TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The OAO RAW Thread for March 20, 2006

Guest InuYasha
Well that was a horrible build up segment for that match.

It was even more obvious than the Trish Stratus turn at Wrestlemania a few years back.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
You know what was really sad about that? I think Foley was really trying to make something there. I don't think Foley has that magic anymore.

Foley's promo was okay, and I actually thought Lita's was very good. But they went in a bad direction for the follow up. When Foley said this is all a set up, it shouldn't have been. They should have held the straight wrestling match angle until later in the night or next week when Edge did something diabolical.

You know what was really sad about that? I think Foley was really trying to make something there. I don't think Foley has that magic anymore.

He has about as much magic left as Steve Austin.

I don't feel any excitement at all when I see either one of them anymore, and I think that says a great deal about their place in wrestling history, but that might just be me.

I'll still be able to get into their matches, if they are good and exciting (I loved the Orton match, but the Carlito match was shit), but just seeing them on TV doing stuff like this, and what Austin did on SNME, it just doesn't have anything to it for me anymore.

I think it's more the fact that Foley just did the same basic angle with Carlito less than six months ago, and it's the same one he does every time he shows up. If it was something different, maybe it would work, but it's the same thing each and every time; Foley shows up, someone insults him, they have a match.

Huh? I'd rather that match get 15 than the IC match if Shawn and HHH wrestle most of it.

HHH/HBK invariably devolves into 1 big circle-jerk. Add in HBK's usual paint-by-numbers free TV performances, and HHH/HBK wrestling most of the match adds up to "blah".

You saw that IC match, right? They screwed up an eye poke.

Doesn't change the fact of HHH/HBK being boring. Besides, the guy getting eyepoked gets the blame for screwing it up, not Shelton for doing it (unless he totally whiffs the guy's face).

Guest InuYasha

Thst match lasted almost as long as it needed to. It should have ended about 30 seconds sooner.

Wrestlemania IX called. It wants it's gimmick back....

Carlito will win his tag match (like Hogan did), then win the MITB (after somehow managing to get into it), then use it after the main event and beat Cena after comforting HHH on the outside??

I can't wait until they fire Candice, ugh. She's hot, but she's one of the most useless "talents" ever in wrestling.

Not to mention her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Guest InuYasha

Carlito will win his tag match (like Hogan did), then win the MITB (after somehow managing to get into it), then use it after the main event and beat Cena after comforting HHH on the outside??

Exactly....

Plus the Candice entrance was way too close to Taker's WM IX entrance.

Taker: "I'm not feeling it."

For a hot chick who's posing naked for Playboy, Candace sure doesn't get much reaction from the crowd.

She's not that hot, and she's posed before. Anyone who really wanted to see her naked would have done so already. There's no pop because there isn't anything to tease with.

Exactly....

...cause it has herpes.

I said this back when Masters debuted, and I'll say it again:

Whenever I hear Chris Masters' theme, I think that it'd work in a Final Fantasy or similar type game.

...Chris Masters saying Elvis would be alive today if he had a body like he did. ...that spoony wrestler.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Huh? I'd rather that match get 15 than the IC match if Shawn and HHH wrestle most of it.

HHH/HBK invariably devolves into 1 big circle-jerk. Add in HBK's usual paint-by-numbers free TV performances, and HHH/HBK wrestling most of the match adds up to "blah".

You saw that IC match, right? They screwed up an eye poke.

Doesn't change the fact of HHH/HBK being boring.

I'd still rather watch them and RVD and Shelton in the ring together EVER again. It goes back to the "play the their strengths booking" The match looked bad on paper last week, wound up worse, so they do it AGAIN? How does this help these two?

And a Chris Masters segment. They are slowly killing me.

Guest Princess Leena

I hate Masters so much.

If WWE must have a "talent" like him, he should at least be cute.

Guest InuYasha

Exactly....

...cause it has herpes.

:D :asshole2: