TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Post Mania Speculation for the Year

It's that time of year again folks. Wrestlemania is the culmination of WWE's year-long build. Last year they pushed the draft back a couple of months, but there are typically debuts, new pushes, the draft lottery, etc. right after Wrestlemania.

So give a rundown of whatever you want (wrestler's, draft lottery, titleholders, etc.) that you think we'll see for the upcoming year. I'll post mine in a few.

Guest Coffey

I want to see John Cena turn heel, sooner rather than later.

I'd like to see Batista come back and regain the World Title. He makes a great, believable champion.

I want to see Degeneration-X reform again just because of the antics last night at Wrestlemania. Have the storyline be that HHH needs help to get his title back and that McMahon forced the old Shawn back out of HBK.

It'd be great to see WWE get the tag division flourishing again. Someone for MNM to work with so that they can actually have a Wrestlemania match next year. Maybe try to get Jeff Hardy back to reform the Hardy Boys or something, fuck if I know.

I want to see Austin/Hogan.

I want to watch Carlito, Chris Masters, Paul Burchil & Finlay all get big pushes.

Announce a new Raw GM finally.

Raw

Acquired via Lottery or Trade

1. Undertaker

2. Doug Basham

3. Ken Kennedy

4. Jillian Hall

5. Orlando Jordan

Individual Wrestlers

RVD---Has the MitB title shot for one year. I see him either cashing it in at the ECW PPV, or announcing when he wants to use it at that PPV. I don't see him winning it with the MitB shot unless it is at the ECW show.

Edge---Big win over Foley keeps him on the cusp of the Main Event scene. He needs to get another title win this year and let him have at least a 3 month run.

Triple H---Probably winning the title soon. I could see him beating Orton for it as early as tonight's Raw, but definitely by the end of Backlash.

Cena---Heel turn and revamp him.

Shawn Michaels---One or two matches every 3 months. I see him getting "injured" soon to explain a lenghty absence, but goes to Smackdown in the Lottery.

Carlito---Feuds with Masters, continues to be an uppercard guy, but gets some big wins.

Masters---Loses the feud to Carlito, continues to be an uppercard guy until he goes to Smackdown.

Kane & Big Show---Will lose the tag belts to the Spirit Squad when Vince puts all five of them vs. Kane and Show at the same time. These two feud for awhile afterward.

Spirit Squad---Will be able to defend the belts with any two of the members. Ken Doane and Johnny Jeter will break away from the group first to go on solo runs.

Shelton Benjamin---Will defend his belt against Charlie Haas for awhile, and then be pushed up the card a little if he doesn't keep slipping on the ropes. A good series with Haas could bring back his ground wrestling.

Taker---Will switch to Raw so he can have fresh matches for his 3 fueds on the year. I see him doing something with Triple H for the fall while neither men has the title.

Doug Basham---Joins brother Danny on Raw and they reform their tag team to give them something to do, and provide another team.

Ken Kennedy---A run with the IC title, wins a feud with Flair, and associates himself with Vince to keep moving up the card.

Jillian Hall---Moves over for the women's division.

Orlando Jordan---Moves over because there is nothing for him to do on Smackdown. Not much for him to do on Raw, but at least it would be newer for him.

WWE Heavyweight Championship Lineage for the year

Cena > Triple H > RVD > Edge

or

Cena > Triple H > Edge (in a 3-way and/or if H goes tweener or face)

A sex tape will surface featuring Lita, Mickey James, Trish, Snitsky.

Vince, is still behind the pop-culture curve. He still thinks its 1995 and appearing in Playboy is the "ultimate" thing. It won't be until 2011, when Vince's rotting corpse figures out that sex tapes were gold in 2006.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I want to see Angle, Michaels Benoit and Taker on one show together so they can feud forever.

I want to see Angle, Michaels Benoit and Taker on one show together so they can feud forever.

The fact they haven't found a way to throw 'Taker Vs Benoit against each other in 6 years is down-right sad. I mean, just call it a #1 contender's match and go at it for 25 minutes.

Throw Benjamin to Smackdown as well, because he should be working people like Rey, Angle, Benoit, Hardy etc. (not Flair, RVD)

Guest JRE

I kinda wanna see RVD go heel on Flair. I dunno how that would work asfar as crowd reactions go, I just want to see RVD with a heel attitude against Flair.

Smackdown

Acquired via Lottery or Trade

1. Chris Masters

2. Shawn Michaels

3. Eugene

4. Coach

5. Johnny Parisi

Individual Wrestlers

Rey Mysterio---Defends against Angle, Orton until losing the title and having a good series with Benoit.

Kurt Angle---Chases after his title, has a series with Lashley at some point, and faces a returning Batista.

Randy Orton---Wins the belt in the near future, loses it to Batista later.

Batista---Returns to feud with Orton and wins the belt. Faces Angle, Benoit, and Rey.

Chris Benoit---Series with Lashley at some point, series with Finlay and Regal, and faces Batista for the title.

Bobby Lashley---Series with Angle, Benoit, Rey after he turns heel. Put him with the good workers and let him get better.

Finlay---Tears it up with Benoit and Regal. Holds the US title for a while, and helps the newcomers get better in the ring.

JBL---Midcard and US title until a face turn sees him move up the card a little.

Paul Birchall---US belt for him this year after beating Finlay for the belt.

MNM---Malena adds Johnny "Swinger" to her stable, possibly after Johnny Nitro breaks away, butI would like to see the 3 of them together.

Mark Henry---Midcard feuds for anyone looking to beat a big man before moving up.

Booker T---A serious push toward the World title, but he comes up short.

Chris Masters---Comes over from Raw and pushes toward the Main Event.

Shawn Michaels---Fresh feuds for his 1-2 matches every 3 months. Special attraction.

Eugene---All sorts of shenanigans with the Boogeyman, history with Regal.

Coach---gets him off the Raw announce team. Make him a manager for Mark Henry and put Daivari in the cruiser division.

Johnny Parisi---joins MNM's stable.

***Not speculating on Cruiser or Tag divisions right now***

World Title Lineage

Rey > Orton > Batista > Angle

Lashly needs to get traded to RAW, he's done everything he can on Smackdown, and will only go down from here. I want Finlay and Burchill to get a push. Finlay is more likely then Burchill. Carlito needs to turn face and have a main event run.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Lashly needs to get traded to RAW, he's done everything he can on Smackdown, and will only go down from here. I want Finlay and Burchill to get a push. Finlay is more likely then Burchill. Carlito needs to turn face and have a main event run.

Lashley, yes, but I really hope they dont push the Pirate until they drop the gimmick

Lashley needs to go back to OVW and learn how to work first. Then move him to Raw. The guy is a stiff and while he's had some heated brawls with Finley that I dig, he hasn't blown me away in the ring and I believe his longest singles match is something like 10-12 minutes. I like him and he has marketability up the wazoo, but he was brought up too soon and needs more polish.

Guest Catcher8C

if they have the draft 2 weeks from tonight, on the 17th, it will be the second time it has been held at the saavis center in st. louis. i say that because that's the next supershow on the schedule. also, ive got 2nd row tickets, which rocks.

what was the date of last year's draft?

either way, i think it's important that WWE does it right this year. it seems like smackdown is always at a serious disadvantage (at least initially) right after the draft lottlry.

off topic: ive never been as close as the second row for anything other than house shows. is it appropriate to bring a sign if you have floor seats? i dont kno if it matters, but i want to be sure.

if they have the draft 2 weeks from tonight, on the 17th, it will be the second time it has been held at the saavis center in st. louis. i say that because that's the next supershow on the schedule. also, ive got 2nd row tickets, which rocks.

what was the date of last year's draft?

either way, i think it's important that WWE does it right this year. it seems like smackdown is always at a serious disadvantage (at least initially) right after the draft lottlry.

off topic: ive never been as close as the second row for anything other than house shows. is it appropriate to bring a sign if you have floor seats? i dont kno if it matters, but i want to be sure.

The draft will follow last years design and last a month with one new departure/arrival per show per week. It took place in june to july last year.

God, I so do not want another freaking re-draft. SD has such a stacked roster at the moment with lots of good feud opportunities. Here's the only draft I would accept:

To Raw:

- Mark Henry

- Scotty 2 Hotty

- Sylvain

- Gymini

To SD:

- Edge

- Shelton

- RVD

- Johnny Jeter*

- Ken Doane*

*With no Spirit squad gimmick.

Unfortuantely, this means I'll really get:

To Raw:

- Benoit

- William Regal

- Ken Kennedy

- MNM

To SD:

- Chris Masters

- RVD

- Torrie Wilson

- Kane

- Rob Conway

Lashley should go to Raw where he can destroy other big guys like Tomko, Snitsky, eventually Kane and Big Show to establish him as some Goldberg-eqsue powerhouse.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

The fact they haven't found a way to throw 'Taker Vs Benoit against each other in 6 years is down-right sad. I mean, just call it a #1 contender's match and go at it for 25 minutes.

Throw Benjamin to Smackdown as well, because he should be working people like Rey, Angle, Benoit, Hardy etc. (not Flair, RVD)

Taker fought Beniot on a UK PPV

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

I'm intrigued by your version of having done everything he could on SD!

The WWE board has amused me greatly the last 3 days

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Lashley should go to Raw where he can destroy other big guys like Tomko, Snitsky, eventually Kane and Big Show to establish him as some Goldberg-eqsue powerhouse.

They've been building up a Kane feud for months.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I wanna see Finlay go to RAW and have some matches with Flair.

That takes Finlay away from Benoit, Angle and Regal. Fuck that.

Then send Flair to Smackdown

What I want to see:

Moved to Raw:

Undertaker

JBL (with Us Title)

MNM (Melina to feud for Women's title / Mercury Nitro for tag titles)

Moved to Smackdown:

HBK

Kane

Shelton Benjamin (With IC Title)

EDGE

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
What I want to see:

Moved to Raw:

Undertaker

JBL (with Us Title)

MNM (Melina to feud for Women's title / Mercury Nitro for tag titles)

Moved to Smackdown:

HBK

Kane

Shelton Benjamin (With IC Title)

EDGE

This is going to sound silly, but if JBL goes to raw, I want him to be able to contend for the IC belt.

Kane turns on Big Show at Backlash and gets drafted to Smackdown! where he finally gets a World Heavyweight Title run. Kane/Batista at Summerslam for the title.

Shelton Benjamin & JBL get drafted to SD! and RAW, switching champions. JBL can feud with Flair and Chavo or form his own stable. Benjamin can have great matches with Benoit, Hardy and Finlay.

Rey Mysterio either loses the title really fast or he keeps it for like 3 months before losing it to Kane. Mysterio goes back to being a Upper Midcarder because he isn't a credible champion.

HBK and HHH reunite to form DX (hopefully), they should be Face/Tweeners. Cena goes away from the main event for a while. Edge is the best option to hold the WWE Title. RVD can feud with him, HHH and HBK can feud with him and even Cena can feud with him. Edge is the only real Heel right now on RAW, he can be a great coward Heel.

Booker T & Goldust reunite to feud with the Gymini or MNM. MNM might go to RAW (I hope not cause the Spirit Squad should be the number one tag team on RAW). Booker T can also go to RAW and reunite with Goldust there.

They should tease a Undertaker title run when Undertaker faces Kane for the World Title but Kane NEEDS to go over to make him a credible champ. Taker gets drafted to RAW afterwards and when Edge loses the WWE Title around the Royal Rumble he feuds with Taker at 'Mania. Edge beats Taker at Mania.

Maybe HHH/Cena rematch at 'Mania. HHH is the one that stops Edge's title run as a face. Cena returns as a dick Heel and they have a rematch.

I still fail to see how Rey Mysterio is not a credible world champion...he's faced and beaten or has come close to beating most of the top names not only in the WWE but back when he was actually smaller in WCW...he can hang with anyone on the roster, so stop saying he's not credible as a Main Eventer. That's not just coming from a Mysterio mark, that's coming from someone who watches wrestling regularly.

Something interesting that I took off the Arrowhead Pond website.

May 8, 2006 - 5:30 pm

Catch all the action and excitement when WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT makes its way to Anaheim. SPECIAL MAIN EVENT MATCH! Triple Threat World Heavyweight Title Match in a CAGE with TRIPLE H VS. JOHN CENA VS. EDGE!

So, count on that for another month at the very least. Don't know whether it's a dark match or not, but it's something to think about.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I still fail to see how Rey Mysterio is not a credible world champion...he's faced and beaten or has come close to beating most of the top names not only in the WWE but back when he was actually smaller in WCW...he can hang with anyone on the roster, so stop saying he's not credible as a Main Eventer. That's not just coming from a Mysterio mark, that's coming from someone who watches wrestling regularly.

With the exception of Hunter, Cena and Batista (whom he's never really faced) he holds pinfall victories over almost all the recent World Champions of note.

Something interesting that I took off the Arrowhead Pond website.

May 8, 2006 - 5:30 pm

Catch all the action and excitement when WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT makes its way to Anaheim. SPECIAL MAIN EVENT MATCH! Triple Threat World Heavyweight Title Match in a CAGE with TRIPLE H VS. JOHN CENA VS. EDGE!

So, count on that for another month at the very least. Don't know whether it's a dark match or not, but it's something to think about.

I wouldn't mind that for a PPV ME.

With the exception of Hunter, Cena and Batista (whom he's never really faced) he holds pinfall victories over almost all the recent World Champions of note.

exactly, and the ones he hasn't beaten he's at least shown that he's not some squash victory for them, they all struggle with beating him. He's always been booked as the little man that can take on any challenge no matter how big, even in WCW.