TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Man, the Hornets aren't yours anyway. They're New Orleans's.

No matter who wins the Laker/Suns series, I'm pulling for the Clippers.

What cold bastard would root against the Clippers?

I would. Kobe's tight, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of him fucking up the Clippers. Well, I know at this point Phoenix looks like they have a good shot to win the series, but I don't see them getting by Mr. Kobe. I'm pretty sure that when the series is on the line, Kobe's going to come up with 60 and the Lakers are gonna get the job done.

Oh, and for the record, when I say Mr. Kobe, it's like Mr. Koab. It rhymes with robe. It's just a cute way to say it. I know his name's Kob-eee Bryant, but I think Mr. Koab's a hell of a cute nickname.

Donald Sterling?

Guest NYankees
The Laker/Sun series is all about which team is going to control the tempo of the game. Lakers-slow down, pound it into the post vs Suns-run and gun. The Suns have homecourt and momentum on their side. The Lakers have the best clutch player in the game and history on their side (only 8 teams have ever successfully come back from 3-1 deficits)

If the Lakers have history on their side, please tell me how many teams have won a game seven on the road?

Congrats to the Spurs. I really thought the Kings could at least push it to 7 games. If Ron Ron doesn't lose his mind this summer and Geoff Petrie can make some more off season magic, then the forecast for the Kings next year will be a good one. Not championship contenders by any stretch, but there are good parts to work with.

Believe it or not, I am for dealing Brad Miller and/or Mike Bibby, particularly Bibby. I think the honeymoon is over with him here in Sac. Miller just doesn't show up in the playoffs enough for me to justify him being there. That's just me though

:ph34r:

You mean that, if you were forced to keep one of the two, you'd rather have Miller? The biggest pussy this side of Peja Stojakovic?

Congrats to the Spurs. I really thought the Kings could at least push it to 7 games. If Ron Ron doesn't lose his mind this summer and Geoff Petrie can make some more off season magic, then the forecast for the Kings next year will be a good one. Not championship contenders by any stretch, but there are good parts to work with.

Believe it or not, I am for dealing Brad Miller and/or Mike Bibby, particularly Bibby. I think the honeymoon is over with him here in Sac. Miller just doesn't show up in the playoffs enough for me to justify him being there. That's just me though

You mean that, if you were forced to keep one of the two, you'd rather have Miller? The biggest pussy this side of Peja Stojakovic?

I think you can get more for Bibby than Miller, so I'd trade Mike first as well.

Guest Smues

Huzzah for no second round series starting before all of the first round games are done this year. I've hated in the past when that happens, it just seems wrong.

Chris Mihm might play tonight and Game 6 of Lakers-Suns was the highest rated first round playoff game ever.

According to the LA Times, and not some column written by bitch ass Plaschke.

Also, Smush will be pulled if he shows signs of reluctance.

OKC treats them better than New Orleans ever could.

Besides the NO fans were calling into their talk radio saying that they didn't want the Hornets back anyway because they're tainted.

They should stay in OKC. It's a better market for them and better support.

Guest Felonies!

Charlotte has a better claim to the Hornets; they had much better attendance there. New Orleans has bigger fish to fry than their poorly-attended NBA team. They should stay in Oklahoma City.

Oh, and for the record, when I say Mr. Kobe, it's like Mr. Koab.

So Kobe is the King Of All Blacks?

Anybody know what Lebron said to Arenas during those free throws near the end of the game? I'm curious.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260505027

"I told him if he missed both of those free throws, the game was over," James said.

Arenas' account was a little different. He said James told him: "If you miss this, you know who's hitting the game-winner."

Just to remind everyone: Phil Jackson coached teams are 44-0 when they take the lead in a playoff series. I really can't see him letting them lose tonight. Smush is gonna be riding the pine, the Laker role players are going to get involved, and Kobe's still going to get his 40+.

I say Kobe hits a buzzer beater and the final score is:

Lakers 108 Suns 106

What's Phil Jackson's numbers for game 7's on the road in a playoff series, where his coached team took the lead, was ahead by 3-1, and then had the other team come back and beat him twice in a row to even it up going into that game 7?

Guest Felonies!

Depends, do you want the numbers for when the opposing coach was a Democrat or when the opposing coach was a Republican?

While Miller is a pussy, he is a talented big man. Talented big men in the NBA don't come in spades. While talented point guards are hard to come by as well, I'd take one with a little less offensive talent and more defensive toughness than Bibby, who couldn't guard a closed door much less a guy like Tony Parker.

After watching the Lakers not have the resolve to put away the Suns on the road when they had the series well in hand, AND after watching the Lakers not be able to put the Suns away at home when the going got a little tough, I don't see how the Lakers will win when the going is really tough and they're on the road. People say Kobe's not gonna let that happen, I say Steve Nash is going to have the exact same mentality. And Nash still has the better supporting cast. I'd kinda like to see the LA series, but I'm predicting...

Phoenix in a squash. 112-84.

This series is somewhat similar to the Bulls-Cavs series in 89.

In 1989, in the first round the Cavs (higher seed) played the Bulls in a Best of 5. Bulls were up 2-1 at home trying to close it out. In that game Jordan scored 50 pts, but the Bulls lost in OT to the Cavs sending it back to Cleveland for the decisive Game 5. That was also the last time, before Kobe in game 6, that a player scored over 50 pts and his team lost (in the playoffs). Anyways, I'm sure you know what happened in that decisive game 5. That game 5 occured on May 5th, 17 years and one day ago.

If the Lakers lose, it won't be a blowout, that much I'm sure of.

The Lakers failed to put away Portland in the year of their first championship under Jackson as well, squandering a 3-1 lead before winning. Of course, the Game 7 for that was at Staples, but still.

I guess I just instinctively stick up for New Orleans sports teams now. It's cool if they stay in Oklahoma City, s'long as the Saints don't go anywhere.

I hadn't been paying attention and didn't realize we could have an NBA series located entirely in the Staples Center

This is why I hate Skip Bayless. After going through the predictable trite argument about Kobe costing the Lakers Game 6 by taking over the scoring when they were behind, he actually argues that Kwame Brown should have been suspended for an elbow, but that Raja Bell shouldn't have been suspended for clotheslining Kobe to the ground. Apparently, swinging your arm backwards has more impact than than tackling someone by their neck.

In 1989, in the first round the Cavs (higher seed) played the Bulls in a Best of 5. Bulls were up 2-1 at home trying to close it out. In that game Jordan scored 50 pts, but the Bulls lost in OT to the Cavs sending it back to Cleveland for the decisive Game 5. That was also the last time, before Kobe in game 6, that a player scored over 50 pts and his team lost (in the playoffs). Anyways, I'm sure you know what happened in that decisive game 5. That game 5 occured on May 5th, 17 years and one day ago.

I don't, I'm a relatively new basketball fan. (Only been watching for a few years) What happened?

Guest Felonies!

I don't, I'm a relatively new basketball fan. (Only been watching for a few years) What happened?

8990G5EastSemiClevelandEhloShot.jpg

jordan23.jpg

ESPN just had their Top 10 plays of the playoffs thus far. Of course the Top 2 are about Kobe Bryant. And #4 was the Lebron walk around the world with no mention of how it was actually a travel.

um, if the guy's new and doesn't know the Bulls-Cleveland story, one single picture of Jordan celebrating doesn't say anything other than maybe the Bulls won.

Jordan made a VERY FAMOUS buzzer beating game winning shot over Craig Ehlo at the end of Game 5. You've probably seen it in commercials and such.

edit: err nevermind.

We'll see if Phil is earning his money tonight. The Lakers need to have huge games from Kwame and Odom, and they need to keep the score in the 90s and not go over 100. If the score is something like 105 or 110 up during the last few minutes, phoenix is winning, i dont care how close it is at the time.