TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Playoffs thread...

The Rangers sucked, I told you so, you didn't listen. They would have been killed with Jagr and Henrik, and they will continue to be made into Jersey's personal bitches. I feel bad for their next opponent.

Because of course your going to win without your top goaloe, top scorer, top defenseman, and best penatly killer? Take away Broduer, Gionta, Rafalski and Madden away from the Devils, thats basically what the Rangers are dealing with right now.

Guest Felonies!

I never cared for the Rangers, but man, this series is crucial. If all this bluff and bluster about a better faster fan-friendly NHL culminates in The Most Successful Afterthought In Sports, The New Jersey Devils winning another fucking Cup, America is just gonna stop caring again.

I never cared for the Rangers, but man, this series is crucial. If all this bluff and bluster about a better faster fan-friendly NHL culminates in The Most Successful Afterthought In Sports, The New Jersey Devils winning another fucking Cup, America is just gonna stop caring again.

There's a difference between the Trap that New Jersey does than say a team that relies on clutch and grab (Toronto).

Guest Felonies!

Did I mention Toronto? They're not even playing. What's your point? I don't care what the difference is. It's the neutral zone trap, it's the New Jersey Devils, and if the New Jersey Devils win with the neutral zone trap, we'll be back to apathy, just like the last three times the Devils won. Personally, I want Calgary or Montreal to win it all. Have them meet up a third time, it'll be great. Bring the Cup to Montreal or The Red Mile, now that's gonna be a blast to see. Hell of a lot more compelling than the Meadowlands parking lot.

I'm only replying to this cause the Oilers started using the trap on Detroit. While the trap is effective, it's not going to be as effective as it was say 6 years ago. Despite Edmonton's trapping efforts, Detroit still pumped 57 shots at Roloson and another 30+ in game 2. Sure the trap isn't the most exciting thing to watch but if that's what the Oilers have to do to shut down the Wings, so be it.

The Devils haven't been trapping, but them winning the Cup wouldn't be good for the league.

Because of course your going to win without your top goaloe, top scorer, top defenseman, and best penatly killer? Take away Broduer, Gionta, Rafalski and Madden away from the Devils, thats basically what the Rangers are dealing with right now.

Who's fault is it that they're hurt? Last time I checked, they got their asses beat in Game 1 with all their best players out there. The Devils would still have Elias, Gomez and Langenbrunner without the guys that you mentioned above sans Brodeur, and they'd still win. Good teams can win without their best player. The Devils are missing Colin White, so they aren't without their injuries.

I don't know what game you are watching, but it seems after a long break, Carolina is quick, but they can't keep that same pace throughout the game.

They can, but they've laid an egg in the first period. They are a few Gerber saves from winning both games.

Guest Felonies!

But not everyone gets that. They hear "trap," they go "TRAP BAD" and get angry.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the Devils winning the Stanley Cup is suicide for the league even more than usual.

Guest Princess Leena

Carolina needs to come back against Montreal... because I'd much rather the Sabres face them in the 2nd round, instead of the Devils. :(

America doesn't care now, Czech. They're not going to "stop" caring regardless who wins the Cup; the only way that they'll start caring again is if it's two US-based teams (preferably the Rangers & a team like Dallas or Detroit) and the timing is perfect that the NBA playoffs are in a lull & not much is happening in the MLB. Because otherwise, it will be an afterthought on ESPN that only the diehards that are searching for information will hear about.

Trap or no trap, the Cup will be so far under the radar that no one will hear enough to care one way or another.

Montreal's playing awesome so far. Hopefully, they can keep it going at home, and get this done quick.

The Flames need to show up and play their game. So far, they've half-assed the first two games of the series.

Some SERIOUS hate going on in Tampa. I love it.

Did anyone hear the anthems before this game? Worst anthems I've ever heard that weren't comically bad. Even the CBC announcers commented on how bad they were before the game started.

Detroit ties it up on the powerplay at 1-1. Too bad, it had to come off of a Chelios dive while they were on a PK, then another iffy interference call on Edmonton to give the Wings the powerplay(god, I sound like a Yankees fan bitching about the other team). End result is a tie game towards the end of one period.

Side note, the crowd is awesome, but the ice seems kinda bad.Kinda like it's a bit warmer than normal in the rink.

And I know it's not the point of playoff hockey, but I'd love a fight this game(Detroit had 4 at last count towards the end of the season total). All in all a decent start tonight.

Edit: 2-1 Edmonton as Legacy gives up a weak wrap-around goal. Mickey Redmond(Detroit color-commentator) is still having a shit-fit over giving that one up.

I havent posted here in a long time due to my job but there's a lot on my mind. First of all, I'm gonna apologize to Max, nl5 and whomever else I advocated John Grahame to, you were right and I was wrong (although tonight wasnt the proper game to pick on Grahame cause the Lightning D was ass and none of the goals were really that bad). Secondly, I dont care if the Lightning win this series (they wont) what I do want to see is great bodily harm caused to Chris Neil. In fact, I'm considering starting a club called Chris Neil is a cocksucker. This Claude Lemeiux son of a bitch is a turd who tried to pick on Lightning players smaller than him and when fought by Dingman tonight turtled like a little bitch. A few punches is not good enough for me I'm sorry I want to see him where he doesnt see the ice for the rest of the playoffs. So yeah the Lightning will lose but as long as Neil gets one beatdown per game and /or is eliminated for the rest of the postseason I'm happy.

Say what you want about Neil, but him suckering Dingman into a seven-minute penalty was brilliant. If you're going to be stupid enough to drop the gloves in the postseason, at least make sure the other guy's going to go. He single-handedly killed any chance the Lightning had of coming back in the third.

Brilliant, my ass. First of all the Bolts were not coming back in the 3rd, that was a cocktease. There was simply no way the Lightning's D was gonna hold up for 15 minutes or whenever the Dingman penalty took place in order for them to come back from three goals down. Dingman needed to send a message and he did that and what exactly did Neil do to BAIT him that was so brilliant stand there? Someone needed to beat his ass and I'm glad Dingman did.

Dingman did his job. Neil should be lucky that Fritz hasn't played. Tampa had no chance to win, so might as well try to send a message.

Calgary looked good.

The funniest thing about Jagr being hurt (not that it's funny when anyone's hurt, cause it's not) is that Rangers fans couldn't stop raving about how Jagr was unstoppable and that nobody could check him, because he was too strong on the puck. People also said that it was pointless to enforce against him by sending out a guy like McGrattan.

How does he get hurt for these games? On his own. ha

I think a Detroit win here could be killer to Edmonton's confidence, because the Oil clearly outplayed the Wings in the first OT.

I'm gonna say Yzerman gets the goal.