really, I thought that it was more like $250,000. But they did split the pot between four "main events" and the show got an insanley low buy rate... it was stupid for Hogan to quit over it.

Meltzer said Hogan's WM19 payoff was like $425,000, insanely low for Hogan at WM.

Really, I thought that it was more like $250,000. But they did split the pot between four "main events" and the show got an insanley low buy rate... it was stupid for Hogan to quit over it.

Especially since the guys like a multi-bajillionaire four times over anyways. What a jerk.

- Trish Stratus: $618,000 (Receives 20% of all Trish Stratus merchandise sold)

Trish making more than double the other women is some sort of cosmic justice or maybe she just has a really good agent. I remember her getting a SWEET deal back in 2000

Well, when Trish signed with the WWF in early-2000, WCW and WWF were in a huge bidding war over her. I remember she was backstage at the WCW Mayhem PPV in November 1999 as a personally invited guest of WCW since the PPV was in Toronto. So the fact she got a huge deal back then isn't really shocking, but the numbers do make your eyes open more in 2006 than they did in 2000.

Guest jerniebert

I feel really bad for Trevor Murdoch. I'm not a big fan of his ring-work, but thats a shit salary for a pro wrestler. I have a friend who is a Coca-Cola stocker that made more than him last year.

Sorry to ruin your day, but 48 grand a year ain't shit and the cost of living where I live is not to high. It's ok money, but far from good.

Not when you're spending that money on constant airline tickets, food on the road, hotels, and other odds and ends. Sure, alot of that stuff can be written off but you still have to spend the money beforehand before you can try to balance it all out come tax time.

And anyway you slice it anyway, 40someK is actually SHIT. At least if you want to live a decent life or try to raise a family, etc.

Also think of it this way - a WWE person making under 50k isnt even earning a thousand a week and think of the expenses dealing with travel, food, and lodging in a weeks time.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Sorry to ruin your day, but 48 grand a year ain't shit and the cost of living where I live is not to high. It's ok money, but far from good.

You can live on it. But its not good money.

How much fucking money does Hogan need?

I don't know where YOU live, but $48k a year is hardly good money if you plan to not live an apartment on microwave dinners and frozen pizza for the rest of your life. It's certainly liveable money, but you're going to eventually want a little bit more. Especially for poor ol' Maria, who has to pay for her own travel, hotel, rental car, all the stuff that she has to do to keep herself pretty for national television every week, and then take taxes out of it because Vince doesn't.

They don't pay for airline tickets.

If that were the case, everyone making under $250,000 would be making jacksquat or losing money.

---

EDIT: I remember reading Rey's downside guarantee being $75,000 when he signed in 2002.

EDIT #2: I distinctly remember Meltzer saying Hogan's XIX pay-off was $250,000, which was the same amount that the other main eventers that night (Vince, Lesnar, Angle, Austin, Rock, HHH, Booker) received as well. Dave probably revised the figures since then, but the idea was that they all split the pot evenly.

Well, Christian's new reduced schedule comes down to only wrestling once a month near his home on PPVs if we look at the past 3 months, so that surely is a great investment. But I do remember him downplaying all that "lowballing" talk that made the rounds back then. WWE actually offered him a raise IIRC.

I'm thinking that Murdoch, Striker, and Maria's salaries are low because they are not averaged by a full year's work. The article said it was from sometime in 2004 to February 2006. None of those were under full-time contract in February 2005 were they? I'm thinking those salaries are prorated for the length of time they have been on the roster.

I don't know where YOU live, but $48k a year is hardly good money if you plan to not live an apartment on microwave dinners and frozen pizza for the rest of your life. It's certainly liveable money, but you're going to eventually want a little bit more. Especially for poor ol' Maria, who has to pay for her own travel, hotel, rental car, all the stuff that she has to do to keep herself pretty for national television every week, and then take taxes out of it because Vince doesn't.

I'm not saying 48K isn't good money, because its more than I make. I'm saying that its shitty pay for someone with a potentially hazardous job as a pro wrestler. I believe my friend cleared 52K last year just throwing Coke's on a shelf, and not bumping all over a wrestling ring.

if you can't live well off of 48k a year, you're a fucking retard...stop having so many stupid expenses.

by the way, this wasn't a jab at Maria or any WWE superstar...this was a jab at the everyday common man/woman that thinks they can't make it off of that amount of money.

I'm curious as to what Ken Doane earns. He was developmental until recently, but it wouldn't surpise me if he was on good money.