TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patty O'Green

AngleMania V feedback

I've just been skimming through, it's a great show, everyone, and I only wish I could've given something better to the show, but I'll try to make up for it in May

Like Masked Man, I, too, have been skimming through the show and though it may sound bias, IMO, the Match of the Night goes to the tag team match NYU wrote featuring Black T vs. Hoff and Drek Stone. Just an epic battle between 2 of the greatest singles competitors in OAOAST history going up against perhaps the best tag team in OAOAST history.

Other quick comments...

In a show of continuity that would make Zack blush (because he's usually the one who brings up storylines and gimmicks from OAOAST's past), KC broked out the old "Show Before The Show" pre-game.

Great opening that I originally intended to use last year after Popick used it the year before, but then NYU came in at the last minute and gave AM IV a true opening. I had saved the original for this year, before Axel came on to do the PPVs, but I couldn't find it when he asked if anybody had written an opening for him. And beating on Jesse was a sure-fire way to get heat.

More thoughts to come later.

Okay, I'll start this one off.

If there's one show in the entire year that absolutely everybody involved in the OAOAST should try to leave some kind of feedback, even if it's only a sentence or two on each match, it's AngleMania. So with that being said, I'll try to start off, and I hope to see others follow suit.

First off, the obligatory love for the graphics. I thought the slot machine idea for the title matches was excellent, and the glittering words for all the other match graphics looked great. Papa always comes through with giving the Pay-Per-Views a special feeling with these graphics, and this month was no exception. Amazing.

The Pre-Show Battle Royal -- Man, truth be told, I didn't know more than half the people in this match. D*LUX? Jade? Dance Dance Dragon?! I've been away for a long time. I was cheering hard for Mister Warrior though, so two thumbs down for his elimination. Besides that, this was actually a really fun opener. Lots of actual action but a good amount of comedy spots as well -- Dragon playing DDR in the middle of the ring sticks out in my mind the most. I give KC huge credit for finding a way to get all these secondary OAOAST characters involved.

For spending about ten minutes on the opening for AngleMania V, Adam did a decent job. It can't beat the opening I did for AngleMania IV last year, but it was fine nonetheless. I did like the tension though with Axel commentating the pre-match rundown. Since I left, he's really managed to establish himself as perhaps the top asshole in the OAOAST, and that segment only verified that. It would have been nice to have seen Tony and Jesse comment a little more on the matches and their backstories, but considering the time constraints, it was handled well.

The New New Midnight Express vs. The Heavenly Rockers -- This match was SO intense and did such a great job of blowing off this feud that has been brewing for so long. So many things were handled well here. The blood right near the beginning of the match made perfect sense, since this contest was more about pain and suffering than simply getting the win. Synth biting Simon's forehead and licking the blood off his chin was sick. It was great to see Holly also get involved and finally get some revenge on Jim Cornette. Logan proposing to Holly at the end was just the perfect way to cap this thing off too. I do hope this isn't the last we see of NNMX though. Either way, I loved it.

Off to class now. I'll be back later on to comment a little more. Really hope to see some others leave feedback too though. The apathy shown thus far for the biggest Pay-Per-View of the year has been a little alarming.

I've been so bad at doing anything of late, the least I can do is feedback...

Good to see "The Show before the Show" returning, especially MISTER WARRIOR. Nice to have different announcers and everything flowed well, which is always good in battle royals which can get a bit confused and messy sometimes.

Fantastic graphics, of course.

NNMX/Heavenly Rockers has been such a lengthy and well built feud, this was one of the matches I was most looking forward to, and it didnt disappoint. A great, wild brawl with plenty of "ouch" offense, especially the pile driver onto the rail to finish. Very sick. Could NNMX's demise lead to a singles push for the Handsome Hustler? I for one would like to see that.

I am a mark for CoD and Patty's writing style (I bet no one else used "begets" or "feral tenacity"), so it was good to see them on the show. Some v funny stuff and entertaining sequences.

Woo, KISS! I remember when I had Hell's Hitmen beat them up, so I'm surprised they agreed to come back.

TK/Reject was a good straightforward match to follow the CoD stuff, and although I didn't like the ending too much the match itself was solid.

More laters...

For what it's worth, I thought the main event was the best match I've ever written solo (KC did a good portion of '05 MOTY candidate Ultimate X), so I'd love to hear what others thought. It's a good length, I thought; I had ideas for other things to do, but I wanted it to flow well. But why the hell did I think we were in the Trump Taj-Mahal? Didn't that close down?

Anyway, onto the feedback (stealing NYU's format, which I will embellish on later when I read the show more carefully)

- Blah blah, Papacita is king of graphics, you know the drill. But I'd say the AnglePalooza graphics were his best this year.

- Battle royal - I vaguely remember MISTER WARRIOR from my early days here, but can't remember if that was one of Mario's 3 billion characters. Anyway, a good way to get people that didn't have anything else to do involved in the show.

- Hey, Axel partly stole my AM commercial for the open! Why I'm......ok with that, really. I was wondering when Axel would finally say something about Hoff and Drek (because it makes sense for him to be involved in their return somehow).

- NNMX vs. Heavenly Rockers: Tony did a great job conveying the idea that this wasn't a normal tag match and these two teams just wanted to beat the shit out of each other early on. This might just be me, but I thought the big spots (piledriver on the railing for one) could have used a little more dramatic buildup because they are the high points of the match. Still, a well done blowoff with a nice AngleMania happy ending.

- COD vs. Bo/Wright: Only Patty can make a damn e-fed entrance sound like its from some glitzy Las Vegas revue. That's probably why the backstage buffet for the wrestlers was just crackers and Cheez-Whiz. I'm gonna have to set aside some time for this match, so I'll add more later.

Thunderkid vs. Reject: I guess I'll use the word "unspectacular" to describe this match. I guess Alf was pressed for time due to work because he wrote it like two weeks ago. But it was well constructed with some good spots and wrestling and the ending sets up a future rematch.

More later.

-Battle Royal (with cheese).

MISTER WARRIOR~! Nice little surprise entrant there. Good usage of a lot of the minor players in the world of the OAOAST, much like how WWE has grown accustom to cramming it's Mania-matchless talent onto a pre-show battle royal. Although if MNM were in the OAOAST, they'd have had a match on the main card for sure. But I digress. Good match to hype up the show and get the ball rolling. D*LUX and Team Heyross seem to have sewn the seeds for a war coming out of this, and those could be some extremely entertaining segments if that's the case. Also liked the female commentary team for the match.

Dance Dance Dragon should become a D*LUX groupie. Or form a duo with MISTER WARRIOR~! Imagine a dance off between those four.

One thing though:

MISTER WARRIOR

LEFT: 7th

ELIMINATED: Flex Phillips, Dance Dance Dragon

ELIMINATED BY: Mister Warrior

LEFT IN RING: 13

...I suppose if anyone could pull that off, it's Mister Warrior.

-Graphics kicked ass as usual. It was previously mentioned that the slot machine graphics to go along with the location theme were awesome.

-Quickie intro, but I suppose it's better than a rambling rundown of the card.

-NNMX vs. Heavenly Rockers

Now THIS is how you end a rivalry. No chain wrestling needed! Starting off with a big brawl was a great way to begin the show. The anarchy in this match was a precursor for things to come in the other matches. Loved the slip n' slide guardrail spot as well. This was a good finish to the feud, and it combined the other aspects (COD's past with NNMX, the Bruiser/SCM interference) to make for an all around entertaining match.

...and that's all I can get to right now seeing as how I'm out of work in 20 minutes. Damn phone calls kept me from doing anymore than this menial bit. I'll try to hop online when I get in later tonight and leave some more.

NNMX vs. Heavenly Rockers: This might just be me, but I thought the big spots (piledriver on the railing for one) could have used a little more dramatic buildup because they are the high points of the match.

I agree. Probably would've happened if I wasn't so damn tired after spending a good chunk of Sunday afternoon writing the match. For you old school fans out there, Logan's "Holly... Holly" line was a wink and a nod to Randy Savage's on-screen proposal to Miss Elizabeth back in the day, which is what got me to have Logan propose in the first place. That just popped into my head one day and I thought it would be a great way to finally blow off the NNMX-HR feud, so I started dropping hints of Holly wanting to get married last summer. Yes, foreshadowing. It's a little something I love.

Anyway, more feedback. I like what's gone down so far, with guys commenting on what they've already read.

Show Before The Show:

I'm sorry to say I didn't have a chance to read last week's HD so I could work on my AM match (yeah, that didn't work out as planned; started on Sunday!), so I don't know if Melody and Jade formed some kind of a friendship. That said, I absolutely loved their commentary. It felt like two girlfriends who have never watched professional wrestling before in their lives getting hammered while making random observations of what they're seeing. Mister Warrior's return and elimination was awesome. If somebody had to throw him out I'm glad it was Team Heyross. As for the battly royal, I'm gonna piggyback on the comments made by Zack and NYU because I can't say it any better. But I'll say this, The Triple Threat doing the old Demolition trio of tongues was a major mark out moment for me.

Alfdogg vs. Peter Knight:

The ME was more of a wrestling match than I thought it would be; I figured it would mostly be a brawl but was pleasantly surprised to see otherwise. I think PK is right in saying this was the best match he's ever written because that's what I felt after reading it. When I saw the line about Axel needing to teach Earl how to count, I thought there might be a play on Montreal only with a face coming out to prevent that from happening. Then SJ gets involved?! Damn, I forgot about his promise to be at AM. Honestly, I kinda groaned when I read that at first, but as I kept reading I warmed up to what was going down. If this was real, you'd have a bunch of screaming smarks bitching over PK no selling the back work (of the Sharpshooter) and hitting the Knightmare. But it isn't real, baby! Thumbs up to the ME. And all hail the new champion, Alfdogg. A great comeback story. Congrats, Alf. You deserve it.

CABOOSE

This was the greatest night in this company's history.

Wait until what's possibily in store for next year. You'll see what I mean.

Match of the Night: Drek Stone & Hoff vs. Black T (Yes, I'm already giving it away. Let's see if I get wowed by another match as I continue to leave feedback)

Line of the Night: -- "Mel and Marv, sharing a Dick. So many jokes, yet so little time." -- Melody

Wait until what's possibily in store for next year. You'll see what I mean.

INTRIGUE~!

Okay, back for Part II.

Chicks Over Dicks vs. Christian Wright & Bohemoth -- Man, I loved the entrances here. Something as simple as changing the color of the fonts really added to the glitz of the presentation. Krista drinking tequila before her match? Alcoholic. And the image of Krista posing the corner while Alix is stuffing cookies in her mouth and playing games on her cell phone is just amazingly funny. Okay, onto the match.

Wait, before I do that, line of the night:

“HEY!” Screams a second row fan in a New York Islanders Jersey “I CAME TO SEE A GAY ORGY, NOT WRESTLING! SCREW THIS, HETEROS!” He declares, and promptly walks out.

Okay, with that said, I thought the match was great. I really enjoy all of Patty's little quips during the match. It just makes it so easy and entertaining to read. I liked the story of Krista and Alix trying to use every trick in the book -- putting Bohemoth on the phone with Paris Hilton, for one -- knowing it may be the only way they could get the win. Yet, what I like most about Patty's stuff is that he focuses more on catching the true personalities of the characters than going for an overly scientific matchup that ends up being a chore to read. Christian Wright's arrogance was tremendous here, both from his actions and his quotes to the crowd and his opponents. Furthermore, although he wound up taking the final pinfall, Bohemoth looked rather strong as well. I've always been a huge fan of Patty's work, but this match actually made me an even bigger one. Just excellent.

Reject vs. Thunderkid -- As the others in this thread have said so far, this match was solid, although unspectacular. There were some really nice spots here though, like the shooting star press onto the arena floor. I did like the quickfire near-falls right at the end. They really gave a sense of urgency that the match could end at any moment. And while the ending was somewhat cheap, it did further Reject's reputation as a cheater that will do anything possible to get the win. Overall, it was definitely a decent effort.

Two for the Money -- Although the winner of the match was never really in question, the match itself was enjoyable and fun to read. There were some really good spots, my favorite being Jaime O'Hara swinging from the hanging title belt and bringing Zack off the top of the ladder with a huricarana. The lungblower jamming Faqu's throat into the ladder gets honorable mention, as does Zack's tope into the cameraman. I dug the ending too with all the men dropping out of the match one-by-one, culminating in the massive spear off the ladder. Multiman matches can often be difficult to write, but the rapid pace of this match and the constant action handled that difficulty well to make for a memorable match.

Tha Puerto Rican vs. Leon Rodez -- Okay. Before I get into my criticisms, I want to say that I really DID enjoy this match. You could sense the real hostility between Rodez and TPR, particularly with the harsh ways Tha Puerto Rican took apart Rodez's knee throughout the course of the match. There were some really interesting spots here too, specifically the leaping Corporate Elbowdrop and the electric chair drop off the ladder. I was thoroughly entertained with this one and it certainly did have the big-match feel of an AngleMania title match. But now for my criticisms...first off: the length, the length, the length. The match did not need to be this long. That's always been a complaint of mine though, so I'll move to my other criticism. I didn't like the ending. To properly blow off this feud, Leon Rodez should have been able to win this thing by himself to establish that he actually is a deserving champion. This win just looked like a fluke though with so many guys running down to the ring to knock PRL off the ladder when he had the match well-in-hand. And to physically have four people hold him down as Rodez climbed the ladder and grabbed the belt....it made the triumphant face here look weak instead. I do appreciate what you were going for here -- wrap up all of PRL's storylines in the past few months to show PRL is finally facing his revenge -- but I felt you went about it the wrong way. You sacrificed the credibility of Rodez's title win in order to put over PRL's comeuppance, which was just a big mistake in my book. But like I said, with those complaints out of the way, I felt the actual action in this match was handled nicely and, overall, definitely entertaining to read.

Now with that out of the way, lunch. I'll hopefully be able to finish this up with Part III later on today. It's really great to see everyone else commenting the PPV though.

The Heat/X match is edited in. And so is a PRL promo in which he calls Leon Rodez' a "donkey raping shit eater". You need no further motivation to go read it.

I'll feedback the entire shoooooow late tonight.

BEEF BAK

BATTLE ROYAL: Real good. I thought I'd been keeping up, but I guess not as I didn't know some of the characters. I'm not sure who Melody is, but she had me laughing. The match itself was good, what a battle royal should be -- lots of action from everyone, moving from person to person. I enjoyed it.

Good little opening by the Axe-man.

Graphics, swank as always although I am tired of that Buff picture. PAPA! I'm gonna send you a new Hoff pic.

Axel was fun times with Tony and Jesse. Good stuff, as good as an opening bit can be.

VITAMIN X VS. COLOMBIAN HEAT: This match was really good! I'm never gonna be the biggest fan of any of Ed's guys, because they feel a little like knock-offs to me. But it's how he writes, and he did it really well. There were a couple issues. First off, Nick Patrick pulled Heat off of VX during the Broncobuster. Why? He could have just checked on X after the move. Also, I know Boricua was ordered out of the ring, but what stopped him from coming back into the ring? There weren't refs holding him back, or anything. I dunno, seemed odd and it hurt the finish a little. Other than that, a great brawl with a good story to it. Boricua's interference was handled almost perfectly, and the match really did draw me in. Good work to Ed.

NNMX VS. HEAVENLY ROCKERS:

"Logan might not have gotten the pinfall but he's got the next best thing -- he's on top of Ned Blanchard."

Awesome. :) This match was...pretty good. It seemed a little disjointed at first, kind of all over the page, but it got together as it went on and the intensity showed through. I'm not so into the SCM or Sooners, but the interference served to make the match seem chaotic, in a very good way. The breakdown was fun to watch, and Ned looked like a bad-ass. Great ending, although it seemed a little sudden to me, but...maybe that's just me. And definitely a feel-good moment at the end.

Funny PR promo, with the standard complaint. I think Ed is a funny guy, and I could get a lot more into him, not even if he just stopped emulating the Rock, but just tried to subtly change things. The "THE CHAMP HAS SPO-KUN" catchphrase is a good example. I know Cena used it for a short bit, but it's become the Puerto Rican's and if he had more stuff like that, I could get way more into him. Still...good promo. :)

To follow a popular trend, more later.

I ain't no damn liar, you cokeheads.

Everyone came through with good matches. It could just be me, but it was nice to have an eight or nine match ppv, instead of trying to cram a bunch of random characters on there and have a 13 match ppv like we did with Climax 2005.

The graphics were beautiful and all glittery. And I like glitter. The slot machine was a nice touch. Roll thick. Crazy love to Papa for continuing to make graphics even though he's not an active writer anymore. Crazy love!

Respect to Axel for putting the show together. A thankless job if there ever was one.

Melody&Jade>>>>>>>>>>>Triple C. Down with Triple C. Up with MeloAde. Good battle royal. Hoff, Melody is The Sk8r Boiz sister, who I created for reasons I don't know.

I edited in the Heat/X match but haven't been able to read it. X's mock t-shirt looks cool though. EWC did apologize for being late, and said he'd try to get his stuff in on time, which I thought was sweet. Sweeter then a man who calls another human being a “donkey raping shit eater” has any right to be. Such venom! Such vulgarity! I love it.

Tag TitlesThe NNMX/Rockers feud has been my absolute favorite in the 3+ years I've wasted my miserable life here. I'd like to think I had 0.0000001% to do with it's awesomeness. But the other 99.9% goes to Mister 149. Loved the brutality of match, and loved the happy ending. Great way to blow off a feud that's stretched for over a year. Get on wit yo bad self, Tony. I did add some stuff to Logan's post match victory like you said I could, but I forgot to tell you! Anyway The Rockers old publicist, Patrick O'Green, approves of this blessed union. Biggest celeb hookup since Beniffer pt1. Get Us Weekly/ in on this hot mess. I wonder if Ned has to pay child support if he's unemployed?

My match! Los Diablos had a pretty wild entrance also, but that among other things had to get the ax as the damn thing was already long enough. I'm glad (and very surprised) people liked the match. Thank ya!

TK/Reject::Glad to see getting the shit knocked out of them by rape fetishists last year didn't deter Kiss from being at AM. The match wasn't a violent war like I expected, but it was still solid. SSP to the outside is a groovy spot. I'm fairly certain TK and Reject will fight again with more intensity as their feud heats up.

Two for da $$$$! Breezy, and fun match. Lots of Anglemania moments there. Would've been an awesome affair to see in real life. As I told Zack when he and I discussed the match while he was still writing it, the lung blower spot was the siiiiiiiiickest in a match full of siiiiiiiick spots. If I was Faqu, I'd jerk off in Blonde's shoe for revenge. Fuck that dude, that's bad style. The triple suplex was way rad also. Now the intrigue is on when and where Zack will use his title shot. Or will someone wind up beating him for that title shot on a show a few months down the line? Anyway, Zack told me he wanted to make it an epic match, and I believe he pulled it off!

I think the horrible disgusting human being in all of us throughly enjoys watching people batter and destroy their bodies for meager restitution. That's why we like ladder matches. I'll play 35 dollars for this PPV, or 10$ for this indy show and you in turn will cause yourself a lifetime of nagging injuries in exchange for a token “MATCH OF THE YEAR” chant. The Two for the money and the 24/7 title satisfied the barbaric savage within. The more physical misery we watch others experience, the better we feel emotionally. Fact.

24/7 TITLE MATCH:LL Cool J? Coach has it all wrong, Cannibus' dis was weak, LL killed him on his answer back. He even got at Tyson on that joint. The electric chair spot off the ladder was nice, because I imagine the back of one's neck snapping off the bottom rope after a drop that high would hurt like hell. The bout felt more like a personal, hate filled brawl, then a series of cool spots, which is good because it was a very personal feud. Now, I did enjoy seeing all the allies of PRL and Rodez getting involved, because they all had some sort of emotional stake in the feud. But I'd have to agree with the idea that having four people hold PRL down so Leon can reach the belt does make Rodez look a bit weak. Very entertaining affair, regardless. And it certainly did capture the big match feel we're looking for at AM. Respect to EWC, a man who doesn't rape donkeys!

Shit, I think I know a girl who fucked the dude who represents Drek. I think he went to Hazelwood West high school. Every dude who went to Hazelwood West got some of that ass. Believe me. I videotaped.

Black T Vs Drek & Hoff:First off, if I haven't said it already, lemme say it's good to have Hoff and Drek back. Good people, good writers, good lovers, good for the fed. And they actively participate by doing more then just writing promos and matches but also by leaving feedback and all that sweet jazz. Anyway onto the match. Enjoyable and thoroughly well written. For an example look no farther then the first paragraph of the actual “match”, where NYU writes a great description of a simple collar and elbow tie up. We get an expression of the physical goings on, as well as insight into the emotional element behind the move. Speaking of emotions, I really liked how NYU made sure to express the emotional psyche and reactions of each man as the bout went on. So it wasn't just some simple transcribed exhibition of moves. It was an actual retelling of a pro wrestling match with the emotional highs and lows that make a match great. Hopefully that made sense. I'm high on children's cough syrup. The whole thing was a pleasure to read. All four men came out looking like a billion bucks. Wild to see the characters of Drek and Hoff working together. Additionally, I enjoyed the use of facial expressions (sneering, smug smiles, etc) to showcase just how much these four despised each other.

Liked this part:

......It didn't belong to Hoff.

Ultimately, it belonged to Black T.

Makes it sound like the end of a novel or short story. Nice!

Cute Rodez skit!

WORLD TITLE: Terrible night for The Upstarts! Very good main event, with some nice dramatic moments. It stacks up very well with the past four AM mainevents. KingPK should be proud of himself. Match had some really good technical aspects, instead of just being a total brawl. Patty liked that. Patty liked that Patty could also follow and understand this technical wrestling. I thought Popick's involvement was handled well, as it enhanced the overall match, rather then take away from it. With Hoff and Drek around and Popick returning to ring action, the mainevent scene is pretty loaded. Patty sleepy. Patty says goodnight.

Hey, it's TSM official Velocity recapper, assuming you don't count the fact I haven't reviewed it in two weeks, although one was some sort of highlight show or something. Everyone else can continue patting themselves on the back, but I'm going to try something different and be a little more critical. So, be forewarned. Nothing personal to those of you who suck. This is gonna be slow feedback too. ANYWAY, let's go!

Show Before The Show Battle Royal

You know, seeing as there's no actual 'show before the show' interaction like last year, this might as well have just been written as part of AngleMania, but whatever. No more need be said.

*****, MOTN

One thing I'll say now...nowhere near enough atmospherics through the show. It's the biggest show of the year and it's just matches tacked on one after another with little or no seperation, apart from Papacita's typically bitching graphics. Could have done with some more promos too maybe, but I digress.

OAOAST World Tag Team Championship

The New, New Midnight Express -vs- The Heavenly Rockers

The feud leading up to this was great and I'm a big fan of Ned the sadistic pervert, more so than comedy pervert even though that's all well and good. Did I misread, or did the belt go from the outside to the ring without explanation? I'm not sure why the railing would have been rusty. Simon got up far too quickly from the backdrop onto the guardrail, because that was a great spot otherwise. Good job the South Central Militia got jobbed out in the battle royal and were able to come out fresh. Inspired forethought by me. "Simon and Ned nod their nods". Unintentional line of the night. A really great, heated brawl and a perfect blowoff to the feud. The guardrail backdrop spot bugged me but otherwise everything seemed to be handled well.

Chicks Over Dicks -vs- Bohemoth and Christian Wright

I think the opening paragraph sums up just how Patty and me work together perfectly. It doesn't make sense as a summary and yet it's a great read. Best. Entrances. Ever. Seriously, I loved the Bo/CW entrance. We need to know more about D'Shaun. I guess a standing moonsault is within CW's range, barely. It's AngleMania though so there should be some stand alone moves now and then. Speaking of which, the matrix by Krista is a new one, right? I find myself having to re-read spots because PO'G is so over educated. Woah woah, wait a second, wait a second...it was just CW's ass that was exposed, right? RIGHT!?! I doubt PPV companies are that liberal. The phone spot had me rolling. Bohemoth doing a staning moonsault was a little too much, sorry. You know, Patty PMed me to apologise for writing a bad match and I honestly don't get why. It probably wasn't the greatest pure wrestling match ever but I honestly enjoyed it and there were some great character bits within, as Patty is inclined to include. I guess PO'G is as needlessly self-critical as me.

Thunderkid -vs- Reject

Yay for special entrances. I'm a little surprised they didn't go straight at it right from the start and that TK didn't completely lose it after the slap. Alf's done really well in devloping Reject and Thunderkid into valuable parts of the roster and I'm a fan of his writing style. A very good match, though it maybe could have done with a little more 'heat' in it at points. I'm not sure if the ending was rushed because I know Alf's away or wasn't around right before AM, but the postmatch was very brief. Not that it detracts from the actual match, which was very enjoyable.

Come on, people. Don't fizzle out on me with the feedback. Everybody started strong, commented the jobber battle royal and the tag title match, and now they're dropping out. Let's get back to it.

For the finish...

Decent beatdown on Otaku by Brock. MMoM has done a very good job of making Brock look like a malicious monster in the past few weeks, so it's a shame he's taking a break from the federation before he could really capitalize on this feud. Like I've said, a little more description in your writing would do wonders, but you've improved leaps and bounds since I was last in the federation. Hope to see you back and continuing this feud soon.

Drek Stone & Hoff vs. Black T -- Orgasmic. Unfortunately, at this point, seems only Tony and Patty know for sure. :(

Cute segment with Rodez celebrating his title win. Alix is right -- Mountain Dew is gross. I alluded to that in one of my matches at one point. And I liked how everybody was so clearly unmotivated to chase Rodez for the title because it involved running. And I'm proud I started off the Leon Rodez/David Hasselhoff connection back with the Run-for-the-Gold match last year. Good way to cap off the Leon Rodez saga for the night.

Peter Knight vs. Alfdogg -- Overall, just a very good Heavyweight Title match. I'll admit -- I was not a big fan of the storyline heading into the match. It seemed generic and lacked the huge hype I felt the Heavyweight Title match at AngleMania should have. Fortunately, this match definitely made up for the storyline. It was probably the most technically proficient contest of the night with both guys out to prove who was simply the best wrestler. Some nice spots, particularly the german suplex into the ring apron, and I really liked the excitement of a good number of the near-falls. I actually thought Stephen Popick's interference here worked well in the context of the story. He was the thorn in Knight's side, he stopped the champion from cheating, but ultimately he did not take away from Alfdogg's win. And the actual finish of the match, with the superkick followed by the frog splash, was the type of thing that would send a real wrestling crowd crazy. So Alf is the champion, huh? Nervous about what this going to do with ratings. From what I've seen, this certainly was the best thing PK has written since he joined the OAOAST and this was definitely the best PPV to strive to reach that accomplishment. Great stuff.

Okay. So with all that being said, I want to see feedback. It's been a while since I've been here to torture everybody about this stuff, but I swear I can get back into bothering you all for days and days if you want.

Thanks for that. I usually write these things when I'm alone with my latop and an idea pops into my head, so I try to get at least part of it down before I forget it, because I am the ultimate scatterbrain. This means I write on the train a lot. I'll certainly try to work on things when I come back. School is killing my brain.

I was gonna just edit my previous post, but screw it. This'll be pretty much "stream of consciousness" typing as I read the rest of these matches.

COD vs. Bo/CW - Like I said, Patty blew the budget with those entrances. For some reason I've got the NFL Films guy (from the earlier days) in my head while reading this one; it's a little tough to read at first, but it gets easier as you go along. Krista flipping Alix for an inverted DDT is definitely one of the more unique double team moves I've heard. Good ebb and flow with some nice counters. Both Moracca mounting CW and Alix using Paris as a distraction had me rolling. I don't know why Patty was upset about this match at all; it was a very fun read and my MOTN thus far.

Two for the Money - Aaaaaaaaaand....BEGIN THE SPOTFEST!! Everyone got their chance to shine here, with O'Hara showing that he is young and stupid enough to do the really risky stuff. Ouch, poor Scotty. Ouch, poor Faqu. Some pretty cringeworthy spots here, but you didn't go overboard here to the point that guys are flying everywhere but getting right back up for more. Spots that would take guys completely out of a match did take them out until Zack was the last man standing. A great showing by Faqu as well; I actually thought he was going to win this for a while.

PR vs. Rodez - Hmm, two ladder matches back to back? Let's see if this was a good idea. These entrances are getting much too long, let's just get on with the match already!

Leon exits the ring also, and grabs the ladder. He’s walking with a limp now.

After all the punishment Leon's knee took before this, he wouldn't just be walking with a limp; he'd be dragging his leg behind him. Yeah, I think making this match the first or second of the night would have been better than right after TFTM because if this was real, the crowd would probably not be too up for a slower, less spotty ladder match where one guy dominates most of the action after the previous one. Again, PRL pounded the crap out of Rodez's leg, so you have to make sure that comes across in your writing. Instead of saying "Rodez is a little slow in climbing because his knee hurts", try "Rodez grabs at the rungs of the ladder and tries to pull himself up, waves of pain shooting from his knee with every movement." An elbow off the ladder is "innovative offense"? I could buy that if Caboose said it because he's the fanboy, but not Cole. As NYU said, the ending, along with PRL repeately being pulled off by interfering guys wasn't the best way to go becuase it doesn't make it seem like Rodez won the match because he earned it. It probably was partly because of its placing on the card, but I really didn't like this match much and ended up skimming good portions of it when it got boring.

Otaku vs. Brock - Well, it certainly made Brock out to be a heartless asshole and if MMoM is taking time off, this certainly is a good way to do it since he has a ready made angle for when he comes back. We've kind of forgotten about Brock and the Heartland Title lately, haven't we?

Black T vs. Drek Stone and Hoff - As an aside, I like how people referenced past AM records in the intros for their matches. It especially works here because it's revealed that Black T is a combined 0-5 at AM. Now the match: I think this was the best use of commentary on the whole card as all three of Triple C offered their insights and had a different viewpoint on the match. It definitely had the "big match" feel of an AngleMania co-main event (which it would be promoted as if this was real). I think I used that backdrop into plancha spot with Parka in a match once. Some very unique spots from both teams with BT pulling out some new stuff. Black's got a pretty long leg to connect with both Hoff and Drek like that. If there's one thing this match had in spades, it was drama; you really felt Tony's unwillingness to give up and the "respectful hatred" (if that makes sense) the teams had for each other. I honestly was surprised that Black T won since I expected the returning duo to get the big win to kick off whatever future plans they had on a high note. Still, a rematch is definitely something I'd love to see.

Funny Rodez promo. PHEAR THE POWER-LIMP~! I think the 24/7 rules will be right up KC's alley.

I already talked about my match. Thank you for the compliments, everyone. I really wanted to add in Alf's ringpost figure-four into the match but, since Alf ended up focusing on the back, it never came about.

Though it didn't FEEL like an AngleMania overall, it was still a very good show with every match meaning something and every match well done (if flawed in some cases) by it's writer.

MOTN: (Tie) Two For the Money and Black T vs. Hoff and Drek

I think we found ourselves a feedback format that works. Look at all this feedback. AngleMania truly brings the world together. Which is why you vote "Yay" on AngleMania VI. * cheap plug * The matches that could happen that night (I know of at least 3 that could; two that will) would make this feel like a grand spectacular some left V was lacking. :D

To finish what I have left...

EDIT: Notice I have Otaku-Brock left to read, so I'll edit that in after I read it.

VX vs. C-Heat: A very long but otherwise good match. I guess if you're gonna go long might as well do it at AM. Always enjoy the use of graphics in PR's matches, really adding to the presentation of the show. There also wasn't a need to have the "Opening Match" text since there was a match graphic. But that's really nitpicking. I'm cool with that for HD.

In a show that could've used some promos or "ads" to transition into other matches (the Heavenly Rockers promo this week would've been for AM if I wasn't so damn tired after writing the tag match), PR's promo was a welcome addition. The "donkey raping shit-eater" comment had me rolling. Like Hoff said, if PR could just cut back on the Rock-isms, etc, his character could really be something.

COD vs. CW/Bo: I love COD's pics. Krista with a mic for no reason never fails to bring a smile to my face. You know, Patty and I talked about how many of the women characters under are control come off weak, but we forgot they're also highly successful. Krista is sucessful with fitness products, Holly as a publicst, and now Alix with her cookie products.

Awesome match. So good it needed two posts! It could've sucked but the entrances alone would have saved it. Poor Maya. She's gonna wind up a porn star when she grows up. Hell, Leon Rodez might become this generation's Ron Jermey and do a film with her when he's in his 40s and she's in her late teens/early 20s. I mean, would you like Krista and Ned as your parents?

Reject vs. TK: Unlike Patty, I'm not hip with the culture, so most of these bands I have no idea who they are. But Kiss... I know KISS. Another good match here. Then again, I couldn't tell you what a bad match is. Well maybe I could, but not at AM. Everybody brings their A game for AM. Reject with the W. Alf's done a pretty good job with Reject's turn.

Two for the Money: What can I say? The awesomeness continues. Zack really knows how to break it. Could you imagine him, Patty, KC, NYU and Hoff ever working on a match together, like War Games or something that requires multipule writers? The greatness involved would suck all the oxygen in the air, leaving us little writers to die a slow death.

24/7 Title: Only complaint is the one many have brought up over the finish. Other than that, good stuff.

Edited by Tony149

COD VS. CW AND BO: I tend to like Patty's stuff, but this was just way too wordy for me. I like that about his style, but it felt taken to an extreme. I just couldn't get into the match. It was certainly well-written.

THUNDERKID VS. REJECT: Pretty darn good match. A lot of back-and-forth, and some good near fall sequences. The only critique I'd have is that there didn't seem to be too many transitions -- at times, it just went from move to move without a lot of detail. But it didn't hurt the match too much. Ending was sudden, but not bad.

...and The OC is on...so we'll finish this tonight.

OAOAST World Tag Team Championship

The New, New Midnight Express -vs- The Heavenly Rockers

Did I misread, or did the belt go from the outside to the ring without explanation? Simon got up far too quickly from the backdrop onto the guardrail, because that was a great spot otherwise.

If I'm thinking of the spot you're talking about, the belt was still wrapped around Ned's fist, that's why it looks like it re-appeared out of nowhere. I should've done a better job explaining that.

Secondly, you're absolutely right about the backdrop onto the guardrail spot. After checking the match again, I remembering telling myself to delay Simon's return to action to sell the spot, but when you're sitting down for over two hours trying to get a match done it slipped my mind. That was one of the few spots I had written before going back and adding the rest, so sometimes things can read a little funny if it slips by.

To really finish off my feedback this time...

Who wrote the Okatu, Brock/Team Heyross segment? Was that MMoM? If so, that was probably the best segment he's ever written, almost as if he's becoming more comfortable with the OAOAST style of writing. Easy to read.

Who wrote the Okatu, Brock/Team Heyross segment? Was that MMoM? If so, that was probably the best segment he's ever written, almost as if he's becoming more comfortable with the OAOAST style of writing. Easy to read.

I wrote it, and I do like it quite a bit. Brock is just so sadistic in a way few others can be because he's a freak of nature, so strong and athletic. I'm particularly happy with the standing katahajime spot. It's like Joe's choke, except he made Otaku stand, making it even more bleak because Otaku can't fight and it just shows how bad the shape he was in.

TWO FOR THE MONEY: So, Zack can write. I don't think a single person in attendance didn't know who was winning, but Zack managed to write a very enjoyable match that actually held my interest. Given the fact that it was, and no offense, but Zack and five scrubs, I...didn't expect that. Well written, and easy to follow as six people bounced every which way. Good stuff. Zack should be proud.

THA PUERTO RICAN VS. LEON RODEZ: Decent. It was basically what I've come to expect from P.R., who I've been told was the author. If not, KC did an amazing job of masking his own style. But yeah, it was fun to read, if a bit predictable. The ending bugged me too, but not so much. The story of all the babyfaces getting into it was cool. A match with a lot of great spots, to be sure. Nice way for Leon to kick off his run.

I agree with Ton' that the Brock/Otaku segment was MM's best work to date, and definitely in tune with the OAOAST style. Not that he should change how he writes, but at the same time it flowed well with the rest of the show. Good work. I like the intensity you brought to it.

MATCH OF THE NIGHT: Yeah, enough said. I can see getting by without me, but how you lived without NYU is a mystery. I don't mean that as in insult to anyone...the guy is just SO FRIGGIN' GOOD. He knows my thoughts on the match.

Very funny and well-done victory promo by KC (I believe). I like that the 24/7 rule is being brought back. That helped me out considerably when I had that belt. Should be fun. :)

ALFDOGG VS. PETER KNIGHT: So. RObbo and I were talking about the characters of Alf and PK, and how, quite frankly, there isn't that much there. PK has become a lot more defined, but Alf just seems to be a wrestler, and I said that was all he needed to be. And I love him for it. And, it couldn't have come out better here. This was the PERFECT match for Alf to win the OAOAST Championship. It started out as a simple question of who was the better wrestler. As it progressed, PK's mean streak showed, but Alf's passion rose to the occasion (man that sounds bad). We saw that he was able to kick out of the champ's finisher, rise above the dirty tricks, and win his title. This is, like, the new standard for main events. It was a true "main event" style match, and I mean that in a good way. I don't know who wrote it, if it was a joint effort, but good, good stuff. And nice imagery at the end, with Alf looking at his reflection in the belt. Great moment. This was definitely the runner-up for MOTN, for me.

Godd show all around. Everyone should be proud.

Maybe I'm being a dope, but what is OAOAST style, precisely?

Punch, Kick, Finisher.

:P

BEEFBAQ

So I've read the show and am at a loss for words at the current moment. Reading it all in one sitting is a little overwhelming.

What I especially liked about the show, besides the tag match everyone's gaga over, was the opening bout. Nice to see 18 guys get some airtime, maybe we'll even use some of them.

I also thought that Tony did a wonderful job with the NNMX.

I'm very grateful that PK wrote SJ into the ME in such a way that SO made sense.

More when I get the time

TWO FOR THE MONEY: So, Zack can write. I don't think a single person in attendance didn't know who was winning, but Zack managed to write a very enjoyable match that actually held my interest. Given the fact that it was, and no offense, but Zack and five scrubs, I...didn't expect that. Well written, and easy to follow as six people bounced every which way. Good stuff. Zack should be proud.

No offense taken by it, but I hardly see how it was five scrubs. The GPX have always been upper-midcarders as faces and heels. They're more or less in the MNM role to make a comparison these days, as they've been used to further angles and recently put Blonde and Faqu over. Blonde and Faqu I could understand, since they're in the midst of being reworked into what they are now, and O'Hara nothing much has been done with him until now. So while the result of this match was never truly in question I guess, it was to give all characters equal build and exposure, and I think it accomplished all of that.

No offense taken by it, but I hardly see how it was five scrubs. The GPX have always been upper-midcarders as faces and heels. They're more or less in the MNM role to make a comparison these days, as they've been used to further angles and recently put Blonde and Faqu over. Blonde and Faqu I could understand, since they're in the midst of being reworked into what they are now, and O'Hara nothing much has been done with him until now. So while the result of this match was never truly in question I guess, it was to give all characters equal build and exposure, and I think it accomplished all of that.

Maybe it was just me, maybe not, but I never bought into the GPX as top-tier heels. I missed some of their work, but I also saw some, and it just felt manufactured in a sense -- perhaps because they were SO successful as babyfaces, perhaps because of their young look; I mean, they don't look like threatening guys. You did a good job balancing the offense, which I should have mentioned. I'm actually MORE willing to buy Blonde or Faqu in this, as they seem on the verge of a rise as opposed to the (somewhat and very arguably) stale GPX. O'Hara, I don't know enough about to comment on intelligently.

Anyway, in the broader sense I understand WHY the GPX were in the match. It made sense from a booking standpoint, as it pertains to the Civil War angle. But hey now, one, take the compliment why dont'cha, and two, you couldn't have squeezed a little feedback in while you were typng this? :)

Maybe I'm being a dope, but what is OAOAST style, precisely?

This is just my take on it...

It's hard to define, but a lot of the writers have a similar way of writing, as well as formatting things, as well as PACING things. Not everyone does, which is a VERY good thing, but at the same time, a similar style throughout the show makes things flow much easier.

As a for example, most of us use *asterisks* to denote a sound or action. Some people use the ::double colon::, which is good too. But some people haven't used anything, which is weird. Some people haven't written in the script style (not that it can't often be beneficial to break from that), and so on. Nothing WRONG with not following the popular style, but it's also nice to see a whole show that way.

Okay, lets do this shizzle.

Pre Show: Good job by KC here, bringing the entertainment as always. Mr. Warrior's always welcome. Glad to see you've stuck to the normal Battle Royal setup, and I always mark for 'TEH WINN0R~!' Good job.

Vitamin X vs Columbian Heat: Nice opener, the usual great stuff from PR here. Very detailed, very nice match. Good to see Heat pick up the win.

Tag Titles Very nice end to a great tag feud, certainly the best tag feud in the OAOAST's history, I'd say.

COD vs. CW/Bo: I've said it before and I'll say it again - Patty is one of - if not the - best writer in this place.

“HEY!” Screams a second row fan in a New York Islanders Jersey “I CAME TO SEE A GAY ORGY, NOT WRESTLING! SCREW THIS, HETEROS!” He declares, and promptly walks out.

I shall say no more.

Sign in to follow this