TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Bret Hart confirms he will not be at WrestleMania

And this just in:

Julie Hart, the former wife of Bret Hart, contacted PWInsider.com this afternoon to announce she would be in attendance at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony this Saturday night in Chicago along with their four children, Jade, Beans, Blade and Dallas, sitting in the audience for Hart's induction.

Diana Hart and Davey Boy Smith's son, Harry Smith, will also be attending the ceremony

No Chaosrage, you cannot talk to me. Sorry. Anyone else can.

If he feels that going there would open himself up to a skit, then he shouldn't go at all. What right does he have to tell someone else they shouldn't be there? None.

I'd be more worried about Vince than Shawn anyway, since Shawn's character right now is telling Vince to get over it.

Well I doubt the real Shawn even cares if Vince got over it or not. That's what important. The HoF is not meant to be some night to further kayfabed angles. It's meant to honor the wrestlers inducted. Why should what Shawn's CHARACTER says matter?

And this just in:

Julie Hart, the former wife of Bret Hart, contacted PWInsider.com this afternoon to announce she would be in attendance at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony this Saturday night in Chicago along with their four children, Jade, Beans, Blade and Dallas, sitting in the audience for Hart's induction.

Diana Hart and Davey Boy Smith's son, Harry Smith, will also be attending the ceremony

Jade Hart? Dallas Hart? Blade Hart? BEANS Hart?

...BEANS?!

I can understand the first three... even Blade. That's kind of a cool little thing...

...but not Beans. Did they have that kid after the Berg Kick? A scrambled brain could cause a kid named "Beans" to pop up.

That has to be a nickname, Dallas, Jade and Blade are fairly fine names that are even somewhat original. If not, Beans is right there with Apple for idiotic names for kids.

Poor Harry though, you know he's going to have Johnny Ace all over him telling him "it's time for you come home, where you belong".

I'm curious to see how Dallas, has grown up since he was a prominent figure for WWE in the mid 90's with his own magazina column and a part of the Shawn/Hart storyline (where Bret resented Shawn because he was a bad role model for Dallas, who was a fan of Shawn's). I remember Dallas, was often vocal about his expectations to be a tag team with Harry.

Harry, of course went on to pursue that career. I don't know what Dallas did.

Jesus christ. It's porfessional wrestling for christ sakes, what does Bret expect ? He was going to take the WWF title to WCW, I'm almost certain of it. Vince, while he did screw Bret, was protecting his own ass. And, Shawn is an employee of Vince, so what boss wants, boss gets. Period.

There was ZERO chance of that happening.

I would imagine Bischoff would be the one who really wanted that to happen, not necisarily Bret himself

Well I doubt the real Shawn even cares if Vince got over it or not. That's what important. The HoF is not meant to be some night to further kayfabed angles. It's meant to honor the wrestlers inducted. Why should what Shawn's CHARACTER says matter?

It matters a lot since it would make absolutely no sense if Shawn interrupted his induction speech to get him involved at WM. There's almost no chance that that would happen. If anybody did something during it, it would be Vince.

I'm pretty sure Beans has been around for a while now... don't remember a nickname or not, but I remember the child being mentioned when one of Bret's sons (I think Blade) used to have his own column in WWF magazine.

If my memory serves correctly, I thought Dallas had the column and Blade was the younger blonde son, that resembled Owen more then Bret.

here is a recent picture of Bret and Blade (set in 2001)

bret_blade_jan01-sun.jpg

So, I would take from that...Dallas was the son who wrote for WWF Magazine.

I wonder if Bret will bring his wife with him, I wouldn't. Who'd let their beautiful young wife meet a bunch of scummy jerks from your former life.

I'll have to be honest, Porter ... I was just being a smartass and C&P'ing that post because you said that you wouldn't read it since it was by chaos. It's not necessarily my real feelings.

In my eyes, this is a chance for everyone to prove how they really feel about the whole situation. If Michaels' really does want to distance himself from the whole screwjob, he has a perfect chance to put his money where his mouth is and to not be at the ceremony, or if he is at the ceremony, to NOT fuck around with Hart. If Hart really wants to thank his fans for everything, he has a chance to give his speech and then be done with it. He can even go as far as to specify that he won't be at WM and that he has nothing to do with the Michaels/Vince storyline. And Vince, well ... I guess I have no idea what Vince has to prove. He's already proven that he's not over the whole Montreal incident, and doesn't really want to be. I guess this is his chance to start cleansing his image.

I'll have to be honest, Porter ... I was just being a smartass and C&P'ing that post because you said that you wouldn't read it since it was by chaos. It's not necessarily my real feelings.

In my eyes, this is a chance for everyone to prove how they really feel about the whole situation. If Michaels' really does want to distance himself from the whole screwjob, he has a perfect chance to put his money where his mouth is and to not be at the ceremony, or if he is at the ceremony, to NOT fuck around with Hart. If Hart really wants to thank his fans for everything, he has a chance to give his speech and then be done with it. He can even go as far as to specify that he won't be at WM and that he has nothing to do with the Michaels/Vince storyline. And Vince, well ... I guess I have no idea what Vince has to prove. He's already proven that he's not over the whole Montreal incident, and doesn't really want to be. I guess this is his chance to start cleansing his image.

Vince, would prove to himself and only himself that he got Bret to do something with the WWE. In his mind, he will assume Bret groveled to Vince McMahon.

Guest slmon

"Where is Bret being an emo-bitch? He doesn't want Shawn's presence to be there for what he intends to be his goodbye and thank you for all his fans. "

If Austin could be in the audience smiling and applauding for Hulk Hogan a couple of years ago, what would be so wrong about Shawn being in the audience while Bret's on stage?

Because it's not the same situation?

The ball is totally in Bret's court here and he should play this up and try to get WWE to give him what he wants.

While I could see where people think he's being a baby, if I were him I'd be nervous about them trying to work an angle too.

"Where is Bret being an emo-bitch? He doesn't want Shawn's presence to be there for what he intends to be his goodbye and thank you for all his fans. "

If Austin could be in the audience smiling and applauding for Hulk Hogan a couple of years ago, what would be so wrong about Shawn being in the audience while Bret's on stage?

Hogan and Austin, don't have that bitter history like Shawn and Bret do. Hogan, just played the typical politics. Shawn, was a self-centered, arrogant, jerk who made it his personal hobby to attack Bret and Hogan never directly lied to Austin's face as Shawn did.

When the rumors were going around that Bret may do the HOF, Shawn said Bret deserves to be in it and he wouldn't attend if that's what it took to get Bret to agree. If Bret knows this, he's expecting Shawn to keep his word.

Also, Bret Hart is doing the HOF for free. Unlike most/all others, he refused to take a pay day for it. He can do whatever he wants because he doesn't need Vince's money. The ball is in his court.

When the rumors were going around that Bret may do the HOF, Shawn said Bret deserves to be in it and he wouldn't attend if that's what it took to get Bret to agree. If Bret knows this, he's expecting Shawn to keep his word.

Also, Bret Hart is doing the HOF for free. Unlike most/all others, he refused to take a pay day for it. He can do whatever he wants because he doesn't need Vince's money. The ball is in his court.

We all know how trustworthy Shawn is with that.

And you know this for a fact, huh?

Apparently, there's always the potential for people to change for the better, except if your named Shawn Michaels.

Apparently, there's always the potential for people to change for the better, except if your named Shawn Michaels.

Shawn might have been given the benefit of the doubt, but stuff like that unprofessional stunt he pulled on Raw the day after Summerslam make it hard to really trust he'll keep his word or not try and pull another stunt.

BTW, Shawn and others all ripped Bret on that DVD before he stepped in. That was going to a Warrior style burial. Bret got to see that and I doubt Shawn took any blame for Montreal or was going to speak positively about Bret.

Hopefully those tapes will show up some day. Hell, would anyone put it past Vince to release a 10th anniversary DVD of Montreal?

BTW, Shawn and others all ripped Bret on that DVD before he stepped in. That was going to a Warrior style burial. Bret got to see that and I doubt Shawn took any blame for Montreal or was going to speak positively about Bret.

From those who have seen what Shawn said, he said nothing positive about Bret at all and totally buried him.

And you know this for a fact, huh?

And what has Shawn Michaels done to prove that he's changed for the better?

Where exactly does it say that if you are inducted into any HOF that you are required to show? If they want to recognize you then thats fine, but it does not guarantee that the person will show. WWE can induct anyone they want, but it doesnt mean they have to attend. It seems like WWE is the one making a big deal out of it. So what if Brett doesnt want to show. They could induct Owen and if the widow wants to attend or not it still does not keep them from inducting him, its more of a justification for WWE, if they agree to show up, sort of a pat on the back for them.

I think Bret is an arrogant mark for himself that was a complete dick at a signing I met him at. It doesn't surprise me to see him once again put himself over the good of the business and the fans. Fuck Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero is the 2006 HoF MVP to me. He's a better wrestler anyway, more likeable as a face, a better heel, and actually battled through a lot more trouble QUIETLY then Bret has publicly cried about on websites, newspapers, DVDs, and WWA PPVs.

Go the fuck home if you see Michaels. Michaels isn't a saint, but at least he'll entertain the fans that paid to see him...something he was always better at doing than you.

Wait, this is Bret Hart's year?

I'm sorry... it's just that since they announced Guerrero joining, that many people will look back on this event in a few years as being his. Hart will no doubt have a great speech as a farewell to his fans, but most people will probably remember the emotional speeches from Benoit, Chavo, and Rey. I also expect WWE to market it this way.

Don't forget, the WM main event will CENTER around Eddie Guerrero.

Rey will come out in the low rider, Eddie's family will be ring side. The crowd will chant 'Eddie'.

Give Bret saturday night, because Sunday night will be all Eddie.