TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Bret Hart confirms he will not be at WrestleMania

Jesus christ. It's porfessional wrestling for christ sakes, what does Bret expect ? He was going to take the WWF title to WCW, I'm almost certain of it. Vince, while he did screw Bret, was protecting his own ass. And, Shawn is an employee of Vince, so what boss wants, boss gets. Period.

There was ZERO chance of that happening.

I've read, or heard somewhere, out of Bret's mouth, he was going to do it, because he was offered a lot of money to do so, and was already angry with Vince and company.

Every shred of evidence points that Bret never had that intention and even Eric Bischoff supports against that idea was suggested. It would have been a massive legal lawsuit that Turner wasn't going to back. It was a hoax, created by McMahon-supporters to paint Vince in a positive light and make it look like Vince had no choice in the matter.

The difference between Medusa and Bret? Medusa, wasn't under contract...and because of that incident certain actions against WCW were taken.

Also, whether the WWF could have sued over it happening, it would still be a huge event for WCW, and they might have seen it as worth any potential financial/legal backlash.

Turner higher ups would have squashed anything that could open the company up to a lawsuit they would have no chance of winning.

Guest InuYasha

Seriously, I know that Bret got screwed at SS 97, and every time they go near Calgary, the fans shit on them something awful. But, for fuck's sake, Bret; it's time to stop being such an emo-bitch and grow up.

I used to feel sorry for Bret every time this was brought up. But right now, I almost hope Vince screws him over again, even worse. If Bret wasn't such a pussy about all this, he would have probably been in, if not the first, then the second HoF Induction.

Bret has gotten over it as much as he can with Vince obsessively bringing it up on a regular basis and constantly wanting Bret to be part of a Montreal angle, which he knows Bret wants nothing to do with.

Bret should have known far before now that Vince is a mentally unstable ego-manical sociopath. Hell, I work for one; but that doesn't mean I go and piss myself silly every time he does something stupid just because he's a rich, obnoxious jerk, which is almost every day.

Bret doesn't "piss himself silly" over Vince rehashing Montreal. He, like everyone else, is tired of Vince bringing it back up on a regular basis.

From what I've seen, it's the fans who will never let it die, with those "You Screwed Bret!" chants every time Vince or Hebner were out in the arena. They're the ones that bring it up every single time.

Seriously, I know that Bret got screwed at SS 97, and every time they go near Calgary, the fans shit on them something awful. But, for fuck's sake, Bret; it's time to stop being such an emo-bitch and grow up.

I used to feel sorry for Bret every time this was brought up. But right now, I almost hope Vince screws him over again, even worse. If Bret wasn't such a pussy about all this, he would have probably been in, if not the first, then the second HoF Induction.

Bret has gotten over it as much as he can with Vince obsessively bringing it up on a regular basis and constantly wanting Bret to be part of a Montreal angle, which he knows Bret wants nothing to do with.

Bret should have known far before now that Vince is a mentally unstable ego-manical sociopath. Hell, I work for one; but that doesn't mean I go and piss myself silly every time he does something stupid just because he's a rich, obnoxious jerk, which is almost every day.

Bret doesn't "piss himself silly" over Vince rehashing Montreal. He, like everyone else, is tired of Vince bringing it back up on a regular basis.

From what I've seen, it's the fans who will never let it die, with those "You Screwed Bret!" chants every time Vince or Hebner were out in the arena. They're the ones that bring it up every single time.

And you don't think Vince bringing it up for over 8 years has kept them going just a little?

Well, so much for Bret coming out with the rest of the 2006 HOF Class near the end of Wrestlemania then.

Guest JoeJoe

You know, Bret's not as plain as people think. He KNOWS that this real life feud with Shawn is what makes it interesting to see him in media limelight. It helps him, keeps him there, and it entertains the audience that feeds on it.

Him not wanting Shawn at the HOF only furthers what is a hot selling commodity for both parties, both Bret and WWE.

So what does this mean exactly? Will McMahon now do the whole introduction of the HOF class right before his match during the show, to really hammer home that Bret is an a-hole who couldn't be bothered to show up?

I don't blame Bret for not going. If they hadn't been exploiting this shit to save their bottom dollar on the PPVs which previously hadn't needed to be saved (Summerslam, Wrestlemania), then yeah, I'd be against him too. But it's clear that he doesn't need WWE money and it's clear WWE doesn't need him to make money.

He chose the smaller stage that will reach all the fans instead of the huge stage that would have made Vince a buck.

Where is Bret wrong here? Shawn never apologized and instead of risking confrontation and any anger he may still have towards Shawn, he'd rather either HBK stayed away or Bret just not go. Apparently both sides know this is the case, Shawn knew that's what it was going to take and Bret just confirmed it. A real jerk would have said come to the Hall of Fame and then made a big scene or started a fight to taint the whole thing giving Vince a big smile and laugh.

He wants to say goodbye on his terms with the people he wants there. Where is the problem with it?

He chose the smaller stage that will reach all the fans instead of the huge stage that would have made Vince a buck.

Where is Bret wrong here? Shawn never apologized and instead of risking confrontation and any anger he may still have towards Shawn, he'd rather either HBK stayed away or Bret just not go. Apparently both sides know this is the case, Shawn knew that's what it was going to take and Bret just confirmed it.

It's childish. Bret is acting like a little kid upset that one of his toys was taken away. Wait, that doesn't capture the ridiculousness of it. It's a kid upset that one of his toys was taken away 8 years ago. Shawn has tried to make amends. He's said that he's willing to talk to Bret and he would ask Bret to forgive him. He's said that Bret deserves to be in the HOF and he'd be willing to not go if that's what needed to happen. It's time for Bret to stop being an asshole.

I don't know how anyone could still have any respect for him when he acts like this.

Guest Coffey
There was ZERO chance of that happening.

I don't think it would've happened, however saying it had zero (0%) chance of happening it being a little naive. It could've happened, it just would've been very unlikely. There being a lawsuit doesn't matter, because it still could've happened and then WCW would've got sued. I'm saying the probability was very low, however the chance that, in a million years, it might've, makes it more of a possibility than saying it had ZERO chance of happening. Randomly saying it as fact and capitalizing random words doesn't mean it's 100% fact. Sorry.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

I still respect HBK, for his wrestling ability.

Has Bret been told that Shawn wasn't going to be there? Did Shawn say he wouldn't attend before Bret made this statement? If so, I can completely understand that. If they were to say he wasn't going to be there and he showed up, after everything that's gone down, I'd be pissed off too if I were in Bret's position.

If that isn't the case, it's still somewhat understandable. HBK's presence will just put more focus on their past, and whether something will happen, rather than the induction.

I don't know how anyone could still have respect for HBK after the way he's acted

Or Vince. Or Bret, for that matter.

No one is smelling like a rose in this situation.

From what I can remember, either HBK not showing up was a stipulation on Bret's part before he agreed to participate in the HOF, or HBK himself offered not to show up so that Bret would participate.

What would make it even better would be HHH not showing up, as a show of solidarity to HBK. Add Stuffy McHams to that and even I'll watch the web broadcast. ;)

In an interview with the Calgary Sun, Bret Hart definitively states that he will not be at the Wrestlemania 22 event itself in Chicago.

He also makes a pretty big statement, saying that he will instantly walk out of the Hall of Fame ceremony if he sees Shawn Michaels anywhere.

"I've basically told them that if I see Shawn, I'll get back in a cab and go straight to the airport. They'll have to get him to do my induction speech. I just feel that there's too much anger for me. Too combustible."

Spoken like a true, mature adult. Way to go, Bret, way to go.

Guest Princess Leena

I don't know how anyone could still have respect for HBK after the way he's acted

Or Vince. Or Bret, for that matter.

No one is smelling like a rose in this situation.

Indeed.

Although, I can't blame Bret for not wanting Shawn to be at the HOF. It goes further than him just hating Shawn... if Shawn's there, I'd definitely be thinking they'll interrupt Bret's speech to further continue the convoluted feud for Mania. Which Bret understandably wants no part of.

the thing about Bret taking the belt to WCW was something Vince made up to justify what he did to the wrestlers in the back to prevent a revolt.

And as for the issue at hand........ so Bret doesn't want to see the one guy he hates at his big Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Big deal I wouldn't want to see someone I hated either.

Because HBK is not acting like a kid and hasn't for about 8 years. If you're not respecting him for something that he did almost a decade ago, then you're not much better than Bret.

I still respect HBK, for his wrestling ability.

Has Bret been told that Shawn wasn't going to be there? Did Shawn say he wouldn't attend before Bret made this statement?

No, he said he wouldn't attend if that's what was preventing Bret from going. It's selfish of him to expect Shawn not to show up. Maybe Shawn would have liked to be there for Sherri, you know.

And as for the issue at hand........ so Bret doesn't want to see the one guy he hates at his big Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Big deal I wouldn't want to see someone I hated either.

The fact that he still hates someone for doing something to him in 1997 is a problem of its own.

Um, lets see:

Vince McMahon is an asshole who is clearly stuck in the past. His sole reason for the past 8 years of "screw jobs" is masturbatiory booking. He needs to get over it and move the fuck on with his life.

Shawn talks like he is moving on with his life, but yet keeps bringing it up and changing his story each time he is asked about it. He needs to get over it and move the fuck on with his life.

Bret Hart has a right not to trust the WWE, however, he keeps talking like a god damn emo listening teenager who had his LGN doll stolen from him 8 years ago. He needs to get the fuck over it and move the fuck on with his life. But he is smart by not going to Wrestlemania. After this event, never speak of it again and please can the bullshit end.

Guest burth179

I feel that Hart is being a bit selfish here about Michaels not being there. He has legitimate reason to not want to deal with Michaels, but...

The reason I think so is that there are OTHER people getting inducted at this ceremony other than Bret Hart. Sherri Martel was Shawn Michaels' manager, Eddie and Shawn while not personally all that close, I understand had a "religious bond" with one another (at least according to Shawn) and he probably would want to pay respects to Guerrero and his family.

For these reasons I think it is preposterous that Bret Hart says he'll leave if Shawn Michaels is there. What, Shawn can't pay respects to the manager that helped him get over as a singles' competitor? Or to a fallen comrade who he shared a common religious bond with?

I do feel Bret has a legitimate gripe with both Michaels and McMahon obviously, but I feel if Bret truly was the "better man" he'd accept the fact that Michaels should be allowed to attend.

It's not like he has to be buddy buddy with him or even speak or look in his direction for christ's sake.

All Bret has to do is act like Shawn isn't even there and things won't get "combustible" so to speak.

Guest burth179

What if it is revealed at Wrestlemania that this was all one big work for the past 9 years!

LOL!

Hardly a chance of that, but wouldn't that be awesome...

The thing I do find it a little bit strange that Vince all of a sudden became basically the #1 heel in the company mere months after all of this crap happened to begin with.... I realize that their is a 99.9999% chance that this was just a bi-product of what happened with Bret, but could it not have been all planned from the start? Give it 1 in a million chance?

And open himself up to a possible skit involving Shawn and Vince?

If he feels that going there would open himself up to a skit, then he shouldn't go at all. What right does he have to tell someone else they shouldn't be there? None.

I'd be more worried about Vince than Shawn anyway, since Shawn's character right now is telling Vince to get over it.

if that happens, Bret should gain the satisfaction of knowing what we all knew all along: Vince is a snake that will do anything and Bret was right about the whole deal all along.

I feel that Hart is being a bit selfish here about Michaels not being there. He has legitimate reason to not want to deal with Michaels, but...

The reason I think so is that there are OTHER people getting inducted at this ceremony other than Bret Hart. Sherri Martel was Shawn Michaels' manager, Eddie and Shawn while not personally all that close, I understand had a "religious bond" with one another (at least according to Shawn) and he probably would want to pay respects to Guerrero and his family.

For these reasons I think it is preposterous that Bret Hart says he'll leave if Shawn Michaels is there. What, Shawn can't pay respects to the manager that helped him get over as a singles' competitor? Or to a fallen comrade who he shared a common religious bond with?

I do feel Bret has a legitimate gripe with both Michaels and McMahon obviously, but I feel if Bret truly was the "better man" he'd accept the fact that Michaels should be allowed to attend.

It's not like he has to be buddy buddy with him or even speak or look in his direction for christ's sake.

All Bret has to do is act like Shawn isn't even there and things won't get "combustible" so to speak.

Correct. Bret is acting like the HOF is only for him or something like that. And I'm sure he knows that on the last two WrestleManias the HOF inductees were presented to the live crowd so if he agreed to be inducted in the first place he had to know his presence at Mania would be expected by the fans. He doesn't have to be involved in any match or anything, just smile and wave to the crowd. Although the crowd will be clamoring for him all night, I'm sure.

No Chaosrage, you cannot talk to me. Sorry. Anyone else can.

If he feels that going there would open himself up to a skit, then he shouldn't go at all. What right does he have to tell someone else they shouldn't be there? None.

I'd be more worried about Vince than Shawn anyway, since Shawn's character right now is telling Vince to get over it.

Let's forget that this year is basically Bret's. Like last year's was Hulk's. Let's forget that Bret doesn't have to do this. Let's forget that Bret is actually putting aside his REAL personal feelings so that he can help WWE benefit from him with the DVDs and the HoF. Let's forget that in the entire year up to this point, it was built around Bret with the Summerslam match between Shawn/Hulk to this Mania match between Vince/Shawn. Let's forget that Shawn has been lying to Bret and other people for so long that Bret cannot possibly believe him again, nor can anyone for that matter. Let's just rip on Bret for agreeing to appear at an event Vince INVITED him to. Clearly the people involved has no problems with his condition that Shawn not appear. If Shawn willingly SAID that (though it was meant to paint him as a complete company guy that will do anything for them), then why are people complaining about it? As Bob Barron said, if I didn't like someone, and he was expected to appear at my induction, I'd want him gone too. Anyone would. Does this make Bret petty? Perhaps. But he is in full rights to do so. And I can understand his motivation. Though continue to let the HBK glasses blind you.