TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

So, maybe the Leafs aren't done.

Also, one playoff matchup is set.

#4 Nashville will play #5 San Jose

The refs must really want the Leafs in the playoffs. Three very questionable penalties have led to three power play goals.

The Leafs are still done if Tampa holds onto this lead against Carolina.

EDIT: I don't think Ottawa beats Toronto even without the penalties, though. Toronto is just playing desperate hockey.

Fucking stupid Carolina.

Oh well, Leafs don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway, no matter how good they're playing down the stretch. And it's nice to beat the Sens for a change, too.

this east race is coming right down to the wire

my predictions for 7th and 8th: atlanta and tampa bay...montreal's last game is against new jersey, and they haven't beat them all season

atlanta plays florida and washington in their last two, non-playoff teams, and tampa plays washington in their last game

so i hope gainey gets rid of that floater kovalev in the off-season...so what if he leads the team in points? he doesn't work hard enough

Guest heyimbro

Carolina, WHY DO YOU TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS.

There's always next ye-- who am I kidding, the Leafs will suck until the last 10 games of the season then too.

Oh well. I had resigned myself to them missing it after Montreal a few weeks back, but this still sucks. It'll be especially frustrating if they end up tied in points with Tampa, knowing that one goal in a shootout somewhere might have been the difference.

Hey, guess how many goals the Bruins lost their season finale against Atlanta by?

Yep, one goal. I know, I'm shocked too.

I have Montreal and Atlanta taking 7th and 8th.

Also, #1 Detroit will be playing #8 Edmonton. That's going to be an asskicking.

Western Conference Final.... Calgary vs San Jose

Eastern Conference Final......New Jersey vs Buffalo

Stanley Cup Final.................San Jose vs New Jersey

That Luc Robitaille night was something else. I hate to see legends walk away. I'm definitely going to get tickets for his jersey retirement.

San Jose won't get past the second round.

God damn Montreal. Why can't you play good hockey, and keep Bonk from playing 15 minutes a game.

You don't think Tampa Bay can get a point against Washington at home?

And I think Jersey and Buffalo will be meeting before the conference finals. I actually think New Jersey is going to win the Atlantic.

Guest NYankees

hahahaha. Sorry I am still laughing over the semi choke job by the Rangers. I pray that Kasp and Lundqvist come back healthy or the playoffs is going to be 4 and done.

No, I don't. Tampa's goaltending is inconsistent as hell. They were very lucky to win last night.

Hey, guess how many goals the Bruins lost their season finale against Atlanta by?

Yep, one goal. I know, I'm shocked too.

After blowing a one goal lead in the third...

With the Devils beating the Flyers the Rangers again have control of their own destiny. With Henrik, Kaspar and I think Rucchin back in the lineup, and a bored Senators team they better fucking win.

Guest NYankees

If the Rangers tie and lose, do they still win their division? Because if the Devils win and or the Flyers win, they would all have 101 points.

If the Rangers tie and lose, do they still win their division? Because if the Devils win and or the Flyers win, they would all have 101 points.

No, I believe we'd end up 6th because both Philly and the Devs would have more wins than we do, and I'm fairly certain that's the first tiebreaker. We need a 'W' to guarantee the 3 seed.

If the Rangers win, then they win the division.

If the Rangers lose to the Sens... and the Devils beat the Habs and if the Flyers also lose to the Islanders... then the Devils can win the division...

If the Rangers lose in overtime, and the Devils win, then the Devils win the division due to having more wins than the Rags.

The Flyers need the Rangers and Devils to lose, and Philadelphia needs to beat the Isles in order to win the division.

If the Rangers lose in regulation and the Devils lose in OT coupled with a Flyers loss or loss in OT, the Devils win the division.

I think that's all of it.

Guest NYankees

No, I believe we'd end up 6th because both Philly and the Devs would have more wins than we do, and I'm fairly certain that's the first tiebreaker. We need a 'W' to guarantee the 3 seed.

And the Rangers are playing the Senators. OOOOO boy!!!!

I called my grandfather last night while drunk to congratulate him over the Leafs win over the Sens. I didn't realise that Tampa had lost, and apologised to him probably 10 times today.

My dad, an equally big Leafs fan, has been saying it's been over since the weekend in Montreal. He was actually pulling against them the last two weeks, saying no Leafs at the spring dance means a huge overhaul in Hogtown.

Also, as if I hadn't mentioned enough that the Hart should go to Thornton, Cheechoo now has 56 and has the Richard lead.

No, I don't. Tampa's goaltending is inconsistent as hell. They were very lucky to win last night.

^ Fact.

However, Atlanta will have played 3 in 4 on Tuesday night. So, I'm going to say Montreal Tampa go 7-8.

And I think Jersey and Buffalo will be meeting before the conference finals. I actually think New Jersey is going to win the Atlantic.

Looks good with New Jersey winning over Philly today. I'm sure the Sabres would much rather face the Devils.

However, Atlanta will have played 3 in 4 on Tuesday night. So, I'm going to say Montreal Tampa go 7-8.

Atlanta is playing against Washington and Florida. I like their chances.

I know, I think they're going to make moves to make themselves contenders next year. Tuesday's going to be great with all those games in that 3 hour period.

If Atlanta misses the playoffs, it's because of the Chris Dingman goalie incident 2 weeks ago. They have MIKE DUNHAM as their #1 right now. That's tough.

With the Devils beating the Flyers the Rangers again have control of their own destiny. With Henrik, Kaspar and I think Rucchin back in the lineup, and a bored Senators team they better fucking win.

The Sens won't be bored when they still have a chance to take first overall in the East. Plus, Hasek is scheduled to start...which could be good or bad.