TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Should UseTheSledgehammerUh have been banned?

Should UTSU have been banned?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. ???????

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Who the hell is UTSU?

Thought I'd look for some opinions here. There's already a thread on the subject in Site Feedback, but I thought a poll would be interesting to see what the general consensus is. I figure General Chat is a little more high traffic than Site Feedback, so voila.

NOTE TO MODS: I'm not looking to challenge anyone's authority here. If anything, I'm giving you more information to work with in case you want to consider bringing him back.

Guest Princess Leena

No.

At least until the mods here can give a better explanation than they're removing "dead weight".

He knew his shit on wrestling. He stayed on topic. Sure, he probably trolled occasionally, but nothing so bad that it ruined the board. Unlike some other beloved posters here who are certainly worse with that...

And I'm hardly defending him... I had him on ignore for months.

It's just that banning guys like UTSU is pointless. Is the board better without him? No. If anything, it just scares people even further from posting in the wrestling sections... which is already a problem with some of the mods' attitudes we have here...

There's only one way so solve all these problems.

Disco Dance off?

And probably not but then near the end of his run I wasn't paying any attention to his posts so I really don't know if he did or didn't do anything ban worthy.

It's just that banning guys like UTSU is pointless. Is the board better without him? No. If anything, it just scares people even further from posting in the wrestling sections... which is already a problem with some of the mods' attitudes we have here...

Leena brings the logic.....-icy...or something.

Which is why no mod is able to explain it.

"The reason we banned these people is simple and logical... the reason being

Hey look, a deer."

The fourth option on your poll should've been "Does anybody give a shit?" which would win by a landslide.

Umm, the third option was "who the hell is UTSU". Isn't that pretty much the same damn thing? Try reading all three choices before making your smarmy little witticism.

I voted no, but if this poll had been 'should UTSU be let back in?' I'd have voted no for that, too.

Maybe the guy didn't deserve to be banned, but he's admitted in his little notes to Leena that he was purposely a troll. And trolling just for the sake of being a dick is worthy of being banned. So, it was a proactive banning, and it all worked out in the end.

He knew his shit on wrestling. He stayed on topic. Sure, he probably trolled occasionally, but nothing so bad that it ruined the board. Unlike some other beloved posters here who are certainly worse with that...
Why should we wait for it to ruin the board? If someone's trolling enough that it's noted, they should be banned.

EDIT: ha ha, niskie can't spell "someone" ... and since I'm actually coming back to edit that, let me stress that I really don't care much one way or another if UTSU & the others are allowed back. My message boarding experience isn't any better or worse without them.

The fourth option on your poll should've been "Does anybody give a shit?" which would win by a landslide.

Umm, the third option was "who the hell is UTSU". Isn't that pretty much the same damn thing? Try reading all three choices before making your smarmy little witticism.

To be fair, that's not really the same. For example, I know full well who UTSU is, yet I don't give a shit if he was banned or not. See, one means that you don't know who someone is, and one means that you don't care about someone. They're, you know, different things.

But hey, don't let rational thought stand in the way of arrogance.

Guest CWMwasmurdered
No. Neither should have AngleSault or Rrrsh. Which is why no mod is able to explain it.

God, it's been like a year and you're STILL whining about that?

No. Neither should have AngleSault or Rrrsh. Which is why no mod is able to explain it.

i think he was referring to the "alleged" Dam(o)n Yankee incarnation of AngleSault.

Guest CWMwasmurdered

Maybe, but he's whined about the original Anglesault's banning since it's happened. He also whined about Eagan's banning for quite a while.

Huh? I don't remember saying anything when he got banned a year ago.

Huh? I don't remember saying anything when he got banned a year ago.

I miss Anglesault.

Guest CWMwasmurdered
Anyone who misses Anglesault doesn't properly remember Anglesault.

I couldn't agree more.