TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

Don't worry, they're meeting their end on Saturday. They're 0-5-2 against Ottawa this season. Add to that (hopefully) a Tampa win over Carolina tomorrow night and that's it.

Hey, we clinched the Northeast!

Guest NYankees
The Rangers are attempting an epic chokejob down the stretch here. Ugh.

I wouldn't say that when one of the best goal tenders in hockey and 3 of their top 6 defensement are all injured. How many games do you expect the rangers to win when Weekes plays nightly.

The Rangers are attempting an epic chokejob down the stretch here. Ugh.

I wouldn't say that when one of the best goal tenders in hockey and 3 of their top 6 defensement are all injured. How many games do you expect the rangers to win when Weekes plays nightly.

They were like 8 minutes away from beating the Devils which would have clinched the division I think. They couldn't even hold on to the 2-2 tie until OT to at least get a point off of them. They very well could lose their last 2 and then have to play Buffalo on the road as a 5 seed after basically only needing 2 wins in their last 5 or 6 games to clinch the division and the 3rd seed. Granted, Henrik would have made a huge difference but they've been just close enough in every game that it looks more lik a choke than a lack of talent/effort nightly. I hope you get where I'm coming from.

I'm not overreacting because Kaspar (really does have a huge huge impact on the D), Ruchinsky, Rucchin (no matter how mad he is hes still a 2nd line center whos better than Immomen or Moore) and Henrik have been out most of these games.

The big difference between Lundvist and Weekes, beside the fact one is amazing and one sucks is that Lundvist doesn't allow rebounds, and when he does, he always is deflecting them to the corners. Hes basically like glue. Weekes on the otherhand is a wall with pucks coming off him right in front for easy rebound goals, which is because our D struggles most right in front of t5he net.

The last three posts in this thread made this thread.

BTW, to cheer niskie and max up (or bash their heads on their keyboards), Boston lost 31 games this year by one goal.

Now that the Oilers are in, I really hope that they DON'T end up playing Dallas. Call me crazy but I believe Edmonton matches up better with the run and gun style of the Wings. Not only would Dallas beat Edmonton for the 2030433249002934903th time in a row, they would destroy them this time around. I feel bad for Canucks fans but in a way this is karma because the Canucks beat the Oilers on the final day of 2004 to send us packing. I will also root for San Jose (if they dont play edmonton or a canadian team) all the way through as a thank you.

Edmonton gave Detroit fits about everytime they played this year. They have enough speed to get around some of the slower defensemen with relative ease, and just seem to come up with the loose pucks more times than not. Detroit would still be favored, but it wouldn't be too much of a sure thing. As a fan I root for Detroit to go all the way, but they just seem to lack something(they get beat up by the other team a bit too easily even while winning, and struggle more than they should against the dreck of the league). That said, I thought the same thing in 01-02' when they won it. So here's to hope.

The Stanley Cup champions will be the San Jose Sharks. When this happens, I will hang myself. Detroit's the best team, but they have issues.

You just KNEW that the Lightning/Hurricanes game would end up being a three-point game, making neither Leafs fans nor Sens fans particularly happy.

Tampa better pick up the third point.

The Senators will win the Cup.

Does not compute.

Yeah, I know but that was last year.

lalime.jpg

Good times. The best was making that the background on my dad's computer and him not knowing how to change it.

Guest NYankees

Do the Rangers even have a fucking defense. It's 3-0 now. Rangers can officially kiss goodbye to home ice, the division and the chance of winning a playoff series.

The Rangers are going to be swept if Lundvist or Kaspar don't come back for the playoffs. They just suck right now.

Atleast during the six game losing streak they just couldn't score but now they can't do anything right.