TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Box Office Report...

1 N Scary Movie 4 Dim. $41,020,000 - 3,602 - $11,388 $41,020,000 $45 1

2 1 Ice Age: The Meltdown Fox $20,000,000 -40.9% 3,873 -96 $5,163 $147,188,000 $80 3

3 2 The Benchwarmers SonR $10,000,000 -49.1% 3,282 +8 $3,046 $35,980,000 $33 2

4 N The Wild BV $9,559,000 - 2,854 - $3,349 $9,559,000 $80 1

5 3 Take the Lead NL $6,700,000 -44.4% 3,009 - $2,226 $22,517,000 - 2

6 4 Inside Man Uni. $6,292,000 -31.1% 2,477 -390 $2,540 $75,285,000 $45 4

7 5 Lucky Number Slevin MGM $4,600,000 -34.6% 1,989 +5 $2,312 $14,140,000 - 2

8 10 Thank You for Smoking FoxS $4,450,000 +92.7% 1,015 +716 $4,384 $11,498,000 - 5

9 6 Failure to Launch Par. $2,599,000 -37.1% 1,950 -666 $1,332 $83,171,000 $50 6

10 8 V for Vendetta WB $2,170,000 -36.3% 1,380 -623 $1,572 $65,991,000 $54 5

11 7 ATL WB $1,345,000 -63.7% 1,315 -287 $1,022 $19,653,000 - 3

12 9 Phat Girlz FoxS $1,250,000 -59.8% 1,060 +4 $1,179 $5,248,000 $3 2

Guest Smues

Huzzah for Ice Age continueing to chug along. Boozah for the Benchwarmers making another $10,000,000.

It was actually pretty funny. It wasn't what I was expecting(a movie with the non-stop laughs of the Stiller/Ferrell/Vaughn/Wilson brothers movies) but it was still damn funny.

Guest Smues

And David Spade.

And while I like John Lovitz, he seems to always be in the absolute worst movies, so him being in a film is another sign it's a pile of shit.

And David Spade.

And while I like John Lovitz, he seems to always be in the absolute worst movies, so him being in a film is another sign it's a pile of shit.

Spade, gets a pass for his SNL/Farley side-kick stuff from me. RS, being Sandler's sidekick doesn't do that.

I don't like any of the guys in Benchwarmers really

Spade is ok in small doses, but just seems like a tv guy.

Rob is ok as a number 3 or 4 guy in movies, not a top guy.

And Heder...he looks like he's playing Dynamite again, which I hated.

I'll likely never see this movie.

4 more months untill Snakes on a Plane

He doesn't play Napolean Dynamite in this movie. He's nothing like him.

Man everyone's a critic aren't they?

The problem with you guys is that you say "That's not funny." and I say "Well I thought it was funny." and the response is "No IT ISN'T!"

I can't believe Scary Movie 4 made 41 mil. Christ.

Silent hill in 5 days. Can't fucking wait. Going to see it opening day.

I have high hopes for it. I get the feeling that is going to be my biggest mistake.

The creature designs are incredible.

You have a talented director (the guy who did Brotherhood of the Wolf, which is only above average, but that's because the tone of the movie was all over the place, the horror scenes were scary, the action scenes were good, it just didn't mesh)

You have good actors (Sean Bean and the actress from Pitch Black and Melinda and Melinda, a Woody Allen movie she kicked the SHIT out of.)

And Pyramid Head.

Plus the games were really fucking scary. Scarier than any movie released in the last decade that I've seen, that's for sure.

I may be hyping it too much in my head, but I think it's going to kick ass.

The creature designs are incredible.

You have a talented director (the guy who did Brotherhood of the Wolf, which is only above average, but that's because the tone of the movie was all over the place, the horror scenes were scary, the action scenes were good, it just didn't mesh)

You have good actors (Sean Bean and the actress from Pitch Black and Melinda and Melinda, a Woody Allen movie she kicked the SHIT out of.)

And Pyramid Head.

Plus the games were really fucking scary. Scarier than any movie released in the last decade that I've seen, that's for sure.

I may be hyping it too much in my head, but I think it's going to kick ass.

See, all of those reasons why I am looking forward to it and hyped about it. I liked Brotherhood of the Wolf but you're right, the movie was bouncing all over the place and by the time it figured out what it wanted to be it was over.

There is a lot of good here and potential is high but now part of me is worrying we have a THE CELL situation on our hands. I hope I'm wrong cause it's been a while since I've been to the movies to spend full price and this is the movie I'm making the exception for.

The problem with you guys is that you say "That's not funny." and I say "Well I thought it was funny." and the response is "No IT ISN'T!"

Wow, get over yourself Dam.

People don't like them because YOU liked them but because they just don't like them in general.

People don't like them because YOU liked them but because they just don't like them in general.

No it's the way they're saying it. They're stating it's not funny like it's a fact.

Guest Smues

No it's the way they're saying it. They're stating it's not funny like it's a fact.

There's probably some mathmatical law involving Rob Schneider, David Spade, and whatever his name is that proves it.

That is how most people state their opinions.

I can't believe Scary Movie 4 made 41 mil. Christ.

What I don't get is how even a single person could have found anything in the trailers appealing, making them want to see it. "OH wow they are making fun of Tom Cruise how awesomely fresh and original! Oh and don't forget about Leslie Neilsen's cornhole!".

Spade is funny when he's in Hollywood Minute/asshole mode, and even that gets old.

Spade, also needs someone like Farley to bounce off and Schneider isn't going to give Spade anything to work with. Also, the chemistry Spade had with Farley was untouchable because no one else could make Spade look better then he really is.