TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO WrestleMania 22 thread - 4/2/06

HHH tapping out and Rey winning the title..and RVD winning a Title shot..HBK with the elbow off a 30 foot ladder..

Meh..not the greatest WM ever but not the worst either..

Hunter should have won. This Cena run is a disaster

HHH will win the title back in 4 weeks...seeing him tap out clean to Cena of all people at WM when no one expecting that Cena would win, much less get him to tap out..makes it better...I suppose.

Anyone still want screencaps?

Yeah

So star ratings for the matches then?

TBS-Kane Vs Carlito & Masters: *1/4

MITBII:***

JBL/Benoit: **1/2

Edge Vs Foley: ***1/2

Trish Vs Mickie: ****

Boogeyman Vs The T's: DUD

Undertaker Vs Henry: *1/2

HBK Vs McMahon: ***1/4

Triple Threat: **3/4

Playboy match: dud

Cena Vs Triple H: **

My question is...where do they go with HHH after this? Clearly he'll get another title shot soon (probably at the next PPV). But frankly, he can't just go out and cut another "you got lucky, kid" promos this time. They need to figure out a better way to re-build him after putting over Cena like that.

Guest InuYasha

Can someone please synopsize the winners and losers for me? I just got home.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
My question is...where do they go with HHH after this? Clearly he'll get another title shot soon (probably at the next PPV). But frankly, he can't just go out and cut another "you got lucky, kid" promos this time. They need to figure out a better way to re-build him after putting over Cena like that.

Cena used the power of the mob. he should have been DQed.

Winners:

TBS-Kane Vs Carlito & Masters: *1/4

MITBII:*** RVD

JBL/Benoit: **1/2

Edge Vs Foley: ***1/2

Trish Vs Mickie: ****

Boogeyman Vs The T's: DUD

Undertaker Vs Henry: *1/2

HBK Vs McMahon: ***1/4

Triple Threat: **3/4 Rey

Playboy match: dud Torrie

Cena Vs Triple H: **

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Id actually like to see Cena vs RVD at the ECW ppv over RVD-HHH

there's an interesting dynamic.

Would you guys seriously have been happy if HHH had won? I seriously have a hard time believing this board wouldn't have been flooded with comments like "HHH won...big surprise, thanks Steph," etc. I don't like Cena, but did you guys really want HHH to go over?

Shawn puts over Bret on the postgame.

Let the bitching begin.

Whu????

Grisham asked Shawn about Bret being in the HOF. Shawn said it was about time and he was happy for Bret and his family, he deserved it, and he's glad that Bret "Is Okay and has peace in his heart".

Of course, he didn't apologize for Montreal, so all that is meaningless.

Would you guys seriously have been happy if HHH had won?

This main event should've been called the Kobayashi Maru, for it truly was a no-win scenario.

Would you guys seriously have been happy if HHH had won? I seriously have a hard time believing this board wouldn't have been flooded with comments like "HHH won...big surprise, thanks Steph," etc. I don't like Cena, but did you guys really want HHH to go over?

Yes, at least you could make a good argument for HHH having the title.

This place is never happy. There is always something to bitch about here.

Shawn puts over Bret on the postgame.

Let the bitching begin.

Whu????

Grisham asked Shawn about Bret being in the HOF. Shawn said it was about time and he was happy for Bret and his family, he deserved it, and he's glad that Bret "Is Okay and has peace in his heart".

Take this to the appropiate thread, we dont need more Bret/HBK talk.

I didn't care if either one of them went over, and that was part of the reason I didn't order the PPV. I didn't care.

However, from a booking standpoint, they really need to get the title off of Cena, or turn him heel. Or at least acknowledge that everyone hates him. Having J.R. try to explain it and still keeping him as a face is embarrasing.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Hunter's the lesser of two evils.

That motherfucking Shawn. I bet he only said that to make himself look good! To make himself look like he's not as bitter and whiny as Bret!

He already offered to apologize for Montreal, years ago. Bret rejected it.

This place is never happy. There is always something to bitch about here.

Yes, and I understand that is part of what makes an internet message board tick, but at the same time, the hypocrisy here is pretty thick, at least as far as HHH-Cena is concerned.

FWIW, I thought the HHH pic of him dressed in costume looked cool. Wrestlemania is the place for overdone outfits and such. At least it used to be.

The show, in hindsight should have ended with the triple-threat. It also should have gotten 5-8 more minutes, just like Benoit/JBL. Each match were on their way to being pretty damn good and just abruptly ended.

A career politicker is the lesser of two evils compared to a guy in the business for only like 3-4 years and is by all accounts a nice guy?

The devil you know vs. the devil you don't.