TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

This thread is quickly descending into close territory.

Come on guys, if the referees really wanted the Lakers to win, they wouldn't have had him sit out the entire 2nd quarter.

I can agree that the Lakers had NO business being around in the game, but that's the fault of the Suns for letting Smush Parker get the three to begin the whole skirmish. The refs have never called fouls late, ever in any series. That's just the way it works, regardless of which teams are in it.

Odom was fouled on that layup where Jones got some contact on Lamar's wrist, but they didn't call anything. It happens, get the fuck over it. If the Suns had any ability to close it out, that would have been the end of the game.

That's not even to mention the shitty coaching job that D'Antoni's done. He hasn't made very many adjustments, except for noticing that they need to try to get Diaw on the block against Vujacic or Parker.

So...when did TSM start allowing all pbp's back into the fold?

Since we made a "no PBPs" rule. Yeah I don't get it either.

Awful. I hope TSM doesnt make me un-ignore johnson.

That's not even to mention the shitty coaching job that D'Antoni's done.

It's hard to believe that he was last year's COTY after examining this series. The guy hasn't made a single adjustment yet. I don't know who it is that said it earlier in the thread, but his point that mediocre teams make bad decisions down the stretch applies to Phoenix. If Nash dribbles straight up the middle on either final Phoenix possession in the 4th or OT, this game ends with him making two FT's and going home with a chance to take a 3-2 lead. Instead, the "greatest leader in the game" and "the best point guard in the NBA" led his team to defeat by making a bush league move twice (trapping himself along the midcourt line AND sideline) in approximately 5:05 game time.

Guest Kobe24KGold

BTW, in the post game interview, Nash admitted that not only did he not call timeout, but he wasn't fouled, either.

That puts an end to that.

The first one was an inbound pass that was quickly deflected on a reach in by Parker, and the 2nd one, he did dribble to the middle, but the Lakers crowded him and started humping him.

Unless Nash falls out of bounds due to contact, there's no way in hell they're calling anything. Even then, they may not.

The referees always put the whistles away. It's been like that as long as I can remember.

The referees sure didn't do shit to help the Lakers beat the Pistons in 2004.

BTW, in the post game interview, Nash admitted that not only did he not call timeout, but he wasn't fouled, either.

FUCK NO HE WAS FOULED THE NBA IS FIXED OMG I SAW IT D00D SCREW THE FAKERZ!!11!!11!1OPNENINEONE

FUCK NO HE WAS FOULED THE NBA IS FIXED OMG I SAW IT D00D SCREW THE FAKERZ!!11!!11!1OPNENINEONE

You're a Laker fan. You don't know how a fairly contested game works. Its alright.

Unless Nash falls out of bounds due to contact, there's no way in hell they're calling anything. Even then, they may not.

The referees always put the whistles away. It's been like that as long as I can remember.

It wouldn't have mattered. The Pistons beat them by like 100 each game.

They did help them a ton in that King series though, and a few T'Wolve series', and that Pacer series, and the Portland game, and that Spurs series.

You're a Laker fan. You don't know how a fairly contested game works. Its alright.

Judging by your last few posts, you don't know how the fucking NBA works, how many refs there are in a game, and where they are assigned on the floor, so give it a rest.

It's been proven clearly that there was no foul on the play, and the highlight will be shown countless more times for those who haven't seen it, but there will always be people (like you) who whine no matter what.

Judging by your last few posts, you don't know how the fucking NBA works, how many refs there are in a game, and where they are assigned on the floor, so give it a rest.

It's been proven clearly that there was no foul on the play, and the highlight will be shown countless more times for those who haven't seen it, but there will always be people (like you) who whine no matter what.

They kept pushing him, and where i'm from, thats called a foul. Maybe in LA Land its a little different.

Ok, so you either can't read, can't see, or are just too stupid to know any better.

WATCH the fucking highlight dude. TNT showed it clear as day, there was no foul committed. You cannot watch the clip TNT showed and honestly tell me there was any sort of foul on the play.

They did help them a ton in that King series though, and a few T'Wolve series', and that Pacer series, and the Portland game, and that Spurs series.

Yes, they get help in every game of every playoff series they've ever played in.

Of course, the league should want Miami to win as well, so your logic is pointless.

I'm getting out of here before it gets closed, if you want to talk about it go to the link below.

They were all over him. Just because they didn't touch them with their arms, doesn't mean they weren't humping him.

Yes, they get help in every game of every playoff series they've ever played in.

Of course, the league should want Miami to win as well, so your logic is pointless.

Nah, I didn't name every series they ever played in. And what the hell does Miami have to do with this?

Miami has star quality that far surpasses what the Lakers have, which by your logic, the league should want them to win against Chicago. Either way, I'll leave that argument alone for now.

I watched D'Antoni's entire press conference as well as everyone else's, he did NOT complain about the call once.

Guest StylesMark

Oy.

It's sports. Teams get screwed over all the time. It's not the first and won't be the last.

If the Suns had any kind of answer for Kobe (who I'm not a fan of) they wouldn't be in this position.

Guest Smues
And there's the shot of Kobe screaming like a monkey that'll be on ESPN's front page in no time.

nba_g_bryant3_412.jpg

I called that. That's one of the things I got fucking sick of when the Lakers used to win all the time was the inevitable front page of ESPN.com picture of Kobe with his mouth wide open.

Guest Smues

Granted this one wasn't very monkeyish, but still a shot of him with his mouth wide open. Usually there's an arm in the air too. As much as I hate him always making the game winning shots I'd rather the photo be the actual shot instead of the post shot screaming.

And there's the shot of Kobe screaming like a monkey that'll be on ESPN's front page in no time.

nba_g_bryant3_412.jpg

I called that. That's one of the things I got fucking sick of when the Lakers used to win all the time was the inevitable front page of ESPN.com picture of Kobe with his mouth wide open.

Solution: Don't go to ESPN.com

I used to hate the Lakers and everything about them but for some reason I'm absolutley loving this run they are making against the Suns. I actually got excited and chills when Kobe made that shot.

Odd.

How does Kobe dunking on Nash prove he's better than Nash? It just proves he's taller and can jump higher. Nash is like what? 6 feet? Kobe is what? 6'8"? I sure as hell hope he can dunk over Nash or he shouldn't even be in the league.

How does Kobe dunking on Nash prove he's better than Nash? It just proves he's taller and can jump higher. Nash is like what? 6 feet? Kobe is what? 6'8"? I sure as hell hope he can dunk over Nash or he shouldn't even be in the league.

How about him hitting two monster shots when Nash made two monster blunders? Or 3-1 LAL in a series Ripper declared a cakewalk for Phoenix? That good enough?

Guest StylesMark
Granted this one wasn't very monkeyish, but still a shot of him with his mouth wide open. Usually there's an arm in the air too. As much as I hate him always making the game winning shots I'd rather the photo be the actual shot instead of the post shot screaming.

Says the guy with the celebratory pics in his sig??

:::sigh:::

How about him hitting two monster shots when Nash made two monster blunders? Or 3-1 LAL in a series Ripper declared a cakewalk for Phoenix? That good enough?

Or the name on the front of Kobe's jersey meaning he gets preferential treatment. Or Nash's team being better during the regular seasion BECAUSE of Nash which is what the MVP is based off of? Or a 6 ft. white guy being able to even be considered in a sport that is dominated by giant more athletic black men?

Yeah I'm happy Nash has the MVP. I'm also happy Kobe's image has been tarnished due to the whole rape case and Shaq fiasco and he probably won't ever get it back no matter how much ESPN goes on about him. Or the fact that unless they get some help he'll probably never win another title(i love that one most of all).

Yeah I hate Kobe Bryant and the Lakers. He can rot in hell for all I care.

Him dunking on Nash doesn't prove shit except that he's bigger and can jump higher. Oh boy. There's 50 guys in the league that can probably dunk on Nash.

Guest StylesMark

Probably more like 70.

Nash WAS the MVP of the regular season, yes, as he should have been. Without him, the Suns would have been SHIT.

But, MVP of the regular season has nothing to do with the playoffs. Trust me, I'm a Yankees fan.

nba_g_bryant3_412.jpg

Thanks for the sig.

I'm also happy Kobe's image has been tarnished due to the whole rape case and Shaq fiasco and he probably won't ever get it back no matter how much ESPN goes on about him. Or the fact that unless they get some help he'll probably never win another title(i love that one most of all).

I haven't heard one fucking thing about the rape case within the last month until now, proving that theory bunk. The Lakers are one of the youngest teams in the NBA, there's no way they won't get close to a title (at the very least) when their core develops.

Yeah I hate Kobe Bryant and the Lakers. He can rot in hell for all I care.

What a classy guy.